• 2,161 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted December 09, 2013 - 07:40 AM

Takeaways

Nice to see kobe board.

His turnovers killed me.

Lakers have some nice pieces.

When do we get on Rambis's a$$ for our lousy interior defense?

Tough road ahead after phx--4 in 5 nights.

Hopefully we stay around 500 thru dec and in jan things start to gel with everyone healthy.

If kobe can't ever attain elite player level again it will break my heart watching that...and i've seen a lot of ball and a lot of players decline...this would be the saddest.

Keep fighting Kobe...I'm still on the fence watching this 3 point happy team style with no defense

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#942 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted December 09, 2013 - 08:34 AM

Takeaways

Nice to see kobe board.

His turnovers killed me.

Lakers have some nice pieces.

When do we get on Rambis's a$$ for our lousy interior defense?

Tough road ahead after phx--4 in 5 nights.

Hopefully we stay around 500 thru dec and in jan things start to gel with everyone healthy.

If kobe can't ever attain elite player level again it will break my heart watching that...and i've seen a lot of ball and a lot of players decline...this would be the saddest.

Keep fighting Kobe...I'm still on the fence watching this 3 point happy team style with no defense

You cannot strictly put that on Rambis, I mean if anything I think this team has been solid defensively on the perimeter and even in switches they communicate good, just looking at players like Young who visibly put more effort is pleasing to see.

Amir went for nearly 30 points when Gasol was in the game, once Hill played the majority with Sacre they were more physical in the low post and paint, prevented easy lay ups and drives to the basket. Although some of the Raptors just had a hot game, yesterday was more a product of a horrible effort on the starters, with the anxieties of Kobe's return and of course insane amount of TO's, which in part Kobe had his share.

#943 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,161 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted December 09, 2013 - 02:42 PM

^ Haven't seen stats, but the lakers have been giving teams way too many points in the paint all season long. Its true we dont have a set rotation or guys may not even fully know their role yet but when Rambis was hired a lot of forum guys were thinking we'd have a much better defensive team and all i see are layups all game long for the other team.

Better interior defense is our biggest issue other than injuries. Hope the staff tweeks and fixes before we fall too far below 500 and out of sight

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#944 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,128 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 09, 2013 - 11:56 PM

You cannot strictly put that on Rambis, I mean if anything I think this team has been solid defensively on the perimeter and even in switches they communicate good, just looking at players like Young who visibly put more effort is pleasing to see.

Amir went for nearly 30 points when Gasol was in the game, once Hill played the majority with Sacre they were more physical in the low post and paint, prevented easy lay ups and drives to the basket. Although some of the Raptors just had a hot game, yesterday was more a product of a horrible effort on the starters, with the anxieties of Kobe's return and of course insane amount of TO's, which in part Kobe had his share.

Very true.  When Hill and Sacre were in a lot of shots at the rim were contested, and in the second half Johnson only scored once when Hill and Sacre were in.  

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users