280 replies to this topic

#81 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,850 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 10, 2014 - 12:57 PM

^ Thanks. That's exactly what I was going for. You should see the full blown-up pic. It's even more dramatic honestly.

Crazy thing is I randomly found it posted by Arash Markazi on his twitter. He made a post of the image and under the details said it creeped him out. I agreed and liked it enough to use it myself.

Carrot top after a gig that didn't get many laughs? (all of them)

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

#82 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,999 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 10, 2014 - 01:16 PM

Depends on that meniscus abnormality. . 

Edited by Majesty, January 10, 2014 - 01:16 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,376 posts

Posted January 10, 2014 - 02:48 PM

So... how long will that date have been now since the initial prediction of the re-evaluation? Like a week later more or less? I tell ya', once again, yet another example confirming the harsh reality that when it comes to our team and injuries & timelines & what not, we should probably almost always expect the worst & take estimates & the like with that lovely grain of salt.

Whenever I see your name, I know it's going to be an update or tweet!

He's replaced MDI's old role around here. He's our new go-to guy for tweet updates.  Been doin' it for some time now. It is much appreciated though. More than he probably thinks or knows.

yo.

#84 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,462 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 12, 2014 - 12:27 PM

Xavier Henry did some running today and is shooting with teammates at the end of practice. His knee's getting evaluated again tomorrow.

Very good news.

#85 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,999 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 12:34 PM

Extremely good news, if I hadn't heard anything about him practicing or shooting with the team till the day of his re-evaluation I'd have been worried.

#86 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,462 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 12:54 PM

Here's Xavier Henry (knee strain) looking pretty good on a step-back J after practice. https://vine.co/v/hLZ1T2wzPTl 

Xavier Henry says he feels "way better" but is not sure when he can return. Will get knee checked by the Dr. tomorrow to gauge availability.

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten10s

X. Henry says that a Tues return against Cleveland is "possible" for him pending a doctor's evaluation Monday. He went thru drills today

Edited by Lakersfan1211, January 12, 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#87 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,665 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 12, 2014 - 01:10 PM

Excited to have him back!

#88 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,999 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 01:24 PM

More bodies.   Now if everyone can stay healthy by the time Blake and or Farmar get back then they'll at least get some stability to the bench and we won't have to worry about freight train in a tunnel Meeks having no clue what a drive and dish is trying to play point guard. 

#89 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,665 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 01:27 PM

More bodies.   Now if everyone can stay healthy by the time Blake and or Farmar get back then they'll at least get some stability to the bench and we won't have to worry about freight train in a tunnel Meeks having no clue what a drive and dish is trying to play point guard. 

I hope Xavier does not play any PG role. I think it would be great to have Marshall remaning as the starting PG and finding a cutting/attacking Xavier over and over again.

#90 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,093 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 12, 2014 - 01:30 PM

I agree with Jackson. MDA needs to leave the PG duties to a natural PG.
Posted Image

#91 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,999 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 01:32 PM

I hope Xavier does not play any PG role. I think it would be great to have Marshall remaning as the starting PG and finding a cutting/attacking Xavier over and over again.

This.  

Marshall should remain starting point guard when Farmar returns.  If Nash returns first he should back up Marshall to get himself up to speed. 

The thing is the starting unit is not my worry, they're usually competitive till the bench comes in. When the bench comes in is when the wheels fall off because Meeks isn't the guy to do it, and if Nick Young is off... it's a nightmare.   X was actually better as the "floor general" than Meeks.  I don't want to see X as point again.   But if Meeks keeps sucking as the point guard they may make X the bench point guard till Blake or Farmar return.  It's just the reality of the situation.  

Farmar is likely gone for another 2 and a half weeks.   Nash, Kobe, Farmar, Blake will all be returning around the same time.   

The Lakers just have to make it out of the rest of January healthy and then maybe we'll get close to our full roster back. 

Edited by Majesty, January 12, 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#92 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,665 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 01:37 PM

This.  

Marshall should remain starting point guard when Farmar returns.  If Nash returns first he should back up Marshall to get himself up to speed. 

The thing is the starting unit is not my worry, they're usually competitive till the bench comes in. When the bench comes in is when the wheels fall off because Meeks isn't the guy to do it, and if Nick Young is off... it's a nightmare.   X was actually better as the "floor general" than Meeks.  I don't want to see X as point again.   But if Meeks keeps sucking as the point guard they may make X the bench point guard till Blake or Farmar return.  It's just the reality of the situation.  

Farmar is likely gone for another 2 and a half weeks.   Nash, Kobe, Farmar, Blake will all be returning around the same time.   

The Lakers just have to make it out of the rest of January healthy and then maybe we'll get close to our full roster back. 

I think if Nash comes back, it would be great to have him as a shooting guard. Marshall finds players wide open at the 3-point a lot. Nash was one of the best shooters in the NBA 2 years ago, and I think he would fair well with Marshall finding him wide open.

The problem is this:

When Nash, Farmar, and Blake all return, who will start for PG?

Kobe will be the starting shooting guard with Young backing him, but I'm confused as to who will start for PG, who will be benched, and who will be third-stringed...

Edited by Jackson, January 12, 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#93 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,149 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 12, 2014 - 01:40 PM

Nice. Maybe we'll get some fun moments out of him. I'd like to see more production from him to see if he should be on the roster next season. Out of young, Meeks and Xavier we can probably only keep 1 or 2 of them. Right now I'm leaning towards young and Meeks, let's see if Xavier will knock one of them off.

#94 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,149 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 12, 2014 - 01:43 PM

Nash ain't gonna be healthy for no more than 5 games. If he suffers another major setback, I wouldn't be surprised if he announced that this would be his last season.

#95 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,999 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 01:46 PM

I think if Nash comes back, it would be great to have him as a shooting guard. Marshall finds players wide open at the 3-point a lot. Nash was one of the best shooters in the NBA 2 years ago, and I think he would fair well with Marshall finding him wide open.

The problem is this:

When Nash, Farmar, and Blake all return, who will start for PG?

Kobe will be the starting shooting guard with Young backing him, but I'm confused as to who will start for PG, who will be benched, and who will be third-stringed...

That is the question isn't it. 

I have a feeling Farmar will always be the backup sparkplug.  So it comes down to who will start between Blake, Marshall and Nash.  

Blake is likely the starter upon his return if his game hasn't fallen off too much and it's gonna take some adjustment period for him using his right arm again.   Although it sucks for Marshall, Blake is the better shooter and defender so he'd likely start.

As far as where Nash falls, I really don't know.  If he's backup then he knocks Farmar out of the rotation.  If he's backup 2 then he moves Meeks or Young.    That's the problem with depth.   But it sucks when you don't have it.  We overloaded the point guard spot just so this wouldn't happen and all 3 went down. 

Blake's was another freak accident when ANOTHER point guard crashed into him, just as Lilliard did to Nash last year..

So I don't know.    I'm unsure as to whether Nash is going to play again, not because of health but his effectiveness right away, I don't see him jumping ahead of Farmar or Blake honestly. 

Nice. Maybe we'll get some fun moments out of him. I'd like to see more production from him to see if he should be on the roster next season. Out of young, Meeks and Xavier we can probably only keep 1 or 2 of them. Right now I'm leaning towards young and Meeks, let's see if Xavier will knock one of them off.

I think the Lakers would keep Young over Meeks and would bring X back. 

Strictly because Meeks offense isn't as consistent and he can't get his shot as well as Young, and Xavier has a higher upside than Meeks, defensively especially as well as finishing ability and getting to the basket.   

So Young is the better scorer, Xavier is bigger with the higher upside and can play the 3.   So I could see them keeping Young and Xavier over Meeks who can likely get overpaid elsewhere because of his shot although it's fallen off in the recent weeks. 

#96 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,850 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 12, 2014 - 02:32 PM

^ agree and X probably comes cheaper than Meeks as well

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

#97 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,999 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 03:35 PM

Interview with X today at practice 

http://www.nba.com/l...enrymov-3105136

#98 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,303 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 04:31 PM

I hope Xavier doesn't rush it since we've been getting blown out. But I'll be excited to have him back if he feels healthy.

Things Xavier needs to work on this summer:

1) Free throws (What's the point of driving it in if you can't make FT when you're fouled?)

2) Driving it in to the right (Xavier will be unpredictable if he can drive it in from both ways)

3) Mid-range game (He's improved with those step-back jumpers. Just needs an entire summer to master it down)

#99 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,462 posts

Posted January 13, 2014 - 01:26 PM

Xavier Henry experienced some soreness in his knee today from yesterday's workout. He will not play tomorrow night vs. CLE.

Henry will continue to do non-weight bearing workouts for the next several days, but will not ramp up his workouts.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, January 13, 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#100 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,999 posts

Posted January 13, 2014 - 01:36 PM

That plus X will have to go through some practices before D'antoni brings him back 

1. .@XavierHenry will be re-evaluated today. Once cleared, D'Antoni wants to see him in practice before he returns to game action.

I'll assume this is gonna be for everyone.  D'antoni spoke the same of Nash and Kobe, having them scrimmage a bit before bringing them back, once cleared.  

So we'll see how long before X actually returns. 

Edited by Majesty, January 13, 2014 - 01:36 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users