Photo

Pau Gasol passed Detlef Schrempf as second highest scoring European player in NBA history

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,290 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 27, 2013 - 05:41 PM

Congratulations to Pau Gasol who has passed Detlef Schrempf as the 2nd-highest scoring European player in NBA history (Dirk Nowitzki, No. 1)

NICE ONE PAU!!! You passed the german ..haha but its a long way to the next german who is on top in Dirkules ! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,988 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted November 27, 2013 - 06:20 PM

A little off topic but might as well since I've been curious, granted you're German but as far as a European perspective do you consider German basketball players the best in all of Europe or is not at all even thought of. Like maybe Spanish or Russian players are overrated, just wondering how the thought process is, if you would even know?

Kind of like how in the US, certain people from NY or Cali think their area has the best basketball players. Of course this is all subjective but still.

Edited by Ven, November 27, 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#3 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 804 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 27, 2013 - 07:20 PM

good question

#4 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,784 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 28, 2013 - 01:17 AM

^
It's not like that. Spanish,Russian and players from former Yugoslavia ( Serbia,Croatia,Slovenia) and also Greeks are considered among the best.Also,Lithuanians live for basketball,they are the fanatic nation in Europe. Sorry Manaro,but Germans don't stand so well on the Europe basketball map :D

P.S. But there is a common thinking that the Spanish players are a bit overrated. And that they are floppers. That's why nobody likes them :)

Impossible is nothing.

#5 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,596 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 28, 2013 - 01:27 AM

^
It's not like that. Spanish,Russian and players from former Yugoslavia ( Serbia,Croatia,Slovenia) and also Greeks are considered among the best.Also,Lithuanians live for basketball,they are the fanatic nation in Europe. Sorry Manaro,but Germans don't stand so well on the Europe basketball map :D

P.S. But there is a common thinking that the Spanish players are a bit overrated. And that they are floppers. That's why nobody likes them :)

ha ha ha ha

Yeah, and we have our common thinking in Spain about foreign players also...lol

Posted Image

#6 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,784 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 02:13 AM

^
I'm just pushing your buttons :) But you gotta admit,some things that Rudy does are a little... MEH.

Impossible is nothing.

#7 Jsmoove

Jsmoove

Rookie

• 247 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 28, 2013 - 08:06 AM

I think european players flop because of the influence of football (soccer), lots of players dive and exaggerate and I think it rubs off on the basketball as well.

Anyways, one thing I can say is that we in the U.K have probably the worst basketball players in europe.

#8 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,988 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted November 28, 2013 - 11:30 AM

^

Well that is just the American perspective for all Europeans, I was just curious about how Europeans from different countries view other countries. I only have a Scottish and English friend (never confuse the countries, they get bloody mad lol), and well those are soccer countries so I've never gotten much insight from them.

#9 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,290 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 28, 2013 - 11:37 AM

people here in germany love soccer of course

but there are also alot of baskrtball and handball fans too

but yeah soccer is the most loved sports in the world so there you go

still we have some good young blooded german basketball players here around but the scouting sucks...so im happy for guys like dirk, shroeder or harris to find their way on the big stage..cause its way harder than you guys think...

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#10 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,098 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 28, 2013 - 12:14 PM

Not one freaking 

Congrats Pau  here X_X 

Well CONGRATS PAU!! :) 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#11 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,784 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 03:08 PM

^
That's why we have you Majesty ;)

Anyways, one thing I can say is that we in the U.K have probably the worst basketball players in europe.

Don't be so harsh,there are worse. You can always count on Malta or Andora who even don't have a basketball team, I think. Besides,GB didn't do too bad in the Eurobasket.

Impossible is nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users