• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 26, 2013 - 08:04 PM

I was pondering about the possibility of a "Guides forum" where multiple threads could be created to educate users about basketball and the NBA. Users could provide feedback or simply ask questions about certain topics.

Some examples about guides could be:

1) Basic Basketball Terms (pick and roll, screens, transition defense, zone, over the back foul, etc)

I fathom the fact that there are a myriad of terms relating to basketball, but perhaps we could pinpoint the most common ones and formulate a guide over that.

2) How NBA Salary Cap Works

3) Basic Offensive/Defensive plays

This guide would be focused more towards the various types of offenses/defenses certain teams run, the importance of individual/team talent, the successes of teams running those certain plays, etc.

I understand one could simply Google these or provide links, but it'd be more intuitive to have the guides all in one place made by our users that would perhaps be able to better explain things.

I'd be happy to do research and create one of the guides if I have time over winter break. This will probably be difficult given the time restrictions we all have, but it could be a long term project. I'd also be happy to revise and edit anyone's guides for proper grammar.

I apologize if something like this exists or has been suggested before.

Edited by Clutch Factor, November 26, 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#2 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,398 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 26, 2013 - 08:34 PM

Great Idea

#3 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,651 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 26, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Not only NBA related but also general guides should be posted too.

• 40,365 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 01:44 AM

I was pondering about the possibility of a "Guides forum" where multiple threads could be created to educate users about basketball and the NBA. Users could provide feedback or simply ask questions about certain topics.

Some examples about guides could be:

1) Basic Basketball Terms (pick and roll, screens, transition defense, zone, over the back foul, etc)

I fathom the fact that there are a myriad of terms relating to basketball, but perhaps we could pinpoint the most common ones and formulate a guide over that.

2) How NBA Salary Cap Works

3) Basic Offensive/Defensive plays

This guide would be focused more towards the various types of offenses/defenses certain teams run, the importance of individual/team talent, the successes of teams running those certain plays, etc.

I understand one could simply Google these or provide links, but it'd be more intuitive to have the guides all in one place made by our users that would perhaps be able to better explain things.

I'd be happy to do research and create one of the guides if I have time over winter break. This will probably be difficult given the time restrictions we all have, but it could be a long term project. I'd also be happy to revise and edit anyone's guides for proper grammar.

thumbs-up-chuck.gif

yo.

#5 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,279 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 08:34 AM

Not only NBA related but also general guides should be posted too.

Mhmm, you're right. Perhaps guides on "Excelling in one-on-one" (hoping that won't make players ball hogs lol), basic shooting techniques, etc.

- - -

We could also use basic graphics softwares to make banners within the guides in order to make the guides more appealing rather than a bunch of text that would normally make the eye tired and lazy.

#6 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,755 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 30, 2013 - 12:15 AM

Not a bad idea. If we get enough information/activity, I wouldn't mind putting up a small sub-forum for this. Would have to wait until winter break (in two weeks) though. I've been swamped all semester long haha

#7 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,279 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 11:39 AM

Not a bad idea. If we get enough information/activity, I wouldn't mind putting up a small sub-forum for this. Would have to wait until winter break (in two weeks) though. I've been swamped all semester long haha

Alright, sounds good!

Yeah, school work is killing me.

#8 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 01, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Depending on how much free time I can find these days (not much), and how much warmer it can get (right now, we're seeing 40-50° temps), I could make a few videos and upload them to my personal YouTube account, then stick them on the forums.

Also, I can write about a few offenses.  Some are a bit too complex to explain in words (well, you can, but you really have to "dumb it down" to rip out the basics), but there are plenty to discuss.

I work a LOT nowadays, but I'll contribute when I can.

#9 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,279 posts

Posted December 02, 2013 - 05:29 PM

Depending on how much free time I can find these days (not much), and how much warmer it can get (right now, we're seeing 40-50° temps), I could make a few videos and upload them to my personal YouTube account, then stick them on the forums.

Also, I can write about a few offenses.  Some are a bit too complex to explain in words (well, you can, but you really have to "dumb it down" to rip out the basics), but there are plenty to discuss.

I work a LOT nowadays, but I'll contribute when I can.

That sounds awesome! Take your time man, don't sweat it. ^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users