#101 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,918 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 31, 2014 - 11:57 PM

I don't care about the draft, not one stinkin' bit.

And yeah, I was wrong, wow, what a privilege.  They're 1/2 game out of the second worst in the league - so far off.

In 32 years of watching this team, this is the worst season I've had the unfortunate luck of being around.  Injures and the multitude of excuses aside, it's pathetic.

#102 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,065 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 01, 2014 - 02:13 AM

93-94 was worse for me imo. when we went through 3 coaches and went 33-49. 

This one doesn't strike me so terrible with all the injuries and circumstances. 

Nowhere near the most painful season for me which was 98-99.  Nothing replaces the pain from that year.  Even the 3 championships that follow 15 years later 98-99 still hurts for many reasons. 

Edited by Majesty, February 01, 2014 - 02:14 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#103 fido

fido

• 10,918 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 03:14 AM

That's a generational thing, you weren't around for '86, and weren't as into it in the early '90s simply because you were younger.  Not your fault, just the way it is.

For me '86 is the worst as far as heartbreak goes.  As far as disappointment and disgust goes, this season takes the prize, followed closely by '92/'93.

#104 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,065 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 03:20 AM

Yeah, generational I think those are the worst for my dad too.  That and 68-69 all the way to early 70s.    Going to the finals two times.  The first time losing cause the coach refused to play Wilt(the balloon game against the celtics) the next getting back there and losing. 

I think those are his worst.  Although 91 was the one that annoyed him the most and he hates watching that layup by Jordan played over and over and over again  :laughing:

#105 fido

fido

• 10,918 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 03:24 AM

'86 kills me every time I see the replay of Cooper falling to the floor after Samson made the bucket for the Rockets to advance.

Had the Lakers made it to the Finals that year, they more than likely would've beaten the Celtics, since they were a far better team at that point, and eventually won 4 in a row along with giving the Lakers as many titles as the Celtics right now.

#106 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,065 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 03:26 AM

Yeah that was RIGHT before my time. But I know about that one, couldn't imagine that last second heartbreak now.  

It would be the equivalent for me of Horry missing the 3 against Sacramento but it being in game 7. 

Though I did feel some of that against the Spurs the following year in..and out.. and Horry's reaction pretty much mirrored mine. 

Edited by Majesty, February 01, 2014 - 03:27 AM.

#107 fido

fido

• 10,918 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 03:27 AM

The Lakers were hanging on by a thread that season anyway, I didn't see them winning the ring if they did make it past the Spurs.

#108 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,065 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 03:35 AM

Yep 4 in a row so I understood.  But being the kid I was I was mad at Shaq and on Kobe's side obviously. 

I still remember the commercial with the kids ring a round the rosieing around Shaq the next year and taunting him that the Spurs won the west and that he'd better come back in shape.  I think that was LeBron's rookie year too.  

And of course what followed.. Malone.. Payton..big drama..Kobe's gamewinner that made me cry after he came from court that day had high hopes.. being SO HAPPY we beat San Antonio..and then running into Detroit....  

Then afterwards we all know. The only thing I remember about that next season was Kobe dunking on Dwight with about 20 different prototypes of medical advancements on his body to stop the injuries he'd kept enduring that year and seeing the poster in SLAM magazine of it. Then of course the first round exits till Gasol and now we're here ^_^

Edited by Majesty, February 01, 2014 - 03:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users