#2 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,723 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 16, 2013 - 08:36 PM

Better freaking win this. Kobe has to ball out.

#3 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 4,660 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 16, 2013 - 09:04 PM

Even though Grizz have been on a losing streak, it'll still be tough for the Lakers to win. Heck, I'll be surprised if they do. 

However, Pau has numerously and recently stated how a return to Memphis would be "appealing." He'll want Memphis to pursue him during the offseason, so I would expect Pau would go all out. 

I really hope Kobe can find confidence in his shot back. He shows flashes but then resorts back to overpassing to Gasol and turning the ball over too much. We need the Mamba back.

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,492 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 16, 2013 - 09:08 PM

Pau will be eviscerated by Randolph and any other center they throw in. 

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#5 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 15,502 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 12:49 PM

Per Grizzlies PR, Mike Conley (thigh bruise) did not participate in shootaround and is out tonight against the Lakers.

No Conley or Gasol..

Edited by abui91, December 17, 2013 - 12:49 PM.

85146fdf-2f3a-45b0-8e85-9715e75efc22_zps

#6 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,690 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 17, 2013 - 01:13 PM

Disgusting loss. Every time the Lakers' opponent has key injured players, we tend to relax and come out flat. This story will be repeated tonight. They are terrible indeed, but we are also extremely shorthanded. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#7 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted December 17, 2013 - 01:25 PM

Grizzlies defense may actually be worse than ours right now, unless Allen is back?

#8 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,524 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 17, 2013 - 01:36 PM

this is gonna be another loss

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,492 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 02:09 PM

We could win this game... it's possible.  The problem is that it doesn't come down to it.  The sad reality is we could have won every game except the OKC one if Kobe wasn't so locked in on feeding Gasol for one, two if he realized there were wing players that actually have done well for us. 

The best we looked was when Kobe was off ball and Blake was handling it primarily that was when Kobe got his best shots and our scoring was it's most balanced.  But then Blake is out with injury and we've been struggling. 

It's not that Kobe CAN'T play a point guard type role.  He can.  But all his focus seems to be on recreating the magic between him and Gasol.   I understand that a lot of it has to do with his unfamiliarity with some of these other players but that's no excuse to out and out NOT SEE them around the perimeter moving to get open and you force the ball to Gasol for no apparent reason only to get it tossed back to you at the end of the shotclock.

Kobe is still treating Pau as if he's a viable second option.  He's not. 

That is why when we're in a slump or momentum seems to be going the other way even if that momentum slump is caused by Gasol. Kobe will constantly go back to him even when it's not effective.   Gasol had 6 points and 1 rebound over the final 3 quarters last night yet Kobe kept going to him even after momentum shifted, and usually got the ball back at the end of the shotclock or he would try to save it.  

Meanwhile Nick Young who was having the game of his life touched the ball maybe once in the 4th quarter from Kobe to a three and then never touched it again. 

Kobe has 'tunnel' vision for saving Gasol's career and trying to re-create what they had in 08-09 but that Gasol no longer exists and sadly I think Kobe is in denial about that fact. 

What Kobe needs to do is forget about Gasol and start looking for guys like Hill, like Young, like Meeks, like Johnson that was the main reason this team was even above .500 while Kobe was gone instead of constantly trying to involve the guy that we had to TREAT as a non factor so our wings could get going while Kobe was out and leave Gasol to save himself instead of Kobe doing it for him. 

If Kobe keeps his tunnel vision, Memphis is going to win. 

We're still going to miss Farmar this game because of Memphis' defense and our bench's overall inconsistency without a point guard. 

If Kobe is to play point guard with our starting lineup actually PLAY point guard and stop playing buddy ball with Gasol just so you can get him 10 points in a quarter while no one else is able to find any offense or rhythm till the bench comes in.   That needs to stop.  

And if Gasol needs to be traded so Kobe can put his focus and efforts where they SHOULD be then so be it.   Because right now he's a distraction.  

It doesn't help when Gasol puts pressure on his own teammates to help him stay here...

Gasol believes he and the team need more to improve his odds of staying through the season.

“Trying to get wins,” he said Monday night, “so things don’t get messy.”

Edited by Majesty, December 17, 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#10 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 02:54 PM

^Majesty, excellent post.  I wholeheartedly agree with you.

#11 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Ugh.

• 7,918 posts
  • Name:Hello, My Baby!
  • Fan Since:Hello, My Darlin'!
  • Fav. Laker:Hello, My Ragtime Gal!

Posted December 17, 2013 - 02:56 PM

Off topic: are there grizzly bears in Memphis?

Trade for Austin Rivers, say, Hill & Johnson. 

#12 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 03:20 PM

Off topic: are there grizzly bears in Memphis?

Yes, they and they have all birthed Zebo's children.

#13 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,723 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 04:02 PM

HAHAHAHA did anyone just see Luke Walton's face when his mic wasn't working?

#14 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 4,660 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 04:14 PM

I do agree that Kobe has favored Gasol more, but he also knows Pau's spots and they actually successfully ran a fastbreak last game. 

The truth is, Kobe isn't physically into form and isn't close to the playmaker he's been in the past. It starts with Kobe having difficulty bringing the ball past halfcourt. Next, he usually posts up near the elbow. Now almost half the shot clock has passed already. Then Kobe will pass it to Meeks, Wes, or whoever for a three. Some are open, some are contested. Both players have been struggling, so Kobe doesn't feel inclined to look for them.

Let's rewind back to the part where Kobe's posting up near the elbow. Now the opposing team's defense is guarding our guards/wings quite well. Kobe will underestimate that and pass it to our guards/wings and it'll result in a steal. So next play Kobe will do the same thing but instead pass it to Gasol. There's less a chance a big will intercept a pass than a quick, athletic guard/wing. 

Ultimately it comes down to the lackluster combination of Kobe's form and playmaking. Steve Blake was able to run all around the court finding each player's sweet spots. Kobe's having a bit of difficulty with his ball handling, getting his legs back, his overall court vision. It is imperative we get our point guards back because the only way we win is if our offense is rolling.

Edited by Clutch Factor, December 17, 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#15 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 1,987 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted December 17, 2013 - 04:18 PM

Let's fight for a win
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#16 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,492 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 04:25 PM

I do agree that Kobe has favored Gasol more, but he also knows Pau's spots and they actually successfully ran a fastbreak last game. 

The truth is, Kobe isn't physically into form and isn't close to the playmaker he's been in the past. It starts with Kobe having difficulty bringing the ball past halfcourt. Next, he usually posts up near the elbow. Now almost half the shot clock has passed already. Then Kobe will pass it to Meeks, Wes, or whoever for a three. Some are open, some are contested. Both players have been struggling, so Kobe doesn't feel inclined to look for them.

Let's rewind back to the part where Kobe's posting up near the elbow. Now the opposing team's defense is guarding our guards/wings quite well. Kobe will underestimate that and pass it to our guards/wings and it'll result in a steal. So next play Kobe will do the same thing but instead pass it to Gasol. There's less a chance a big will intercept a pass than a quick, athletic guard/wing. 

Ultimately it comes down to the lackluster combination of Kobe's form and playmaking. Steve Blake was able to run all around the court finding each player's sweet spots. Kobe's having a bit of difficulty with his ball handling, getting his legs back, his overall court vision. It is imperative we get our point guards back because the only way we win is if our offense is rolling.

Yes we are severely missing Blake's dribble probing which is what made the defense always collapse even if Blake rarely looked to finish inside.  

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,492 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 04:27 PM

D'antoni talks about how the Lakers CAN'T afford to come out flat and non aggressive and how the injury to Conley is no excuse to slack off defensively. 

Summary: 

Mike D'antoni: They still have Bayless.  Bayless could go off and have a good game and Conley could have played and had a bad game so it doesn't matter.   They are professionals, we need to get back to defending, the ball has to move and we can't afford to be caught on one side of the floor.

#18 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 4,660 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yes we are severely missing Blake's dribble probing which is what made the defense always collapse even if Blake rarely looked to finish inside.  

LOL I know. Sometimes it's funny how he's just probing in circles but it actually works. 

#19 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,364 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted December 17, 2013 - 04:45 PM

will kobe have more pts or to's, hahahahahahaha

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#20 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,723 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 04:47 PM

Walton said he thinks Kobe is gonna come out the gate trying to score 40.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users