#1 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 907 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted December 21, 2013 - 02:24 PM

So I'm listening to the wrap up show after the game yesterday and A Martinez says it's obvious that we play better without Kobe and if he comes back this season he will need to adjust. He pointed out that all we ran when he was here was a two man game with Pau. People called in and said that is crazy Kobe is one of the greatest ever. PPeople also stated there more Kobe fans then Laker fans. I love Kobe but it is and has always been about the name on the front of the jersey.

I wanted to ask is about Kobes individual success or is it about doing what is best for the Lakers long term.

#2 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,614 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted December 21, 2013 - 02:28 PM

Lakers. But I'd like to see both; Kobe get his individual accolades and stats AND Lakers have success going forward. Obviously. But Lakers above all. Like the Roman empire lol

Edited by djcovi, December 21, 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#3 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,232 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 21, 2013 - 02:30 PM

So I'm listening to the wrap up show after the game yesterday and A Martinez says it's obvious that we play better without Kobe and if he comes back this season he will need to adjust. He pointed out that all we ran when he was here was a two man game with Pau. People called in and said that is crazy Kobe is one of the greatest ever. PPeople also stated there more Kobe fans then Laker fans. I love Kobe but it is and has always been about the name on the front of the jersey.

I wanted to ask is about Kobes individual success or is it about doing what is best for the Lakers long term.

If Pau Gasol continues his nice play, we only have Kobe to thank. He's the one who desperately tried to get Pau going and force fed him the ball. He lit a fire under Pau. I know it's sad for a person whose making 19mill this season, to have to be motivated by others... but it is what it is. He knows that we need Pau going for us to win anything. How far can we go remains a mystery.

Anyways, I become a Laker fan in the fourth grade. It was in the midst of the Kobe Assault case, and the rift between Shaq. I liked Shaq a lot more than Kobe back then, and I blamed Kobe for him leaving us. But then as I grew up I learned more and more about the Lakers histroy, and watched a lot of videos. I knew I was a Lakers fan when I started to cry after the Lakers lost to the Pistons in the finals. Lol. I also lost love for Kobe when requested a trade, and I wanted him out.

I didn't get to see Jordan play Basketball, but Kobe Bryant is close as it gets. He's an idol to me, and taught me winning is above everything, forget the haters, and do you - which is the Lakers mantra as well. The Lakers and Kobe Bryant were really meant for each other.

Edited by Jackson, December 21, 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#4 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 907 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted December 21, 2013 - 02:36 PM

Lakers. But I'd like to see both; Kobe get his individual accolades and stats AND Lakers have success going forward. Obviously. But Lakers above all. Like the Roman empire lol

Only record I want to see Kobe get is his sixth ring. I dont want to see him get the all time scoring record. We will not win a ring with him dominating the ball.

#5 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,471 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 21, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Lakers.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#6 LakersAllDay77

LakersAllDay77

Rookie

• 946 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fisher

Posted December 21, 2013 - 02:50 PM

Why not both? The lakers as currently constructed can get some regular season wins, but make no mistake about it, this team is not even close to a contender and to think that they are is ridiculous. Suffice it to say, this team is going nowhere of importance without Kobe and some other key pieces.

Edited by LakersAllDay77, December 21, 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#7 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted December 21, 2013 - 02:57 PM

Lakers and it's not even close. But obviously I want Kobe to do well and the Lakers will need him to come through down the stretch if they expect to win anything.

Posted Image

#8 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,190 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted December 21, 2013 - 02:59 PM

Lakers

But when you been with someone for 18 years...
You get attached

If Kobe was no longer on the lakers, they would still be my only team... But I would go out of my way to tune into whatever team Kobe was on

#9 LakersAllDay77

LakersAllDay77

Rookie

• 946 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fisher

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:07 PM

Lakers

But when you been with someone for 18 years...
You get attached

If Kobe was no longer on the lakers, they would still be my only team... But I would go out of my way to tune into whatever team Kobe was on

#10 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,000 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:18 PM

I was really bored one day and started watching basketball. One man greatly amazed me in what he was able to do and how he did it. That man was Kobe Bryant.

So I started watching basketball as a Kobe fan, but have learned to love the Lakers as a team. I'll always remain a Laker fan at heart after Kobe retires. Heck, I'm kind of getting a feel of how this team will look like without Kobe.

Either way, the day Kobe Bryant retires will be a very sad day not only for the Laker fan base but the NBA as a whole.

#11 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:24 PM

Both

Pau Gasol is GONE

#12 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,410 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:26 PM

Both. Why does it have to be one or the other?

#13 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:27 PM

Why does it have to be one or the other?

It doesn't. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#14 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,527 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:29 PM

lakers first

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#15 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,232 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:29 PM

#16 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:34 PM

I'm a Laker fan because of Magic so I understand the new Kobe fans.  Once Kobe retires, a lot of them will choose.  A lot of rationality will return to the Lakers Fan base.

#17 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,600 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:36 PM

BOTH!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#18 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:36 PM

Because they aren't the same thing.  Success for the Lakers is not always success for Kobe and vice versa.

The question isn't do you like both, it's which is more important...

Anyone who says Kobe deserves the contract he just received is CLEARLY and unapologetically a Kobe fan...

#19 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,682 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:39 PM

Neither. I'm a Mike D'Antoni fan.

#20 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,084 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:42 PM

Neither. I'm a Mike D'Antoni fan.

:laughing: