Photo

New details emerge on Nets’ Jason Kidd-Lawrence Frank rift, highlighted by expletive-laden Kidd rant

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

• 40,431 posts

Posted December 11, 2013 - 02:13 AM

New details emerge on Nets’ Jason Kidd-Lawrence Frank rift, highlighted by expletive-laden Kidd rant

As has been previously reported, and as noted by Aldridge, the confrontation stemmed from steadily mounting discomfort at Frank's vocal role on the bench:

Kidd brought Frank in to run the defense, draw up plays, be the coaches' voice at practice. And then, Frank did that. And Kidd was taken aback.

Frog, meet scorpion.

"The assistant's job is to stand up and call coverages," an NBA coaching source said last week. "Every time the offense comes down and calls a play, my defensive coach stands up and yells 'four down!' or 'get to the side.' Jason didn't like it. He thought Lawrence was coaching the team."

That apparently rubbed the first-year head coach — who had previously chosen assistant Joe Prunty, not former head coach Frank, to lead the Nets when Kidd missed the season's first two games while he served a two-game DWI suspension — the wrong way:

Kidd tried, gradually at first, to start putting his own imprint on the team. He would be, a member of the organization said last week, direct and honest with players in film sessions, going over things one-on-one with players -- "that's a bad shot, and here's why. That's losing basketball, and here's why," the source said. He tried to point out that he did know a couple of things about defense based on his career as a player (whether he specifically mentioned his four first-team all-NBA defensive team selections is unknown), and that he had ideas that were different from Frank's.

But Frank "wouldn't stop talking," the second coaching source countered. [...]

The denouement came in the now well-reported blowup Kidd had with Frank, where Kidd, according to a source, told Frank: "Sit the (bleep) down! I'm the coach of this (13-letter word) team! When you're on the bench, don't (bleeping) move!"

kidd-frank.jpg

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#2 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,904 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 11, 2013 - 07:38 AM

Kidd is sounding like a real douche.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#3 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 815 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 11, 2013 - 10:37 AM

wow
u think kidd had something he's holding on to from when he was under frank during his nets years

#4 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,827 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 12, 2013 - 01:49 PM

Kidd

Living up to the name

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,827 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 12, 2013 - 01:49 PM

Kidd

Living up to the name

#6 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,589 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2013 - 04:33 PM

Kidd

Living up to the name
iyjywo.jpg

#7 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2013 - 04:48 PM

Kidd

Living up to the name

#8 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,329 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted December 13, 2013 - 11:22 AM

Didnt he also beat his ex in front of his then young son...and DWI...and...and...Douche

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

• 40,431 posts

Posted December 13, 2013 - 04:19 PM

^ He certainly doesn't have a great track record. Either way, he's developed a lot of great relationships with a lot of people & players around the league apparently so he may get some favorable treatment.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users