-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,785 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 02, 2013 - 11:23 AM

Amazon says drone deliveries are the future

In the not-too-distant future, Amazon deliveries could come by air directly to your doorstep.

Read more: http://money.cnn.com...very/index.html

You may be able to order groceries on Amazon and receive them in 30 minutes at your doorstep by 2020.

Edited by -Wade-, December 02, 2013 - 11:30 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#2 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted December 02, 2013 - 11:25 AM

Saw this last night, looks interesting.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,577 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted December 02, 2013 - 11:49 AM

What's gonna stop people from grabbing that thing and stealing whatever it carries?

If I was a kid, I'd get all my friends together and try to destroy them rocks and baseball bats.

#4 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,089 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted December 02, 2013 - 12:01 PM

yeah, this is stupid.. and could put people out of jobs eventually

ap1.png

#5 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,594 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 02, 2013 - 12:15 PM

yeah, because we all live in houses in the middle of a field with no one around.

What if you live in an apartment, it will come through the window?

Posted Image

#6 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted December 02, 2013 - 12:59 PM

yeah, because we all live in houses in the middle of a field with no one around.

What if you live in an apartment, it will come through the window?

Drop it off at the nearest post office I guess. Or the apartment could put in a mailing center where these things can enter. There's a lot you can do to make it work. The thing is idk if that small little aircraft could go between states in just 30 minutes (if this is domestic). Maybe it's just a concept. 

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#7 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,785 posts

Posted December 02, 2013 - 01:01 PM

^I believe the drones would only deliver within 15-30 miles of their home location, with various locations across the States. If Amazon can get the FAA to buy in, they said you may see 30,000 drones in airspace between 2020-2025.

Edited by -Wade-, December 02, 2013 - 01:02 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#8 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted December 02, 2013 - 01:06 PM

^I believe the drones would only deliver within 15-30 miles of their home location, with various locations across the States. If Amazon can get the FAA to buy in, they said you may see 30,000 drones in airspace between 2020-2025.

lol that would be so limited

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#9 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,785 posts

Posted December 02, 2013 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, it is still a very early (and potentially controversial) technology. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

wKNsigp.png

#10 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 389 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted December 02, 2013 - 01:16 PM

Can I order a drone via a drone from Amazon? All jokes aside, I'm a little leary of all this drone stuff.

#11 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,594 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 02, 2013 - 02:05 PM

This drone thing is going to get out of hand. With all the general aviation traffic that there is in the US, i'm sure there will be  many collisions if you fill the sky with these things.

Posted Image

• 40,383 posts

Posted December 02, 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'm a little leary of all this drone stuff.

This drone thing is going to get out of hand.

Count me into this club.

I can't deny that certainly there seem to be some exciting positives to this, but all in all overall, the concerns & negatives are too steep for me for the pros to outweigh the cons.

yo.

#13 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 02, 2013 - 02:50 PM

This drone thing is going to get out of hand. With all the general aviation traffic that there is in the US, i'm sure there will be  many collisions if you fill the sky with these things.

It's not like the drones will be flying in the proximity of larger aircraft's but just imagine what PETA would say with the effect upon all the Pigeons, Crows, Doves, and other bird species? hahaha

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#14 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,325 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 02, 2013 - 03:43 PM

Dominoes pizza has said they want a all drone delivery service prior to all the amazon talk. Dominoes actually contracted a manufacturer in China to create them. So soon it'll all happen. Go technology bull [expletive]!. More human jobs lost. Less over head for the rich shareholders to make more. Mean while millions of people down on their luck or working their way through school can't even get a job delivering pizzas anymore. Spiderman would be screwed. There was a time tech advancement created more jobs. Now tech advancement obsoletes jobs.

Edited by LakersGAFan, December 02, 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#15 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,785 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 05:05 PM

Dominoes pizza has said they want a all drone delivery service prior to all the amazon talk. Dominoes actually contracted a manufacturer in China to create them. So soon it'll all happen. Go technology bull [expletive]!. More human jobs lost. Less over head for the rich shareholders to make more. Mean while millions of people down on their luck or working their way through school can't even get a job delivering pizzas anymore. Spiderman would be screwed. There was a time tech advancement created more jobs. Now tech advancement obsoletes jobs.

Domino's tests drone pizza delivery

130604155205-dominoes-pizza-delivery-dro

In perhaps the first bit of "technological research" to involve flying pepperoni, Domino's has developed a drone capable of delivering pizzas.

Read more: http://money.cnn.com...os-pizza-drone/

wKNsigp.png

#16 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,527 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 03, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Thats why you don't want to put your self in a position that a robot can do. 

#17 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,785 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 07:53 PM

^Playing devil's advocate. I think that cuts both ways. We are beginning to see major leaps in AI (see Watson 2.0 and the new Wolfram language), in which computers may start taking the jobs of highly quality professionals. For example, computers that are learning to debate and reason might start making medical decisions instead of a professional (it's easier to deny someone the medical attention through a computer's algorithm rather than having a human doing it and affecting their conscience). For example, drones are becoming more and more automated and less and less user controlled. For example, the power of physical computing in pair with AI to automate almost ANY task (auto baking pizzas synced up to an online ordering system, automated payment systems in every store, etc.) With all of the advancements in auto-driving vehicles, I would not be surprised to see computers taking the jobs of taxi cabs, and possibly trains, airplaines, etc. through extraordinary developments.

Edited by -Wade-, December 03, 2013 - 07:56 PM.

wKNsigp.png

#18 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 03, 2013 - 07:55 PM

people are gonna steal or destroy them...

#19 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,785 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 07:59 PM

people are gonna steal or destroy them...

That will definitely happen. You'll probably see the FAA create laws and regulations to make such things illegal, but I do not know how well that will deter people.

wKNsigp.png

#20 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,089 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted December 03, 2013 - 10:49 PM

ever heard of he pixar theory?  lol disney is an amazing organization that can predict the future...... lets recall the robot movie lol

ap1.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Amazon, drone, delivery, technology, shopping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users