Photo

Luol Deng on joining the Lakers; Lakers express interest (Pg. 3); Phil Jackson thinks Lakers will target Luol Deng in offseason (Pg. 12)

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#381 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,341 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:29 AM

I think he just signed with Miami - 2yrs 20M.

Ken Berger @KBergCBS 1m

Luol Deng has committed to sign with the Miami Heat, league source says.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, July 13, 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#382 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,477 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:30 AM

Yahoo Sources: Miami, Luol Deng agree on 2-year, $20M deal. http://yhoo.it/1mxVeWQ .

Luol Deng has committed to sign with the Miami Heat, league source says.

Luol Deng has agreed to join the Miami Heat on a two-year, $20 million deal, I can confirm. Big pickup for Heat.

Looks like he caved; 10mil a year lol.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, July 13, 2014 - 10:31 AM.

#383 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,055 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:32 AM

And now the Heat will go after Bledsoe. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#384 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,098 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:36 AM

Lock
Posted Image

#385 LakersAllDay77

LakersAllDay77

Rookie

• 725 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fisher

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:42 AM

East might not be so pathetic after all

#386 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,035 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:58 AM

Are the Heat trying to position themselves for Durant?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#387 WeNeedVanExcel

WeNeedVanExcel

Rookie

• 377 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:59 AM

I think that Phoenix matches any offer for Bledsoe. Got job by Riley piecing a team together. They will still be good if they get any thing out of Wade at all.

#388 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,477 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 13, 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hawks re-engaged with Luol Deng on Sunday, & Lakers/Detroit called too, but he's heading to the Heat - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/heat/2014/07/13/luol-deng-agrees-to-contract-with-miami-heat/12597333/ 

#389 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,358 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 13, 2014 - 05:57 PM

All the smoke and mirrors to clear salary just for another circus season and the Buss' walk away with another $100,000,000 profit season plus another god knows how much from China. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on Me. On another note;  I think big free agents are not willing to tolerate Kobe and his salary. One or the other but not both. I truly think if Kobe took a pay cut deep enough to acquire better players, It may have worked out. Kind of like what Tim Duncan did. I don't mind Kobe getting his going away money, but don't try to sell me on trying to get him his 6th ring by making attempts at players you stood damn near zero chance of getting. LeBron nor Carmelo were going to put themselves in a bad salary cap situation and or a bad team situation without getting $130 mil. They could have had that in NY and Miami. As usual we drank the Kool-Aid again

#390 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,718 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 13, 2014 - 06:25 PM

All the smoke and mirrors to clear salary just for another circus season and the Buss' walk away with another $100,000,000 profit season plus another god knows how much from China. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on Me. On another note;  I think big free agents are not willing to tolerate Kobe and his salary. One or the other but not both. I truly think if Kobe took a pay cut deep enough to acquire better players, It may have worked out. Kind of like what Tim Duncan did. I don't mind Kobe getting his going away money, but don't try to sell me on trying to get him his 6th ring by making attempts at players you stood damn near zero chance of getting. LeBron nor Carmelo were going to put themselves in a bad salary cap situation and or a bad team situation without getting $130 mil. They could have had that in NY and Miami. As usual we drank the Kool-Aid again

So , are u telling me the Buss Fam are HAPPY to not get Melo?

That they had a chance against the money he could get from NY?

That they could have convinced Bron to NOT return home?

That they should overpay other guys like Lance a max contrct at 15 million?

Laker fans are super disloyal and cry every time we dont win a title

CRY

Its highly unlikely we are winning this ecade

We dont have to make every move and decision  a reason to go through the 

Woe is Laker nation BS

Laker fans said it whenJerry West retired

When Magic retired

When Shaq was traded

And now that Buss is dead

#391 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,358 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 06:29 PM

^^^^^ No. We're saying don't blow smoke up our a#@!!! If we did get Melo. What else would have happened with 18 mil left over to pay 13 other guys?

Edited by lakersince75, July 13, 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#392 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,718 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 13, 2014 - 07:25 PM

Do u watch the NBA?

Nothing is instant. Takes time

you would have had KObe and Melo and Clarkson and Randle and Kelly, and lacked bigs and bench scoring until Nash came off books, in which case you allocate those funds..then KObe comes off the books and u use those

What's the smoke?

What are u talking about and what do they owe you?

Lakers have treated the fans poorly as an organization?

#393 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 983 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted July 13, 2014 - 08:11 PM

Do u watch the NBA?

Nothing is instant. Takes time

you would have had KObe and Melo and Clarkson and Randle and Kelly, and lacked bigs and bench scoring until Nash came off books, in which case you allocate those funds..then KObe comes off the books and u use those

What's the smoke?

What are u talking about and what do they owe you?

Lakers have treated the fans poorly as an organization?

Nobody said we had to win a title every season. At least when shaq left and we went on that stretch without a title we had a Kobe in his 20s. We don't have that anymore. We have a old Kobe who cant carry the load like that anymore. We don't have to win a title every season just put a entertaining competitive team on the court. Season ticket holders paid all that money just to have them put a mediocre team on the floor and say oh damn we tried so [expletive] it. Knowing Adam Silver we will have to play Cleveland on Christmas. That game will be a televised rape smh

#394 Shiro

Shiro

Rookie

• 386 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 08:28 PM

Nobody said we had to win a title every season. At least when shaq left and we went on that stretch without a title we had a Kobe in his 20s. We don't have that anymore. We have a old Kobe who cant carry the load like that anymore. We don't have to win a title every season just put a entertaining competitive team on the court. Season ticket holders paid all that money just to have them put a mediocre team on the floor and say oh damn we tried so [expletive] it. Knowing Adam Silver we will have to play Cleveland on Christmas. That game will be a televised rape smh

Putting together a "competitive" team like Mavs try to do just pushes back the inevitable rebuild and turns you into team that struggles to makes the playoffs and gets destroyed when they do.

#395 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 983 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 08:32 PM

Putting together a "competitive" team like Mavs try to do just pushes back the inevitable rebuild and turns you into team that struggles to makes the playoffs and gets destroyed when they do.

That may be true all im saying is give your fans something to look forward to. If we gonna rebuild then I want to see them do it how Boston is doing now. Danny Ainge always makes sure they have a bunch of picks in the first round.

#396 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,358 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 03:09 AM

I'm a Kobe fan also. I want to see him get 6 so WHAT is IQ talking about?? I've been closely watching the NBA since Kareem came to LA and you?? And I'm not sure if you noticed but check out the Spurs. If we drafted or acquired 90 percent of their team before you knew who they were YOU'D be screaming bloody murder but they find a way to make it work. Their FO and coaches have been doing this with only 2 Super names you know. Tim and David. Everyone else was on the tail end of their career or nobodys until they worked under POP. I'm sure if you watch the NBA you'd know San Antonio has been the most successful team over the last 15/20 years, not us. No one is bailing out on LA but we have been patient and some weird things have happened. Maybe if more fans were like us. so many team wouldn't suck in the league

#397 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 983 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 09:25 AM

I'm a Kobe fan also. I want to see him get 6 so WHAT is IQ talking about?? I've been closely watching the NBA since Kareem came to LA and you?? And I'm not sure if you noticed but check out the Spurs. If we drafted or acquired 90 percent of their team before you knew who they were YOU'D be screaming bloody murder but they find a way to make it work. Their FO and coaches have been doing this with only 2 Super names you know. Tim and David. Everyone else was on the tail end of their career or nobodys until they worked under POP. I'm sure if you watch the NBA you'd know San Antonio has been the most successful team over the last 15/20 years, not us. No one is bailing out on LA but we have been patient and some weird things have happened. Maybe if more fans were like us. so many team wouldn't suck in the league

I agree 100 percent.

#398 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 977 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 14, 2014 - 09:37 AM

Should be moved to NBA talk. ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users