#501 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,752 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:50 PM

^ If management didn't wanna' tank, they would've done something to resolve some of those issues by now. Seems like they're content with just letting things ride out the way they are. As you saw earlier, of course, they'll never admit to any form of tanking (Mitch's "passionate" comments), but it's pretty obvious.

They'll play to win and let the chips fall where they may, and if they lose they'll lose, but they won't doing it intentionally. 

Given our injuries and circumstances we don't have to "try" to lose in the first place.   So there's really nothing to admit to. 

I honestly think that some fans that accuse or try to act like the Lakers are tanking are trying to make themselves feel better rather than accept that the Lakers aren't intentionally losing.   They want to give the Lakers credit for anything including losing as if it's some well thought out secret plan.  

Nope, the Lakers are just losing.  It's not a secret tanking plan, they aren't trying to configure away to land Wiggins or Parker.   

IF the Lakers are a bad team this year then they'll be a bad team this year, nothing intentional or strategic about it really.   I just think that some fans make themselves feel better by saying the Lakers are tanking and trying to land a high draft pick(some thought out plan) rather than they're just losing and if they get a draft pick it's because they did bad this year, be it due to injury, circumstance or whatever. 

One things for sure, the Lakers didn't "plan" it.  

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#502 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,192 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:58 PM

They'll play to win and let the chips fall where they may, and if they lose they'll lose, but they won't doing it intentionally.

Given our injuries and circumstances we don't have to "try" to lose in the first place. So there's really nothing to admit to.

I honestly think that some fans that accuse or try to act like the Lakers are tanking are trying to make themselves feel better rather than accept that the Lakers aren't intentionally losing. They want to give the Lakers credit for anything including losing as if it's some well thought out secret plan.

Nope, the Lakers are just losing. It's not a secret tanking plan, they aren't trying to configure away to land Wiggins or Parker.

IF the Lakers are a bad team this year then they'll be a bad team this year, nothing intentional or strategic about it really. I just think that some fans make themselves feel better by saying the Lakers are tanking and trying to land a high draft pick(some thought out plan) rather than they're just losing and if they get a draft pick it's because they did bad this year, be it due to injury, circumstance or whatever.

I don't think they saw this happening. I also don't think they had realistic championship aspirations.

#503 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 6,995 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:16 PM

Damn I need Smelling Salts just to watch these fools!

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#504 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,349 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:26 PM

As disjointed as the offense looks, we still posted 99 points.  The extremely limited defensive effort continues to kill us.  I am convinced that even with this marginal roster we could play street ball on offense  and with an even average defensive effort, be competitive.  In other words, let Rambis have a whack at this.

Take out the 3rd quarter, and we'd be in the ball game. We only got outscored by 1 in the 4th and outscored them in both the 1st and 2nd quarters. 

A 33-15 3rd quarter is just pathetic. 

#505 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,349 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:29 PM

The management has accepted that we're not winning a championship or even making it to the playoffs. Why else were they trying to deal Pau for at least Zeller? We're getting young assets (+ picks, if possible) and just let the product of players we have on the floor play.

Edited by Clutch Factor, January 08, 2014 - 08:38 PM.

#506 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,349 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:30 PM

I don't think they saw this happening. I also don't think they had realistic championship aspirations.

It was an experimental year in their minds. 

#507 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,349 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:34 PM

he played him when we cutting the lead down as well with the hack a Howard.    He didn't play him cause of the lead, he played him because Kelly got in foul trouble.   Then he stuck with Kaman the rest of the game.   Kaman did some good, some bad, showed his weaknesses on switches, but showed what he can do if you come straight at him.  If anything he could potentially get minutes over Kelly.  But if you must play Kaman it'd be smart to put Kelly at the three and Kaman and Hill at the 4/5 with the bench.  The problem with that is Kelly isn't gonna be able to stay with 3s defensively and when X came back that switches things up yet again. 

Kelly is too slow to defend the 3. I'd rather have Kaman on the floor since he'll score effectively in the post or through midrange jumpers, he'll rebound the ball, and he'll block at least one shot per game. After Dwight left us, I'm sure Kaman thought this would be the perfect opportunity to receive playing time.

The only reason I'd have Kelly on the floor is if he had a respectable 3-point stroke. Unfortunately that isn't the case. Kaman deserves his minutes but Kelly should also receive playing time given this is a developmental year. 

We're not winning [expletive] this year. Just let everyone play.

#508 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,743 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:39 PM

Mitch : Mike is doing a great job.

Thats it then.

#509 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 955 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:41 PM

Given our injuries and circumstances we don't have to "try" to lose in the first place.   So there's really nothing to admit to. 

I honestly think that some fans that accuse or try to act like the Lakers are tanking are trying to make themselves feel better rather than accept that the Lakers aren't intentionally losing.   They want to give the Lakers credit for anything including losing as if it's some well thought out secret plan.  

Nope, the Lakers are just losing.  It's not a secret tanking plan, they aren't trying to configure away to land Wiggins or Parker.   

IF the Lakers are a bad team this year then they'll be a bad team this year, nothing intentional or strategic about it really.   I just think that some fans make themselves feel better by saying the Lakers are tanking and trying to land a high draft pick(some thought out plan) rather than they're just losing and if they get a draft pick it's because they did bad this year, be it due to injury, circumstance or whatever. 

Maybe tanking is not the right word for it, but the Lakers accepted that by losing Dwight this was a throw away year. They did the best they could to put together a roster and they're using this season to evaluate who'll they keep when they reload next year. A bunch of one year contract tells me to an extent that it was in a way planned. Planned that if these players didn't pan out they could just reload or dare I use the word rebuild over the following years with free agency and the draft.

They haven't made any moves because there have been none good enough for them to bite on, but I do believe they're content with sitting on Pau if they don't see a deal they like.

Make no mistake about it expectations weren't too high for the Lakers this year and nor should they have been. I myself had them as a bottom playoff team but injuries derailed those aspirations. I believe the Lakers front office has accepted that fact. There is no quick fix.

Edited by MrRJ, January 08, 2014 - 08:43 PM.

#510 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,752 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:58 PM

Gasol on holding Dwight to 2-10 from the paint. 

Gasol: "He's the exact same player he was last year in practice." 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#511 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,349 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 09:00 PM

Gasol on holding Dwight to 2-10 from the paint. 

Gasol: "He's the exact same player he was last year in practice." 

Gasol definitely outplayed Dwight tonight. 

#512 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,371 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted January 08, 2014 - 09:24 PM

Dwight can't handle Gasol as his defensive man. <br />We know this since 2009
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#513 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted January 08, 2014 - 09:53 PM

The post-game interviews are getting redundant now...

#514 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 10:23 PM

It's like listening to a broken record.

• 40,399 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 10:25 PM

Starting to remind me of last year. There's only so much you can say at a certain point. Even when the players often say "you know", we really do know actually (in these cases).

yo.

#516 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,371 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted January 09, 2014 - 06:48 AM

if we lose this 10 games

the players will give up

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users