Photo

Jay-Z: Nas and Eminem Are My Only Competition

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,580 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted December 15, 2013 - 09:42 AM

jay-z.jpg

Although The Game seems to be constantly dissing him, Jay-Z has yet to respond. In a new interview, he explained why he hasn’t fired back at people like Game and Jim Jones, saying he doesn’t consider them real competition. Besides explaining why Game and Jimmy aren’t competitive, Jigga explains that artists like Nas and Eminem are his only real competition.

“Not really that competitive, because the competition isn’t based on real competition,” Jay says in the October issue of XXL Magazine. “I mean, Game, I’m his [expletive]in’ idol. If you ask him and he’s being truthfully honest with you it’s just based off his insecurities and, for the most part, pretension. That type of competition doesn’t do anything for me. It’s almost like someone trying to set you up, and everyone knows they’re to set you up, and everybody. It’s just dumb. It’s not in the spirit of competition, because he’s not competition for me. He’s not. Not then, not ever — he’d have to improve considerably. Competition for me competition is Nas, Eminem. Like Jim Jones?

That’s ridiculous to me. So how do I respond to that? I can’t win. If I win, then they’ll be like, ‘See. Now chill. You’re a [expletive]in’ bully.’ And if it manages to throw a haymaker from the West Coast, then it’s like ‘Oooooh.’ It’s not even fun. Like, before I did it, because I would diss anybody. Now who has time to do this [expletive] everyday? But before, when I was running after the little fat [expletive] from Ma$e‘s camp, I was doing anybody.

Anybody said anything. If I thought you said something. When I was running in the streets, I wanted all that type of activity. Nobody wanted nothing. Now everybody’s a tough guy.”

http://www.streethop...ly-competition/

#2 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,855 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 15, 2013 - 10:36 AM

Very old

#3 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,549 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted December 15, 2013 - 11:11 AM

lol you can't mess with jay unless your nas or em.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#4 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted December 15, 2013 - 02:10 PM

Dre still is in the background.  Someday when he actually has his album drop, I am curious to see the reaction.

#5 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 389 posts
  • Name:Besnik
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 15, 2013 - 02:32 PM

lol you can't mess with jay unless your nas or em.

or the one on your avatar 

#6 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,549 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 02:46 PM

or the one on your avatar 

nah... kendrick's an amazing rapper probably the best rapper at the moment but there is nothing he can do to hurt jay z in anyway.

#7 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,141 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted December 15, 2013 - 02:47 PM

Tired of jay Z now... Starting to seem like an ass

#8 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 15, 2013 - 02:47 PM

Jay Z should learn how to rap for 1nce

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#9 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 389 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 04:51 PM

nah... kendrick's an amazing rapper probably the best rapper at the moment but there is nothing he can do to hurt jay z in anyway.

jay is too overrated, kendrick can spit that hot fiyah. 

#10 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 15, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Jay is in a class of his own, em or nas cant touch him. Bigger nas fan here, but over the years he hasnt been the same. Jay has been the king mc the last 16 years no one is even close to that.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#11 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 389 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 06:10 PM

Jay is in a class of his own, em or nas cant touch him. Bigger nas fan here, but over the years he hasnt been the same. Jay has been the king mc the last 16 years no one is even close to that.

jay has been trash for years man, nas can still have the occasional good song, jay is garbage 

#12 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,549 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 07:00 PM

You are only saying Jay is garbage because he switched his style to mainstream for money. What Jay Z has done over his career is legendary. And no one can take that from him.

#13 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 08:30 PM

jay has been trash for years man, nas can still have the occasional good song, jay is garbage 

Care to explain why you think he is garbage?

#14 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,005 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted December 15, 2013 - 09:40 PM

Jay z is trash it's my opinion.

Edited by The Hound, December 15, 2013 - 11:05 PM.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#15 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,241 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 15, 2013 - 10:21 PM

Jay Z hasn't been good in years. He's a damn good business man but if we're talking RIGHT NOW, he's far from untouchable.

#16 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 10:26 PM

Funny how you guys say Jay is garbage and hasnt been anything for years. What MC do you think is better then? Because who ever you name would say that Jay is at the top of the game and that is who they are chasing. No matter who you think spits hot stuff, Hov has been doing that for 16 years. That is unheard of and no one in the rap game can say that, no one.

#17 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 389 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 10:06 AM

Funny how you guys say Jay is garbage and hasnt been anything for years. What MC do you think is better then? Because who ever you name would say that Jay is at the top of the game and that is who they are chasing. No matter who you think spits hot stuff, Hov has been doing that for 16 years. That is unheard of and no one in the rap game can say that, no one.

cmon, his latest album was absolute trash, his only good songs were featuring with other pop names. 

Em is doing it for 10 or so years and still is at a higher level than him.

Kendrick would kill him, some of the new cats would straight up ether him 

#18 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,994 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted December 16, 2013 - 10:35 AM

Tired of jay Z now... Starting to seem like an ass

Making hits does not equate to being a quality rapper, as today's rap scene suggests. Jay is nothing more than an average rapper who has a God complex ala Kanye.

#19 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,549 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 10:45 AM

lol kendrick respects hov. he got hov feature [expletive] was like "i made it." sit down... hov is a legend. sure he went mainstream but who gives a [expletive]. nas can't rap like he used to? does that not make him a legend? he didn't go mainstream cause he doesn't care about the money. does that take away all his accomplishments? eminem went mainstream? does that not make him a legend too? wtf is wrong with you youngin's.

kendrick would never disrespect jay z. he could, and he could do it well, but nothing he would do would be able to touch jay z unless in 16 years he is on top of the game like hov was. hov set the blueprint for all this kids. all these kids WANT to be hov. you don't diss the greats. please excuse your stupid opinions. 

#20 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,194 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted December 16, 2013 - 10:51 AM

The thing with the Rap Industry now though is if you don't give guys like Jay props and respect you won't make it anywhere strictly by a business sense. A lot of MC's say he's their favorite when the camera is on but I wouldn't be surprised if off camera it's a different story.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users