Photo

Jordan Hill Discussion - Hill will not return if things stay the same with the Lakers (Pg. 18)

• Please log in to reply
504 replies to this topic

#21 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 17, 2013 - 10:02 PM

Not like it's difficult to be a NBA All Star. Pau Gasol did it...so yeh.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#22 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,839 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 17, 2013 - 10:14 PM

Show me where I suggested how much he'd get paid? Hill will most likely get better offers if the front office makes bringing in Melo a priority.  I don't see him getting 12m anywhere and I stand by that.

Didn't you just say earlier today that hill isn't going to get paid that much? I said he'd get an expensive contract. Funny how some opinions change after a few hours.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#23 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,275 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted November 17, 2013 - 10:19 PM

Show me where I suggested how much he'd get paid? Hill will most likely get better offers if the front office makes bringing in Melo a priority. I don't see him getting 12m anywhere and I stand by that.

Like I said, any jackass can go around saying no to things. How bout suggest something instead of just saying no to people's ideas. How much do you think he gets paid by the way he's playing?

#24 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,839 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 10:24 PM

It's game 12 man.  Let the season play out.  I personally don't think and most likely other GMs aren't fooled by just simple box score numbers.  JH is a nice player to have but if you are paying a guy 12M a year or anything close to that he has to be more than a glorified hustle man which is exactly what Hill is.  He's a hustle man.  He has no real offensive skill set, he's not a great defender but scrappy and can make some big defensive plays and he has a high motor.

I've started numerous threads in the GM section and have voiced my opinion plenty of times about what I think the steps should be to turn this org around.  So maybe you should read my posts instead of perusing through them. 

You're the same guy that thinks Nick Young is a beast and that NY is going to trade Melo for Gasol, Hill and the god awful Xavier Henry. 

Like I said, any jackass can go around saying no to things. How bout suggest something instead of just saying no to people's ideas. How much do you think he gets paid by the way he's playing?

Edited by Jody Smokes, November 17, 2013 - 10:25 PM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#25 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,041 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted November 17, 2013 - 10:30 PM

Not like it's difficult to be a NBA All Star. Pau Gasol did it...so yeh.

:laughing: I liked that. 

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#26 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,123 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 17, 2013 - 10:34 PM

Just like Earl Grant...

Dude was garbage before than had a breakout year and Cleveland decided to throw money his way.  Now he's just mediocre again.

Not even close.  Hill has showed flashes since he got here and even last year was the best offensive rebounder in the league and was on his way to having the highest offensive rebounding rate of all time until his injury.   He was a 23/12 guy last year per 34.  And tonight he got 35 mins and was 24/17.  

It's been apparent what he could do.   If you said last year that he was a better offensive rebounder than Faried you'd get laughed at despite how true it was, all you'd hear is "well he has to really do it" Well he has been.  

Jordan Hill hasn't been garbage.  He's just finally getting a chance to show how good he actually is.  He was on pace to show us last year if he didn't get hurt.  D'antoni picked him over Jamison for a reason. 

Anyone else find it funny how some people were ready to point out how consistently horrid we are "this early" and how we should tank? But when we have the slightest bit of success in a game or with a player they point out how 'early' it is in the season and we should wait and see? 

Suddenly any kind of success = "it's too early in the season to know for sure", but first sign of any kind of failure = "See!! I was right! We're terrible! Set in stone!!"  

:smh:

Edited by Majesty, November 17, 2013 - 10:36 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#27 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,275 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 10:35 PM

It's game 12 man. Let the season play out. I personally don't think and most likely other GMs aren't fooled by just simple box score numbers. JH is a nice player to have but if you are paying a guy 12M a year or anything close to that he has to be more than a glorified hustle man which is exactly what Hill is. He's a hustle man. He has no real offensive skill set, he's not a great defender but scrappy and can make some big defensive plays and he has a high motor.

I've started numerous threads in the GM section and have voiced my opinion plenty of times about what I think the steps should be to turn this org around. So maybe you should read my posts instead of perusing through them.

You're the same guy that thinks Nick Young is a beast and that NY is going to trade Melo for Gasol, Hill and the god awful Xavier Henry.

Kris humphries got paid. Nikola pekovic got paid. Every big man that puts up numbers and that's not old as dirt gets paid. Why don't you just throw out a number of what you think he'll get paid instead of saying "Get real man" when I said he'd get paid.

#28 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,275 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 10:38 PM

Anyone else find it funny how some people were ready to point out how consistently horrid we are "this early" and how we should tank? But when we have the slightest bit of success in a game or with a player they point out how 'early' it is in the season and we should wait and see?

Suddenly any kind of success = "it's too early in the season to know for sure", but first sign of any kind of failure = "See!! I was right! We're terrible! Set in stone!!"

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

#29 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,839 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 10:59 PM

I see you are shooting subliminals, typical.  It's not too early to tell this team isn't going to win a championship, I stand by that so I'm not sure what you are trying to insinuate.  Guys are calling Jordan Hill a borderline all star player and saying he could be the piece that brings in Melo at the deadline is absolutely stupid. 

Kris Humphries got paid 12M a year because they floated that amount out to him when BKN was desperately trying to make that D12 deal happen.  Once it fell through they had to pay him that amount.  Pekovic is a better player than Jordan Hill who put up 14/8 next to Love, gave them nearly a double double in many games when he was out and is actually an above avg post player on offense and post defense.

Hill has no such offensive skill.  He's a glorified hustle man playing on a team where Jodie Meeks is the leading scorer.  Let that sink in. 

Not even close.  Hill has showed flashes since he got here and even last year was the best offensive rebounder in the league and was on his way to having the highest offensive rebounding rate of all time until his injury.   He was a 23/12 guy last year per 34.  And tonight he got 35 mins and was 24/17.  

It's been apparent what he could do.   If you said last year that he was a better offensive rebounder than Faried you'd get laughed at despite how true it was, all you'd hear is "well he has to really do it" Well he has been.  

Jordan Hill hasn't been garbage.  He's just finally getting a chance to show how good he actually is.  He was on pace to show us last year if he didn't get hurt.  D'antoni picked him over Jamison for a reason. 

#30 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,123 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:00 PM

Jordan Hill IS a borderline all-star player Jody -_-   it wasn't just THIS year.   

He was on pace last year in the same ways before he went down.  He had earned spot in the rotation, was picked over Jamison and was on his way to having the highest offensive rebound rating of all time while also being a 15/13(looked it up this time) per 35 player(by the way Faried by comparison was only 13/13). 

That's borderline all-star.   Unless you'd like to bring up the guys around the league that could average 15/13 easily or that have averaged 15/13.  I'm willing to bet a majority of them were all-stars. It didn't just come out of nowhere Jody, it's been there for the past 2 seasons.

Jordan Hill IS a borderline all-star. 

It's not "too early"  it's not "out of nowhere" he is and he has been as far back as last year when I said he was a better rebounder than Faried and got laughed at. 

Edited by Majesty, November 17, 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#31 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,839 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:02 PM

So he's in the same class as Lamarcus Aldridge, Dirk and Demarcus Cousins?  Because those are the borderline western all stars. 

Jordan Hill is a borderline all-star player Jody -_-

#32 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,952 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:04 PM

So he's in the same class as Lamarcus Aldridge, Dirk and Demarcus Cousins?  Because those are the borderline western all stars. 

I'd take all three of them over him, too.

I love J Hill but what Jody says does have a lot of merit. For the right price he is a steal but you don't wanna break the bank for someone like him either. 

#33 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,839 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:05 PM

Jordan Hill can rebound but if you think he's going to put up 15-16ppg when coaches actually key in on him like they would a Dirk, LMA or DMC then you should just stop talking basketball.  Right now he's eating the glass and getting hustle points.  No offense is being ran for him and he's doing well but lets not make him out to be some all star player

Jordan Hill IS a borderline all-star player Jody -_-   it wasn't just THIS year.   

He was on pace last year in the same ways before he went down.  He had earned spot in the rotation, was picked over Jamison and was on his way to having the highest offensive rebound rating of all time while also being a 15/13(looked it up this time) per 35 player. 

That's borderline all-star.   Unless you'd like to bring up the guys around the league that could average 15/13 easily or that have averaged 15/13.  I'm willing to bet a majority of them were all-stars. It didn't just come out of nowhere Jody, it's been there for the past 2 seasons.

Jordan Hill IS a borderline all-star. 

It's not "too early"  it's not "out of nowhere" he is and he has been. 

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,123 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:08 PM

DeMarcus cousins isn't a forward.

And as I said,  What players that weren't all-stars came close to being a 15/13 player.   Because Jordan Hill is easily a 15/13 guy, I'd say 16/12 he's very easily. 

Got a few Forwards that have come close to that which "weren't" all-stars?   16/12 is impressive and is borderline all-star no matter how you try to slice it and Jordan Hill is a 16/12 guy easily. 

Jordan Hill also does this while getting on average 6 shots a game, compared to Blake Griffin's 15 shots a game. Aldridge's 15 shots a game and Dirk's 13 shots a game .

Edited by Majesty, November 17, 2013 - 11:10 PM.

#35 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,839 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:09 PM

He's not a 16/12 guy with starter minutes on a team that has good offensive players.  He's a 16 ppg player on a team where essentially Jodie Meeks is our best scorer lmao

DeMarcus cousins isn't a forward.

And as I said,  What players that weren't all-stars came close to being a 15/13 player.   Because Jordan Hill is easily a 15/13 guy, I'd say 16/12 he's very easily. 

Got a few Forwards that have come close to that which "weren't" all-stars?   16/12 is impressive and is borderline all-star no matter how you try to slice it and Jordan Hill is a 16/12 guy easily. 

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,123 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:12 PM

He's not a 16/12 guy with starter minutes on a team that has good offensive players.  

See Jody, this is where you start trying to make rules to invalidate something you can't disprove. 

Is Jordan Hill a 16/12 guy yes or no?  Jordan Hill also does this while getting on average 6 shots a game, compared to Blake Griffin's 15 shots a game. Aldridge's 15 shots a game and Dirk's 13 shots a game .  

The only people that take less shots than Jordan Hill on the Lakers are Ryan Kelly, Sacre, Shawe Williams and Elias Harris.  

So there goes that. 

You're running out of argument and going into "well if the circumstances were different." territory again. 

Edited by Majesty, November 17, 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#37 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,517 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:13 PM

Jordan Hill was drafted #8 for a reason. He showed glimpse of highlevel-ness, but he was stuck in the wrong organizations and systems for quiet a while.

As KnowItAll has pointed out, Hill's offensive game is not raw. When he puts the ball down he knows how to finish. He knows how to make jumpers, and most importantly he makes his free-throws. His post game needs work, but he seems to be a humble, willing learner. I'm pretty sure that if the management wanted to, they could hire Kareem and have him work with Hill again. We also have Kurt Rambis, Pau Gasol, and Kaman for him to watch and learn.

#38 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,839 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:14 PM

So basically you like to exclude all the factors that go into real basketball debates that don't fit your agenda.  Jordan Hill isn't going to get 16PPG in a functioning offense with real offensive threats.  He's doing well thats it.  He's doing the same thing Faried is doing.  Hustle, scrap, rinse and repeat.  Nothing all star like about that.

See Jody, this is where you start trying to make rules to invalidate something. 

Is Jordan Hill a 16/12 guy yes or no?  Jordan Hill also does this while getting on average 6 shots a game, compared to Blake Griffin's 15 shots a game. Aldridge's 15 shots a game and Dirk's 13 shots a game . 

You're running out of argument and going into "well if the circumstances were different." territory again. 

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,123 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:16 PM

So basically you like to exclude all the factors that go into real basketball debates that don't fit your agenda.  Jordan Hill isn't going to get 16PPG in a functioning offense with real offensive threats.  He's doing well thats it.  He's doing the same thing Faried is doing.  Hustle, scrap, rinse and repeat.  Nothing all star like about that.

FYI the only people that take less shots than Jordan Hill on this "terrible offensive team that needs him to shoot so much" Lakers team are Ryan Kelly, Robert Sacre, Shawe Williams and Elias Harris.  Everyone else shoots more than him.

So there goes that argument. 

Try again.

Edited by Majesty, November 17, 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#40 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,839 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:19 PM

He's racking up points off of putbacks, broken plays and some decent PG play.  So Hill is creating in the post now? Hitting midrange jumpers? He isn't putting any pressure on anyone's defense to react. 

I like Hill I want to keep him but you sound like his agent is going to sound this offseason when they come asking for a new deal. 

FYI the only people that take less shots than Jordan Hill on this "terrible offensive team that needs him to shoot so much" Lakers team are Ryan Kelly, Robert Sacre, Shawe Williams and Elias Harris.  Everyone else shoots more than him.

So there goes that argument. 

Try again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users