Photo

Jordan Hill Discussion - Hill will not return if things stay the same with the Lakers (Pg. 18)

• Please log in to reply
504 replies to this topic

#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,101 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:21 PM

I'll even break down shot attempts for you Jody on this Lakers roster that Jordan Hill wouldn't average 16/12 in if they had offensive firepower to shoot more than him by your opinion. 

Shot attempts her game(biggest to smallest) 

Pau Gasol 13.5

Nick Young 9.9

Jodie Meeks 8.8

Steve Blake 8.7

Chris Kaman 8.4

Jordan Farmar 8.2

Wesley Johnson 8.0

Steve Nash 7.7

Xavier Henry 7.5

Jordan Hill 6.0

Shawne Williams 3.7

Robert Sacre 2.0

Ryan Kelly 1.5

Elias Harris 0.5

So what that means is that of the ROTATION... Jordan Hill gets the LEAST amount of shots than anyone else on the rotation roster. 

Ouch.... 

But I'm sure your next excuse is gonna be "It's only because he gets shots at the basket!!" or "half of his attempts are putbacks and dunks!"  you haven't reached for that one yet.

EDIT: 

He's racking up points off of putbacks, broken plays and some decent PG play.  So Hill is creating in the post now? Hitting midrange jumpers? He isn't putting any pressure on anyone's defense to react. 

I like Hill I want to keep him but you sound like his agent is going to sound this offseason when they come asking for a new deal. 

^_^

Edited by Majesty, November 17, 2013 - 11:24 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#42 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,773 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:30 PM

I'm good on this debate man, you won.  A player has 4 great games and now he's all star worthy.  I get it. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#43 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:36 PM

I'm good on this debate man, you won.  A player has 4 great games and now he's all star worthy.  I get it. 

It goes back to as far as last year Jody as I stated earlier as well as last year. 

Aww.. but I didn't even get to the part about him averaging 18/12 since becoming a starter on less shot attempts than Aldridge, Dirk and Love too or how he'll be 5th in the league in field goal percentage while being the only power forward in the top 5   :(   

And I said borderline all-star actually.   

Oh well ^_^

Edited by Majesty, November 17, 2013 - 11:36 PM.

#44 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,209 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:39 PM

@jodysmokes lol u said pekovic got paid because he was putting up 14/8 next to love. Love was injured and 14/8 on a non playoff team. Soooooooo what's your argument now? Also kris humphries got PAID for putting up a double double. It doesn't matter about whatever crap you wanna say about what happened with Dwight, they paid him off of his performance and what they thought he can give them. Also you cannot use assumptions and predictions as valid points to an argument.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, November 17, 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#45 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:44 PM

Why do you guys have to be so impatient? He is not going anywhere soon. Sit back and enjoy. And these allstar discussions are totally unnecessary. Who cares if he is an allstar or not? Andre Miller has never been an allstar. Am I supposed to treat him differently? Jordan just wants to play. And I enjoy watching him give his best. That is all there is to this game. Don't complicate it.

#46 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:55 PM

I agree. You have a point.

But the thing about Hill, is that he's been giving us hustle, rebounding, and defense ever since he got here - 2 years ago.

His offensive game has surprised everyone.

And Btw, it was Earl Clark, not Earl Grant.

Early Grant is a joke if you listen to Max and Marcellus everyday haha

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#47 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:57 PM

Not even close.  Hill has showed flashes since he got here and even last year was the best offensive rebounder in the league and was on his way to having the highest offensive rebounding rate of all time until his injury.   He was a 23/12 guy last year per 34.  And tonight he got 35 mins and was 24/17.  

It's been apparent what he could do.   If you said last year that he was a better offensive rebounder than Faried you'd get laughed at despite how true it was, all you'd hear is "well he has to really do it" Well he has been.  

Jordan Hill hasn't been garbage.  He's just finally getting a chance to show how good he actually is.  He was on pace to show us last year if he didn't get hurt.  D'antoni picked him over Jamison for a reason. 

Anyone else find it funny how some people were ready to point out how consistently horrid we are "this early" and how we should tank? But when we have the slightest bit of success in a game or with a player they point out how 'early' it is in the season and we should wait and see? 

Suddenly any kind of success = "it's too early in the season to know for sure", but first sign of any kind of failure = "See!! I was right! We're terrible! Set in stone!!"  

:smh:

I wasn't comparing Hill's play and talent to Earl.

I was just explaining and elaborating contract wise in how one amazing breakout performance one year can get a player a ridiculous contract.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#48 Jack Lime

Jack Lime

Rookie

• 360 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 18, 2013 - 12:12 AM

This is not an overreaction thread. Seriously.

Right.

VN8Tqa1.jpg

#49 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 12:53 AM

I wasn't comparing Hill's play and talent to Earl.

I was just explaining and elaborating contract wise in how one amazing breakout performance one year can get a player a ridiculous contract.

Luckily this time around we'll have enough to potentially bring him back for a largercontract ;) We got a lot of money to play with after this season :D

Edited by Majesty, November 18, 2013 - 12:53 AM.

#50 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,480 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 18, 2013 - 01:02 AM

How big of a deal does Jordan Hill deserve? Perhaps a Taj Gibson-esque deal at around 8/yr for 4 years?

#51 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 18, 2013 - 01:46 AM

What I like about Jordan is how he seemingly never lets his minutes or touches bother him and just forced his way into the starting line up with his plays. 

#52 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,490 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 02:03 AM

I love J-Chill and what he brings to the team, but he may be a good trade piece depending in the direction we go with this team......

#53 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 519 posts
  • Name:Blax
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Threatt, Rodman

Posted November 18, 2013 - 02:18 AM

How big of a deal does Jordan Hill deserve? Perhaps a Taj Gibson-esque deal at around 8/yr for 4 years?

I hope he would sign with us at that price, but I'm sure there are going to be teams willing to overpay. 

• 40,400 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 03:42 AM

Jordan Hill Talks More Minutes

Pau Discusses The Evolution Of Jordan Hill

Mike D'Antoni Talks About Jordan Hill's Career Night

yo.

#55 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,564 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 18, 2013 - 05:48 AM

I don't know about borderline all-star, he's had like 3 or 4 good games. But if he goes back to his reserve role and if the Lakers record is good enough... 6th man of the year possibly? People always wanna give it to Nick Young, but I'd say overall Hill would be a lot more deserving and have a better case for it.

PS: I still want to "tank". I was very happy watching the game last night, good to see Meeks continue his hot shooting and Hill was a monster, but once Kobe comes back I still think we'll finish with 30-something wins. What good is that?

#56 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 18, 2013 - 06:57 AM

There is being realistic and there is being just plain negative. Harry and Jody are just being negative now.

Why can't Jordan Hill become an all star or an all-star type player? 

No one here has said he is an all star right now but he can become one.

Its called practice and dedication. If Jordan Hill keeps that up...then I don't see why he can't develop into an all star or put all star type numbers.

#57 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,773 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 07:46 AM

Not sure why you keep lumping me in with Harry.  Anyway, I never said Hill could never be an all star ever.  I rarely speak in absolutes for a player.  What I DID say is that he isn't an all star right now based on a number of things.  He's played 5 great games and no defense is keying in on him, we also play at a top 5 pace and shoot the 3-4 worst percentage in the league.  Playing at a high pace means more chances to score and get rebounds.  Pau is avg like 16/13 per 36 as well.  Excluding his FG% he's putting up so called borderline all star numbers.  Doesn't make him all star worthy.

Funny how I'm the guy that doesn't want to trade Hill for some stupid Melo package and always felt he needs to be kept and paid reasonably but I'm negative?  You guys like to read half the post and see something you don't like and never digest what I'm saying.

There is being realistic and there is being just plain negative. Harry and Jody are just being negative now.

Why can't Jordan Hill become an all star or an all-star type player? 

No one here has said he is an all star right now but he can become one.

Its called practice and dedication. If Jordan Hill keeps that up...then I don't see why he can't develop into an all star or put all star type numbers.

Edited by Jody Smokes, November 18, 2013 - 07:47 AM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#58 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,123 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 18, 2013 - 07:53 AM

I love Hill as the next guy, but would you guys be willing to trade him for a couple good players and a draft pick? Just asking because his value is really high now and considering our plans for 2014.. how much would   they be willing to pony up for him?

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#59 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,773 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 08:07 AM

We can't trade our 2014 draft pick and even if we could with the state of the team possibly missing the playoffs why would you trade out of the deepest draft in over 10 years?  Any plans in 2014 aren't helped by trading Jordan Hill and are worsened by trading our draft pick.

I love Hill as the next guy, but would you guys be willing to trade him for a couple good players and a draft pick? Just asking because his value is really high now and considering our plans for 2014.. how much would   they be willing to pony up for him?

#60 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 18, 2013 - 08:15 AM

We can't trade our 2014 draft pick and even if we could with the state of the team possibly missing the playoffs why would you trade out of the deepest draft in over 10 years?  Any plans in 2014 aren't helped by trading Jordan Hill and are worsened by trading our draft pick.

He's not saying we should trade our pick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users