Kyle Anderson

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 2,746 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 06:50 PM

UCLA is off to a 8-0 start. And no doubt Anderson is one of the major contributors.

He is averaging 14 ppg 9.3 rpg 7.8 apg and 1.9 spg with 51/54/70 shooting. Compared to last year, he seems more comfortable. (Maybe departure of Shabazz allowed it? Don't know..)

Anyway, he's been projected as the Magic/Bird type of player since god knows when. Do you think his game could translate to NBA? And should Lakers consider him with a mid-late 1st round pick? I don't/can't watch many UCLA games. Maybe UCLA fans can shed a light on this topic.

#2 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,059 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted December 04, 2013 - 10:07 PM

Anderson's playing better because he has the ball in his hands and is basically playing PG this year. Last year Larry Drew had ballhandling duties and he played off ball more.

IMO he reminds me of a Magic/LO hybrid with court vision somewhere lower than Magic's but higher than LO's. He makes ridiculous passes look easy. Tough to say whether his game translates to the NBA. He still needs to work on his shot and defense is a question, though he uses his length well. His true position is PG but footspeed is a problem on defense so he'll probably play the 3 or 4. He's currently projected as a second rounder, so the Lakers may be able to pick him up there if they wanted.

Honestly, the Bruin I'm more interested in is Jordan Adams. Lights out, can hit from anywhere on the floor, would be sweet to have him flying off screens and letting a PG set him up. He's among conference leaders in steals too with 3+ a game.

Posted Image

#3 Icker

Icker

Superstar

• 8,043 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 10:51 PM

Kyle Anderson is a slow player, he looks slow on the court. I think he should stay another year to refine his shooting and scoring. The thing with UCLA is that we have yet to played a good team, the reason for the unbeaten record. I say the true scouting of Kyle Anderson will come after we play Missouri and Duke. When there's athletes on par with his talent defending him, till then I don't really thing it's fair to project him as anything.

The best NBA prospect on UCLA is by far Zach Lavine. 6'5, with hops out of the building, and a great shooting touch beyond the arc. I think Chad Ford already has him ranked 12th overall in a DEEP draft.

#4 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,011 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 09, 2013 - 01:37 PM

I love Anderson

He is a 6'8 pg
No lock he comes out, and if he does, he isn't even a lock to go first round

But I would take him a pg, over pretty much any other young pg... I like the long athletic pg... MCW type...

Every team is hating themselves for passing on 6'6 pg, Michael carter Williams, who every team is probaly regretting now now taking..

#5 Icker

Icker

Superstar

• 8,043 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 07:31 PM

Kyle Anderson isn't athletic like a MCW.

#6 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,011 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 28, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Dude is putting up numbers like magic Johnson

Not an exaggeration ether

15/9/7

Vs

17/7/8