Photo

Are All Mini-HDMI Cables Universal/The Same?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

• 40,395 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 05:30 PM

Even ones that come packaged as an accessory with an HD camcorder purchased? Is it possible they'd only be intended to work with that specific product and not anything else? Or is there a standard for all mini-HDMI cables that should be able to work with any & everything that's got a mini-HDMI port?

I ask because I'm trying to get to the bottom of whether a certain tablet of mine not displaying properly on my tv at 1080p has to do with either the cable itself or the device. I even change the resolution as one's supposed to on the tablet so it can output through the hdmi connection at its highest quality, but then within a second or so it always resorts back to default crappiest quality 640x480 on the tv screen.

Currently working with by phone & email the tablet company (Hannspree) to try & resolve this issue & figure whether it could be the specific mini-HDMI cable I have or my device just being a faulty one in that particular aspect of it therefore needing to replace it for another or just returning it altogether.

yo.

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,083 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted December 26, 2013 - 06:00 PM

*waits for Wade*

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted December 26, 2013 - 06:12 PM

There is a standard and they should be universal. You can have higher quality cables or cables with features others don't. But as far as basic video and audio they are all standard.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#4 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 26, 2013 - 06:14 PM

There are two versions actually. Some may run version 1.4 and some may run version 1.3.

The newer version (1.4) converges a lot of features and supposedly is capable of running a lot of modern technologies such as 3D etc.

Edited by Jackson, December 26, 2013 - 06:15 PM.

• 40,395 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 06:49 PM

Thanks guys.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users