#521 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 16, 2013 - 08:49 PM

Do you guys listen to max and Marcellus? Max is hilarious. He jokes about dantoni but he also jokes about how the day after the new CBA came out that the lakers immediately beat it with the co3 trade and then the owners realized that no matter what they put in front of the lakers they'll find a way around it, so the owners just have up and basically how stern illegitimately veto the trade for no reason at all. Oh yeah I forgot "basketball reasons"

#522 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,515 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 16, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Didn't you just tell me I shouldn't listen to ESPN idiots but you are talking about Max and Marcellus?  The Lakers didn't find a way around the CBA, they simply made a legit trade but the NBA had the controlling interest in NOH at the time so they vetoed the trade.  Phluck Stern for doing it but it made sense.  The trade sucked and put every team in a worse position outside of the Lakers. 
I hate it as much as anyone though, but tough [expletive] life goes on.

Do you guys listen to max and Marcellus? Max is hilarious. He jokes about dantoni but he also jokes about how the day after the new CBA came out that the lakers immediately beat it with the co3 trade and then the owners realized that no matter what they put in front of the lakers they'll find a way around it, so the owners just have up and basically how stern illegitimately veto the trade for no reason at all. Oh yeah I forgot "basketball reasons"

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#523 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 725 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 16, 2013 - 08:57 PM

Pau sucks. MDA really sucks. We won't improve till both are gone.

#524 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted December 16, 2013 - 09:03 PM

No shame in losing to the third best team in the east.

#525 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 09:03 PM

I like most of the guys on espnLA. I'm saying that cowherd guy just says [expletive] out of his ass. He doesn't watch melo.

#526 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,515 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 16, 2013 - 09:16 PM

Apparently neither do you

I like most of the guys on espnLA. I'm saying that cowherd guy just says [expletive] out of his ass. He doesn't watch melo.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#527 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 09:23 PM

Apparently neither do you

Ok

#528 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,142 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 16, 2013 - 10:07 PM

Would I like Melo? Sure.  

But from what has been said behind the scenes, the front office isn't sold on Melo.  Essentially giving Melo the max, it would be Kobe/Melo plus a bunch of pieces like we have this year. Not sure what that really does. 

I honestly think that they'd offer Melo less than the max to sign here and if he didn't take that they'd be re-signing guys. 

Nash is likely going to retire sadly which cuts 9 million from us, so we can use that free space to re-sign our guys 

Johnson, Henry, Hill, Farmar 

Those are the guys we'll go after to re-sign while hoping Young opts in.   

Once that's done we'll be offering Melo a little under the max, and if he doesn't take that we likely either bring in people like Deng and we save up and head into 2015.  The Lakers want to head into 2015 with at least all their depth on 2 year deals imo so they can add a piece to that. 

If we're looking at trade pieces 

Gasol, Kaman, Williams, Meeks it's a question on who we can get for those 4.  

Someone told me the Lakers still have interest in Kevin Love especially with the Wolves faltering right now but who knows. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,556 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 01:54 AM

Someone told me the Lakers still have interest in Kevin Love especially with the Wolves faltering right now but who knows. 

Who is this "someone"? Please, reveal your source.

yo.

#530 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 17, 2013 - 03:40 AM

OMG, I left the game at halftime 52-47 and then in 24 minutes we gave up 67 points... WTF happened?

Edited by Nak, December 17, 2013 - 03:40 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#531 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,594 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted December 17, 2013 - 04:02 AM

I thought the 92/93 season may have been the worst I've seen since 1982, but this season is quickly developing into a contender for worst Laker season I've been around in 30+ years.

This may end up being the case for sure...with a team that misses playoffs like once every 15 years on average or so.

But for most fans...its not a high cost, just frustrating. For 200 bucks you can watch all 82 games on league pass, I'm not in cali. I'd still rather watch Lakers than go to a movie or watch just about anything else on tv...but if it gets much worse...

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (looks pretty good so far), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#532 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted December 17, 2013 - 04:52 AM

And yet everyone else but him seems to get it and is playing well.

Everyone else seems "prepared" but Gasol. 

That is the main problem Lake.   It's not like EVERYONE is struggling and Gasol is the whipping boy.

Everyone else is playing at the highest level of their careers EXCEPT Gasol.  So they obviously get it and can produce, he seems to be the only one that can't.  Again he's the 2nd worst player on the team.  That can't be ignored.  If a coach gets 14 of 15 players to play at a high level and the 15th guy is sucking, then it's the 15th guy at that point. 

Everyone is "playing well" and "at the highest level"?  We are one of the worst defensive teams in the league.  Outside of 2 or 3 guys no one on this roster hardly pretends to play defense.

Debbie Downer

#533 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted December 17, 2013 - 07:24 AM

Another perspective from last night.  I realize that Gasol is the resident whipping boy around here, but let's look a the numbers from last night:

1.  Gasol  16 pts/ 10 rebounds in 32 minutes on 7/9 shooting with zero defensive effort.  Is that not a Dantoni-esque big man line?

2.  Meeks  2 pts in 25 minutes on 1/8 shooting, matador defense mostly.  Oops.

3.  Young  23 pts in 33 minutes, 5/7 on 3's, zero defense.  Dantoni kinda guy and game.

4.  Bryant  8 ps in 32 minutes on 4/14 shooting, 0/5 from 3, with 5 turnovers.  Shaky defense.  Oops.

I am NOT defending Gasol overall and hope a trade happens soon.  But, looking at this one game and where the vitriol in this thread is primarily directed, I dont see Gasol as the main issue last night or even the issue in this game.  He was moderately productive on offense, and played no defense.  Seems to me he did ok, by Dantoni standards.

Debbie Downer

#534 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,014 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 17, 2013 - 09:57 AM

Another perspective from last night.  I realize that Gasol is the resident whipping boy around here, but let's look a the numbers from last night:

1.  Gasol  16 pts/ 10 rebounds in 32 minutes on 7/9 shooting with zero defensive effort.  Is that not a Dantoni-esque big man line?

2.  Meeks  2 pts in 25 minutes on 1/8 shooting, matador defense mostly.  Oops.

3.  Young  23 pts in 33 minutes, 5/7 on 3's, zero defense.  Dantoni kinda guy and game.

4.  Bryant  8 ps in 32 minutes on 4/14 shooting, 0/5 from 3, with 5 turnovers.  Shaky defense.  Oops.

I am NOT defending Gasol overall and hope a trade happens soon.  But, looking at this one game and where the vitriol in this thread is primarily directed, I dont see Gasol as the main issue last night or even the issue in this game.  He was moderately productive on offense, and played no defense.  Seems to me he did ok, by Dantoni standards.

Young has actually been playing some good defense.

I wish Gasol would reveal his full arsenal of offensive moves in the post. Aside from one hook shot in the second half, most of those points were off offensive putbacks (surprising), Kobe passes, or midrange jumpers. The worst stat was that he only rebounded the ball once in the second half.

But this loss isn't on Gasol.

Meeks obviously is in a shooting slump. Kobe is still getting back into form and is having trouble playing PG as well as finding his own shot. Our bench is struggling without a proper PG to orchestrate the offense.

In summary, the Lakers are just a big mess right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users