Photo

Anderson Silva to doctors: When can I train?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,087 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 30, 2013 - 06:11 PM

Silva to docs: 'When can I train?'

Prior to undergoing surgery on his broken left leg early Sunday morning, UFC middleweightAnderson Silva asked doctors, "When can I train?"

Silva, widely regarded as one of the greatest fighters of all time, suffered a severe leg injury during a failed bid to recapture the UFC middleweight title against Chris Weidman on Dec. 28 in Las Vegas.

The Brazilian was rushed to a local hospital with a fractured tibia and fibula in his left leg. Dr. Steven Sanders, the UFC's orthopedic surgeon, operated on Silva for "about an hour," inserting a titanium rod into his broken tibia bone.

Sanders, who spoke to media members via conference call on Monday, gave Silva a recovery timetable of 3 to 6 months and said he could resume training as early as 6 to 9 months. He added that Silva's age, 38, should have zero effect on his recovery.

"In the pre-op area, his questions were, 'When can I train?'" Sanders told ESPN.com.

"When the fracture heals, the bone will achieve its original strength. In addition, it will also have a titanium rod that is 11.5 millimeters in diameter shoring up that area. Whether a fighter returns after injury can be multifactorial, but from a bone perspective, when the fracture heals you can start to test the soft tissue."

Silva remains hospitalized in Las Vegas as of Monday afternoon. Sanders did not have an estimated time for his release.

http://espn.go.com/m...cted-3-6-months

His first thought is already when is he gonna come back... 

No wonder this guy likes him so much 

anderson-silva-20-1500x953.jpg

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted December 30, 2013 - 06:17 PM

Such a bad way to go too. Throws a kick and just so happens it's blocked with a knee.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#3 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,821 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 30, 2013 - 06:53 PM

Watched it live. Sucked that is how the fight ended. Two fights in a row where Weidman got pretty lucky against silva. Hopefully the fight against Belfort doesnt have any freak stuff like those last two fights.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#4 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,039 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted December 30, 2013 - 08:57 PM

Mr Terrific To Anderson Silva: When Can You Retire?

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users