Lakers

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 drk3351

drk3351

Rookie

• 14 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 11:54 AM

Lakers fans here is a game breakdown of the last 2 plays of the Jazz game last night. As always discussion of these plays and the game are welcome.

lasportscentral.com a LA sports forum.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,649 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 28, 2013 - 12:03 PM

I agree about Hill boxing out as well as Sacre and Farmars weak screens or lack of screens putting Meeks in that situation.  Hill's been slacking on boxing out as of late, I can't fault him for going after the block but it was unnecessary with Sacre challenging the shot.   Xavier could have also switched over on Favors to box him out when he saw Hill going for the block too. Not that it would have stopped him but at least it would have prevented a put back dunk.  

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,339 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2013 - 12:24 PM

A game winning put-back dunk. The worst shot at the worst time a team can give up.

Edited by Clutch Factor, December 28, 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#4 Legendary834

Legendary834

Immortal

• 121 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 28, 2013 - 12:46 PM

Well at least this didn't happen...

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,212 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted December 28, 2013 - 02:08 PM

How about dantonie benching the lakers best defensive player for the final defensive possession ???

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,649 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 02:09 PM

How about dantonie benching the lakers best defensive player for the final defensive possession ???

How about Kaman injuring his ankle prior to that and D'antoni not wanting to risk it?   That's why he wasn't out there for the final play as well. 

Edited by Majesty, December 28, 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#7 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,363 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted December 28, 2013 - 02:37 PM

How about Kaman injuring his ankle prior to that and D'antoni not wanting to risk it?   That's why he wasn't out there for the final play as well. 

he sits everyone else but allows kobe to trash his injured body as long he wants...

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#8 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,212 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted December 28, 2013 - 03:12 PM

he sits everyone else but allows kobe to trash his injured body as long he wants...

If dantonie leads the lakers to a top 6 pick ... Then I can somewhat forgive him

#9 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 28, 2013 - 06:18 PM

Exactly

Don't won't my role player to get injured anymore but I'll play my star player. Idiot....

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,649 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 06:47 PM

Of course, if you can't blame him for Kaman not being out there in the final play, bring up Kobe.  Never fails :) 

#11 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 28, 2013 - 06:50 PM

If dantonie leads the lakers to a top 6 pick ... Then I can somewhat forgive him

ONLY if said pick panned out

even still...dumb regardless

Edited by citr92, December 28, 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#12 flota

flota

• 2,363 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 08:14 PM

Of course, if you can't blame him for Kaman not being out there in the final play, bring up Kobe.  Never fails :)

lol

youre going to defend MDA no matter what.

kaman injured his ankle and he didnt played more.

kobe returning from a season ending injury hurt his knee when he got down, but he kept him in game and probably that make that hit worse than it was, wtf with that?

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,649 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 08:42 PM

lol

youre going to defend MDA no matter what.

kaman injured his ankle and he didnt played more.

kobe returning from a season ending injury hurt his knee when he got down, but he kept him in game and probably that make that hit worse than it was, wtf with that?

Oh yes, he should have pulled him.   At the same time everyone plays the martyr now when they weren't saying anything when Kobe was still in the game and scoring and when he hit the two big threes of ours.   At that point all fans were saying was Kobe was a God and how he was going to lead us and proclaiming his greatness and I saw no postings of "pull him now!".  When he went down then suddenly everyone was saying how he should have been pulled.  Hindsight is always 20/20.  

I don't think he should have stayed in.  But no one was screaming to pull him because they were thinking about "winning" and making the playoffs and they knew realistically considering all the other problems our team was dealing with that we wouldn't have won without Kobe in.    But people martyr it all the time when they were silent when Kobe was hitting the shots bringing us back into the game. 

But the thing is one tried to blame the guy for not putting in Kaman, but when given a legitimate reason why he did, then another reason to hate D'antoni is just pulled out from a year ago just because it can't end with making a smart decision to pull Kaman, instead it HAS to end with a reason to hate him regardless of how long it was ago and imo it's pretty silly at this point.    

I'm pretty sure if D'antoni was at the store and he bought Wonder bread for his wife someone would say "Look at that idiot coach buying wonder bread" And then someone saying "That's his wife's favorite brand." and then the guy saying in response "Yeah but remember the time he missed their anniversary by 10 minutes 15 years ago?  Obvious idiot!"   :laughing:

#14 flota

flota

• 2,363 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 09:02 PM

I don't go that far, im not windu.
I give his props when I think he does a great job.
Imposible is nothing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users