yo.

#363 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,029 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 22, 2013 - 01:43 AM

Here's what I was able to gather from my trip to Oakland tonight.

1) Jordan Hill is really good. He kept them in the game the first half. Not sure why D'Antoni didn't play him a little more, he's really improved.

2) Nick Young doesn't know how to do anything but shoot. He doesn't look for anything else, all he did was shoot step back contested jumpshots all night long. I've watched games this year but tonight he really overdid it. But I didn't mind that much because quite frankly nobody on the team could drive to the basket.

3) Xavier Henry is not a pointguard and shouldn't be used as one. He couldn't even bring the ball up the court properly without turning it over 3x in a row (and no I'm not exaggerating). Decent offense otherwise though.

4) Kendall Marshall also cannot handle and looked pretty intimated out there. Has a lot of work to do.

5) Chris Kaman is godawful and I'm not sure what gave him the idea to shoot midrange jumpers. He needs to never shoot again and just rebound.

6) The Lakers really need to find a way to drive the ball. The Warriors were not playing well at all but the Lakers really were not running an offense. They had some ok PnR sets but those led to turnovers most of the time.

7) Meanwhile the Warriors would massacre them on offense by literally just letting Curry curl off one pick from Bogut. It was pathetic. Even if they missed a lot of the open shots they got great looks. Nobody really seemed to be trying (or coaching) defense for that matter. Rambis wasn't doing jack (and yes I could see). 

TL;DR. The Lakers need to stop turning the ball over and find a way to create openings to get the ball in the paint, because they're having a tough time scoring points. Their defense sucks as was expected. Henry and Hill (Johnson too) are good young players while Kaman and Marshall should just bench themselves. 

#364 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,305 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 22, 2013 - 09:51 AM

TL;DR. The Lakers need to stop turning the ball over and find a way to create openings to get the ball in the paint, because they're having a tough time scoring points. 

I don't think that will happen until we get our point guards back or if Kendall Marshall gets practice time and drastically improves.

• 40,385 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 01:03 PM

5) Chris Kaman is godawful and I'm not sure what gave him the idea to shoot midrange jumpers. He needs to never shoot again and just rebound.

He's not awful. He's averaged 12 points, 8 rebounds, and a block on 50% shooting over his career. Even made an all-star team at least once.

You're not sure what gave him the idea to shoot midrange jumpers? Then you obviously haven't followed his game much throughout his career. That's been arguably his most consistent money shot. In fact, many even around here, feel better generally about him taking & making that shot than even Pau.

He just had a horrible shooting night yesterday & he's clearly a little rusty still having hardly any rhythm with the lack of any consistent playing time at all from MDA. As he gets more playing time (if he does), he will shake off more of that rust as well as work himself into better playing basketball shape & once again probably make a lot more of those same shots he was missing last night that he generally has made throughout his career.

At the least though, the effort was certainly there. 17 rebounds in 28 minutes & 3 blocks or so. That's not too bad. He's a slightly better defender than Pau, especially at the rim (contests more), probably a tad better rebounder, and definitely has the better midrange shot (just wasn't making it last night, it happens).

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users