Photo

Chris Kaman Thanks Laker Fans One Last Time, Gone (Pg. 36, #712)

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

• 40,395 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 11:35 PM

jUJXRdn.jpg
Kaman-Wreckingball.jpg

Edited by    , July 03, 2014 - 09:56 PM.

yo.

#2 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,666 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2013 - 11:43 PM

what happened to him by the way?

• 40,395 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 11:45 PM

^ MDA's doghouse I guess. He can't be that much worse than Pau at times in my opinion. Plus I feel more confident about him hitting that mid-range shot more frequently.

yo.

#4 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,623 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted December 04, 2013 - 11:46 PM

I kind of feel bad for him. I get this feeling that someone/something screwed him over.

Obviously he's making millions as an athlete in LA, so I shouldn't feel too bad, but still. Something seems off when I see him

• 40,395 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 11:55 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...ost-opportunity

This isn't the first time Kaman has found himself searching for his role in his first season with the Lakers. The 11-year veteran performed well in the preseason before coming down with salmonella poisoning during the team's trip to China, causing him to miss 10 days of training camp and lose his spot in the starting lineup to Shawne Williams when the regular season opened.

"I thought I was playing pretty well before I got sick and then I come back and things are kind of changed for me," Kaman said. "I didn't plan on getting sick, it just happened. And then at the start of the regular season I thought I played pretty well and then we change all the lineups around."

"We've been up and down a little bit, but lately we've been up so I don't have anything to really complain about," Kaman said. "I obviously would like to play, but it's not in my control. I'm doing everything I can do. I'm trying to get ready and keep myself in good shape and do the extra work I'm supposed to and just be positive because things can change at any time."

D'Antoni has not discussed the decision with Kaman.

"I haven't had any conversations about it," Kaman said. "I just kind of keep going with it however it goes. I don't know, what am I going to say? 'Play me more' or 'Let me play'? I mean, if he wants to play me, he'll play me. He knows what I can do. Maybe he doesn't know what I can do. I don't know.

"I think he’s just kind of going with what's been working the last four or five games. We've got some good wins and guys have been playing pretty well. We've been moving the ball. It's just hard to say. I'm not in his head. I don't know. It's obviously frustrating for me, but I'm just going to keep being positive and if I got to be a cheerleader, I'll be a cheerleader. If I have to be helpful in practice, I'll be helpful in practice. I've been in this league long enough to know what I'm capable of and how I can help the team if given the opportunity."

Kaman was sure to not peg himself against any of his teammates who are playing ahead of him.

"I'm not trying to steal nobody's minutes," Kaman said. "That's not my thing. I can't conscientiously go to Coach and say, 'Oh, I deserve to play over someone else or someone else.' I can't do that because Jordan has been playing really well and Pau has actually picked up his game his last 3-4 games. I'm just looking for opportunities. If it comes, it comes. If it doesn't, it doesn't. I can't control that kind of stuff."

Kaman, who signed a one-year deal with the Lakers during the offseason worth about $3.2 million, said being benched was not what he envisioned when he joined the team.

"I was told certain things, but, it doesn't always work out that way," Kaman said. "I don't know if anybody anticipated Jordan to have the season that he's having so far, so I think the expectations were a little bit different for him and myself. I obviously knew what Pau was going to give them. He's been giving them that for years and so that spot's not something that's going to be available. That's his position, his minutes and he deserves that.

"Jordan has been playing awesome. He really has. He's been showing people the rebounding he has and the different things -- a guy diving to the basket full speed, on the rim. So, I'm really impressed with Jordan. I can't really say anything negative about him. But, it's tough. I came here for a reason and I want the opportunity to fulfill that. I can't control that and I just got to try to get back in better shape and I kind of got knocked down by the salmonella poisoning and the back, so I just kind of need to get back in the swing of things."

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,651 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 05, 2013 - 12:02 AM

I really love his positive outlook.  It's frustrating because he wants to help us, but he acknowledges the other teammates are doing good and isn't about knocking down teammates doing well down the pedestal to get back in the rotation.  A really good teammate. More of what we needed last year. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,395 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 12:04 AM

Is it possible R. Kelly even sees time before Kaman?

yo.

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,451 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 05, 2013 - 12:06 AM

This is classic MDA bull[expletive], in my opinion. In his limited minutes, Kaman have been solid, but for some reason he's fallen out of favor of Mike D'Antoni. 

One thing though, we have Pau, Hill and Sacre all capable of playing the 5 and a system where playing two bigs isn't going to happen much. I think we might see Kaman getting shipped out pretty soon. 

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,651 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 12:08 AM

it's also possible that Sacre is also outplaying him in practices due to his sickness and back issues preventing him from getting in shape and his back issue may actually have to do with the fact that he isn't in shape right now.  And hey Sacre shut us up that complained about him getting time over Kaman last game.  They're in practice more than we are so if Sacre is beasting and feasting he deserves playing time. 

• 40,395 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 12:09 AM

I even think Chris (although nothing great himself defensively either) is a bit better defensively more consistently than Pau. He at least seems to put more effort to me usually contesting shots a bit more overall.

I think we might see Kaman getting shipped out pretty soon. 

Any idea for who or what or to whom? Who are some teams that could use a decent to solid big man right now?

yo.

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,451 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 05, 2013 - 01:31 AM

it's also possible that Sacre is also outplaying him in practices due to his sickness and back issues preventing him from getting in shape and his back issue may actually have to do with the fact that he isn't in shape right now.  And hey Sacre shut us up that complained about him getting time over Kaman last game.  They're in practice more than we are so if Sacre is beasting and feasting he deserves playing time. 

He might be, who knows. 

Any idea for who or what or to whom? Who are some teams that could use a decent to solid big man right now?

Well, the easy move would be to trade him to a contender for a second round pick. Also, he is an expiring so he could be moved for someone on a longer deal. This of course would have to be someone who wouldn't hurt our cap-situation too much. 

I think when Kobe and Nash comes back, we'll be quite crowded at the both wing with Kobe, Meeks, Young, Johnson and Henry, as well as the PG position with Blake, Nash and Farmar, so perhaps we could package Kaman with one or two of those guys and get back a player that actually could have an impact.

Perhaps Kaman and/or Henry for Channing Frye?

• 40,395 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 01:34 AM

This is classic MDA bull[expletive], in my opinion.

Wouldn't put it past him. After all, we know what he did to our predator in New York.

yo.

#13 Jsmoove

Jsmoove

Rookie

• 247 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 05, 2013 - 03:57 AM

It's not a surprise Kaman was turning the ball over quite a bit of pick and rolls with Jordan Farmar he also isn't fast or athletic so he slows down the pace in the second unit.

Who would you give him minutes over? Hill? Williams? You could argue either way with regards to sacre but personally I have liked sacre more in the limited playing we have seen from him.

I'm not saying he sucks just that he doesn't fit the roles that those other guys are filling. The only role he fits is Pau's and pau is the better player.

Maybe if pau loses some minutes because he is hurt we might see some more kaman.

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,651 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 04:10 AM

Kaman fits best in lineups with Pau and/or Nash imo. 

#15 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,174 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 05, 2013 - 04:21 AM

Kaman and Henry for melo. Done deal. Championship.

#16 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,651 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 04:24 AM

Kaman and Henry for melo. Done deal. Championship.

Why would you trade Kaman for Melo?  If you're trading for Melo send them Gasol, keep Henry and make Kaman the starter.  That's that =p 

Edited by Majesty, December 05, 2013 - 04:24 AM.

#17 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,174 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 05, 2013 - 04:27 AM

Why would you trade Kaman for Melo? If you're trading for Melo send them Gasol, keep Henry and make Kaman the starter. That's that =p

Because we're not even playing Gasol.

Nash or Blake
Kobe
Wes
Melo
Gasol

Championship easily. Don't [expletive]ing matter. It's OVA

#18 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 05, 2013 - 05:26 AM

Don't see the big deal.  Lakers are 5-2 in the last 7.  Around the time he stopped getting minutes and the things he brings aren't things they need to keep getting wins.  I'd rather see Sacre play anyway.  He has guaranteed money on the line so his development is a bigger factor for LA.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#19 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,919 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 05, 2013 - 06:16 AM

We gave him a two-year deal, right?  :turrible:

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#20 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 05, 2013 - 06:20 AM

All I know is he cant be any worse than Pau. IF PAu faking like he hurt right now. Play Kahman & Sacre

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users