Lakers, Kendall Marshall Agree To Deal

• Please log in to reply
1249 replies to this topic

#1141 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,938 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 08:40 PM

We almost lost because of him. Late turnover in the clutch. No transition D in the last 5 minutes. And two missed freethrows that could have sealed the game.

And I still prefer him over Farmar.

#1142 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 446 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted March 09, 2014 - 08:43 PM

Personally, I'd take Farmar over Marshall any day of the week.

#1143 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 09, 2014 - 08:49 PM

Yeah lets ignore the long streaks of farmar playing like [expletive] too.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#1144 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,696 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 09, 2014 - 08:53 PM

Yeah lets ignore the long streaks of farmar playing like [expletive] too.

Yep.  While not setting up 20-30 points for his teammates.

Least we know if Marshall is having a terrible offensive game he'll still get us 10 assists which mean something still. 

Edited by Majesty, March 09, 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1145 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted March 10, 2014 - 09:40 AM

Yep. While not setting up 20-30 points for his teammates.

Least we know if Marshall is having a terrible offensive game he'll still get us 10 assists which mean something still.

He can have 45 assists for all I care. He still had a clutch turnover. Missed freethrows in the clutch and no defense

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#1146 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,696 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 03:06 PM

He can have 45 assists for all I care. He still had a clutch turnover. Missed freethrows in the clutch and no defense

45 assists = 90 - 135  points for our team.

Stop blindly hating the guy just cause you wronfully blame him for stuff that was Roy Williams choice.  It just makes you look bad. 

#1147 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,938 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 03:09 PM

Soo you just ignore Farmar's mindless chucking in the 4th quarter too? I think that's called selective memory...

#1148 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,190 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 10, 2014 - 03:10 PM

Is it safe to say, that a true PG looks to distribute and get his team involved versus shooting? Or am I thinking old NBA? Should todays PG do both, like a Rose, Rondo, Lillard and so forth?
Posted Image

#1149 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted March 10, 2014 - 03:25 PM

Is it safe to say, that a true PG looks to distribute and get his team involved versus shooting? Or am I thinking old NBA? Should todays PG do both, like a Rose, Rondo, Lillard and so forth?

Both really.. NBA changed the rules to make it easier to score at the 1 and 2 positions. Not saying that point guards need to drop 25+ every night. They just need to be able to knock down that open jumper at a higher clip. 

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#1150 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,696 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 03:34 PM

Yeah the kid is one of those pure point guards.   The kind of guy who offensively his numbers will go up and down but his assists will always be around 10 if he gets play time.   Anything he gives you offensively is a good bonus and he's obviously goping through a bad stretch shooting but he's still been able to make sure everyone got going. 

Yesterday the offense flowed best when he was on the court and everyone was getting involved and heating up than when Farmar was on and Farmar was at his best when he was actually playing off ball to Bazemore when Baze was handling the ball primarily.    That speaks volumes imo.    Let's not forget, Farmar tried to take Rambis advice and get his teammates involved but it just isn't who he is, he isn't as skilled a point guard as Marshall is and it showed when he tried to be.  he's a scorer through and through, toss him the ball and watch it go up, that's the kind of player he is and always has been.     Give him the ball and ask him to be a spark plug or ask him to score off ball and you'll get the best out of him.  Ask him to be a distributor or to get his guys involved without himself needing to 'get going' first.. and you'll get what you got yesterday when he tried. 

Farmar plays with a rhythm, he NEEDS to get going and then that's when everything flows, passing etc and when he'll get teammates involved.  But if he's out there cold and asked to distribute it's gonna look ugly.   Marshall can get his guys involved regardless of he's hot or cold cause he doesn't rely on his offense to get him going and that is what separates him from Farmar and why Marshall leads the team and why D'antoni was so skeptical about making Farmar a starter despite the Access Sportsnet crew claiming he was "ready".  

#1151 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted March 10, 2014 - 03:38 PM

I prefer a facilitating PG, doesn't have to be 'pure' or high assists. I just think offensive or score first PG's are overrated by today's NBA model.

#1152 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,417 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted March 10, 2014 - 03:42 PM

People over here critiquing Marshall as if we have other wonderful selections at PG.

You'd think the man was stealing minutes from Chris Paul and Rajon Rondo the way y'all talking about him.

God damn. :laughing:

Edited by Triple Ocho, March 10, 2014 - 03:42 PM.

EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#1153 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,696 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 03:44 PM

People over here critiquing Marshall as if we have other wonderful selections at PG.

You'd think the man was stealing minutes from Chris Paul and Rajon Rondo the way y'all talking about him.

God damn. :laughing:

Seriously!!!

When was the last time we had a point guard that was 2nd in the league in assists and people are out here acting like he stole their cookies at a bake sale  :smh:

Darius Morris got a near 50 page thread on his potential.   Marshall is 2nd in the league in assists in his second year where he basically gets the time he should have gotten as a rookie and people are acting like "Oh don't keep him! We got Farmar and Rondo incoming!"

let's not forget that when Bazemore and Marshall first got here Rondo and Marshall had a point guard duel which was extremely entertaining and had Marshall not sat the entire 4th quarter it would have been even more to see.    

But two games later Farmar drops 30 and suddenly he's ready to lead the team and Marshall doesn't exist?  Yeah... right... 

You'd rather keep Farmar his streaky shooting and his inability to be a facilitator on a consistent basis over Marshall who will net you about 10 every night and would be leading the league in assists if he'd been starting from the get go in his SECOND YEAR and first time he ever got significant playing time..  Right....     This is why some of ya'll aren't GMs! ;) 

Edited by Majesty, March 10, 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#1154 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,696 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 01:19 PM

• 40,395 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 12:39 AM

4e46d47584c04d1c8e263022d801aa38_bigger.Kendall Marshall ‏@KButter5  Mar 10

I hate Siri bruh.

yo.

#1156 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,071 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 12, 2014 - 03:52 AM

Seriously!!!

When was the last time we had a point guard that was 2nd in the league in assists and people are out here acting like he stole their cookies at a bake sale  :smh:

Darius Morris got a near 50 page thread on his potential.   Marshall is 2nd in the league in assists in his second year where he basically gets the time he should have gotten as a rookie and people are acting like "Oh don't keep him! We got Farmar and Rondo incoming!"

let's not forget that when Bazemore and Marshall first got here Rondo and Marshall had a point guard duel which was extremely entertaining and had Marshall not sat the entire 4th quarter it would have been even more to see.    

But two games later Farmar drops 30 and suddenly he's ready to lead the team and Marshall doesn't exist?  Yeah... right... 

You'd rather keep Farmar his streaky shooting and his inability to be a facilitator on a consistent basis over Marshall who will net you about 10 every night and would be leading the league in assists if he'd been starting from the get go in his SECOND YEAR and first time he ever got significant playing time..  Right....     This is why ALL of ya'll aren't GMs! ;) 

Fixed.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!)

#1157 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 12, 2014 - 12:42 PM

Where was this guy when Farmar was playing like ass? I mean he's not doing much better. Oh he got 20+ PTs one night. Big woop.

Edited by Ham, March 12, 2014 - 12:42 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#1158 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 12, 2014 - 12:59 PM

Farmar has had more moments than Marshall.

Blake too.

Marshall is great in the pick and roll but lacks a lot of experience.

And I like Marshall. But he is the worst defender on the Lakers, and it's so hard for him to get a shot off.

But I hate when people get polarized bc they root for one guy.

• 40,395 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 10:27 PM

QoVG1P6j_bigger.jpegKendall Marshall ‏@KButter5  23h
home.

QoVG1P6j_bigger.jpegKendall Marshall ‏@KButter5  1h
bruh..

QoVG1P6j_bigger.jpegKendall Marshall ‏@KButter5  35m
grocery shoppin went well tonight. sorta

proxy.jpg?t=HBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNv

yo.

• 40,395 posts

Posted March 20, 2014 - 04:06 AM

jethrowellington
20 hours ago
WCW @adrianneho.

jethrowellington
12 hours ago
gameday traffic selfie. season been a lil rough, but I still get do do what I love for a living. every reason to smile. preciate the fans hangin in there with us! sidenote: #SelfieGameImpeccable

QoVG1P6j_bigger.jpegKendall Marshall ‏@KButter5  Mar 18
Canibus had hardest verse on Fantastic 4. #TheProfessional

QoVG1P6j_bigger.jpegKendall Marshall ‏@KButter5  Mar 18
you gotta FEEL ya music.

QoVG1P6j_bigger.jpegKendall Marshall ‏@KButter5  Mar 16
old wayne doeee

QoVG1P6j_bigger.jpegKendall Marshall ‏@KButter5  Mar 16
Dope! preciate it --- RT @jashin_mizuho: @KButter5 I made this one for you!

Bi3dGykCIAAQenX.jpg

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users