#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,120 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 16, 2013 - 03:14 PM

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Are you being sarcastic? I said that MDA knows how to get production out of players, not that he didn't. You're trying to find a disagreement where there isn't, since you just said the exact same thing. And I would hardly call 6.1 PPG and 3.2 RPG on 42% shooting borderline all-star, but again, I'm not sure if you're joking around or trying to disagree with me.

Your first conclusion is the correct one :) 

Edited by Majesty, December 16, 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#42 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 16, 2013 - 03:18 PM

Your first conclusion is the correct one :)

Haha okay man. :)

#43 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,874 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 27, 2014 - 10:52 AM

Now with Xavier recovering from wrist and knee surgery, i think Wes will start the season stronger

#44 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,772 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted July 27, 2014 - 12:03 PM

I think both these guys will benefit tremendously from playing night in and night out with Kobe.  I am excited to see the results

#45 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,209 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 27, 2014 - 06:04 PM

I think both these guys will benefit tremendously from playing night in and night out with Kobe.

Lol I hear that about every single player.

#46 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,445 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted July 27, 2014 - 07:10 PM

If Wes could have X's mindet/attitude he would be a hell of a player. Wes is a good defender and good rebounder at his position. He has the ability to score, but doesn't utilize it. He has a smooth jumper, it just doesn't go in. That's a confidence thing to me. I don't know if it was the pressure from being the #4 overall pick in the draft (which was higher than he should've gone), being traded from Minny, or struggling as a rookie, but his confidence got shook and he has never recovered. He has Ariza type potential, 12-14ppg/6-7rpg with a steal and a block and overall good defense, while being a threat from the 3pt line. I'm really hoping he can find himself and turn into the player he has the potential to be.

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#47 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,773 posts

Posted July 27, 2014 - 07:21 PM

I like Henry more ..  And i think he'll start over Wesley ... Just because he'll take more pressure off Kobe ..

And you can utilize Wes better with Young .. 

#48 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted July 27, 2014 - 10:46 PM

I like Henry more ..  And i think he'll start over Wesley ... Just because he'll take more pressure off Kobe ..

And you can utilize Wes better with Young .. 

exactly. Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka needed more help offensively in the playoffs. um, so i think Kobe,Lin,Boozer will too. if X buys into a defensive role, i think he can be good at it ; and also be a 2way player which we'll need.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#49 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 29, 2014 - 11:41 AM

If Wes had X's heart, X wouldn't be on the roster. If X had Wes' body he wouldn't be on our team, he'd be making 10 mil somewhere

#50 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,120 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 29, 2014 - 11:58 AM

Well Kobe has been working with both Nick Young and Wesley Johnson over the summer off the court, working with them and mentoring them so we'll see. 

The thing is we know what Wes's game is, the only thing he can and should do now is get better at it.  He's a slasher, defender who can occasionally hit 3s.  I think if he focuses on slashing and finishing aggressively as well as his defensive IQ he'll do much much better.

Xs concern is just becoming a better well rounded and more patient player, know when to explode and when not to.   He's got a lot of talent, he just needs to mature it, and he's only 22 so he's got time for his game to mature.  Wes's game is already who he is so he's just got to learn to try to be the best at it that he can. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users