#1 TheNovaKing

TheNovaKing

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Name:Nathan
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Kobe

Posted December 14, 2013 - 03:33 AM

Hey guys, I have just got into basketball and the NBA. After a lot of thought and consideration I have chosen the Lakers as the team I support, I just feel connected to the whole franchise and the legacy of the Lakers.I follow each game, not matter if they win or lose and watch a game whenever it's on TV. I understand that the Lakers aren't going to be in the championship mix for awhile, but I don't mind waiting until we are back on top. This is my first post on the forums and I was thinking that my first post would be why do you support the Lakers. I'm very interested to hear your guys reasons on why the Lakers are your team!

#2 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 14, 2013 - 03:39 AM

It's the team I grew up watching and fell in love with. Annnnnnnnnnnd seeing a guy like Kobe grow up in the league and dominating was just so mesmerizing. When I was younger, I thought averaging 20+ points wasn't such a big deal because Kobe did it almost every night. Really spoiled me in my early years. 

#3 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,080 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 03:40 AM

Sigh.

#4 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,381 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 03:52 AM

Since Devin Ebanks, but since the Lakers abandoned him... now, I'm not too sure about the future of this franchise.

MMiRi9s.png

#5 lildvl10

lildvl10

Rookie

• 736 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted December 14, 2013 - 05:40 AM

- because i love everything about the lakers- good times and bad/sad time, up and down my support for them will be the same. and also it doesnt matter if youre a bandwagon fan or a true loyal fan, i will support anyone who supports the team.

#6 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,668 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 14, 2013 - 07:26 AM

Jerry West, Magic, Kobe, Fisher, Rambis, Dr. Buss, Jack Kent Cook, Jeanie, Jim, Phil, Riles, and they are in LA

also

#7 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,069 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 14, 2013 - 07:46 AM

Jamal Silk Wilkes to be honest, then I saw Magic, met Magic... He signed my Magic Moments magazine with him on the cover. Just been a fan since the early 80's. Been down like four bipolar sumo wrestlers in a Caddy since then
Posted Image

#8 LakersAllDay77

LakersAllDay77

Rookie

• 723 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fisher

Posted December 14, 2013 - 08:48 AM

Grew up watchin Kobe and loved his game, footwork, intensity etc...

#9 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,226 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted December 14, 2013 - 09:56 AM

Welcome to the forum.

As for your question, LA is my hometown and my first experience with NBA basketball was watching the Lakers win championships. I remember being in school in June and it would be the last couple days of school when there was nothing to do, so my teachers would put on the Lakers championship parades, lol. Lakers were just everywhere, it was part of the culture. LA is definitely a basketball town.

Posted Image

#10 Amatayo

Amatayo

Rookie

• 88 posts
  • Name:Amatayo
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Goudelock

Posted December 14, 2013 - 11:01 AM

For the most part people support the team of their home town, since they go out and represent that home town you want to make sure they do a good job and have a ton of support. I'm born and raised in Cali Los Angeles to be exact so it's lakers, dodgers, kings :/ sparks

#11 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,836 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted December 14, 2013 - 11:41 AM

Since Devin Ebanks, but since the Lakers abandoned him... now, I'm not too sure about the future of this franchise.

Lakers didn't abandon Devin E&Jbanks

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#12 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 575 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 14, 2013 - 11:54 AM

I would be lying to you if I said anything besides Kobe Bryant. He is the reason I even watch basketball. I don't live in LA, so their not my undisputed favorite team by a landslide. But I've been cheering for them since I was 5, and I'm 21 now. So I'm not sure what that make me as far a naming goes. I will more than likely still be a Lakers fan after Kobe retires, but I'm not sure how much of a fan I will be.

#13 TheNovaKing

TheNovaKing

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Name:Nathan
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Kobe

Posted December 14, 2013 - 12:06 PM

These are great reasons to why we support the Lakers. I can remember my first game I watched as a laker fan was against the Oklahoma City Thunder last season. Then over the summer I watched afew championship seasons such as the three peat in the 2000s and the 2009 and 2010 championship. There's something magic about the lakers for me, and even though we aren't in the championship mix at the moment I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the future, but one things for sure, the Lakers have a great fanbase!

#14 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,379 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted December 14, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Kobe Bryant.

He's the guy I grew up watching in the NBA and he was and always will be my guy. But of course I'll always like the Lakers, but he is the one that initially brought me to love this team

Edited by 24allday, December 14, 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#15 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,668 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 14, 2013 - 02:38 PM

For all u saying Kobe,
Since his legacy not only includes 5 titles
But being the best guard at scoring all time
81 points
All Defensive teams

Can't u simply enjoy his last years despite the W-L record?

#16 McRevis

McRevis

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted December 14, 2013 - 02:57 PM

Dad is a huge Lakers fan and lived in LA when he was a kid. My middle name was gonna be Magic but my mom said no lol.

#17 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,096 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 14, 2013 - 03:16 PM

yall can hate on devon all u want but if Coach Pringles gave him meaningful mins instead of MwP his last yr on the team they would have been much better off. 

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#18 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 14, 2013 - 04:02 PM

Started watching when i was young because of my brother and then just got attached... Kobe was great to watch develop
Laker fan for life.

#19 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,381 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 04:07 PM

yall can hate on devon all u want but if Coach Pringles gave him meaningful mins instead of MwP his last yr on the team they would have been much better off. 

Absolutely. Much rather have preferred Ebanks over Artest, by a long shot. I appreciate Artest as much as the next guy, but he surely lost several steps in his defense. 

MMiRi9s.png

#20 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,455 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted December 14, 2013 - 04:17 PM

Absolutely. Much rather have preferred Ebanks over Artest, by a long shot. I appreciate Artest as much as the next guy, but he surely lost several steps in his defense. 

No way Ebanks could play over the player with the best shape ever....

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users