Photo

Jordan Hill Discussion - Hill will not return if things stay the same with the Lakers (Pg. 18)

• Please log in to reply
504 replies to this topic

#1 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,515 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:23 PM

This is not an overreaction thread. Seriously. We all know what he brings in, night in and night out - consistently strong defense, rebounding, and hustle. It's a given.

Ever since he's been inserted to the starting line up he has given us a huge boost on offense. His post game appears to be developing well. He can shoot jumpers and make that baby hook. Heck his offensive repertoire is now looking better than Howard's.

Of course his health is an issue... but we took a risk with Bynum and Howard.

Jordan Hill deserves to be with us (we're the only team that gave him a chance), and if he continues working hard, he could be an all star. Especially with Kobe' leadership.

I pray that he is not another Ariza to leave us... certainly not to the Miami Heat...

Jordan Hill's contract is up after this season.

Edited by Jackson, November 17, 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,994 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:27 PM

^_^

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#3 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,462 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:29 PM

This is not an overreaction thread. Seriously. We all know what he brings in, night in and night out - consistently strong defense, rebounding, and hustle. It's a given.

Ever since he's been inserted to the starting line up he has given us a huge boost on offense. His post game appears to be developing well. He can shoot jumpers and make that baby hook. Heck his offensive repertoire is now looking better than Howard's.

Of course his health is an issue... but we took a risk with Bynum and Howard.

Jordan Hill deserves to be with us (we're the only team that gave him a chance), and if he continues working hard, he could be an all star. Especially with Kobe' leadership.

I pray that he is not another Ariza to leave us... certainly not to the Miami Heat...

Jordan Hill's contract is up after this season.

LMFAO, that wasn't an overreaction? Sorry but Kobe isn't a god. He can't make solid players all stars. I don't think any player can. He's a good player but that's all I ever see him being. 

Edited by Harry Styles, November 18, 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#4 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,564 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:29 PM

I'd give him 7-8 million max but knowing how alot of the teams in the NBA like to kill the Lakers, he'll probably get 10-12 million from a team like the Suns or Celtics.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#5 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:36 PM

It is because he is standing out now that some desperate team will overpay him and the Lakers FO won't want to match a ridiculous sum either. I like the guy for his tenacity and rebounding, but he is not worth over 10 million a year. Plus injury concerns always loom with him.

#6 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,930 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:37 PM

He's good on a reasonable deal. But if he keeps this up some idiotic team will probably overpay him and we'll lose him

#7 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,515 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:38 PM

LMFAO, that wasn't an overreaction? Sorry but Kobe isn't a god. He can't make solid players all stars. I don't think any player. He's a good player but that's all I ever see him being. 

Well, If I said Kobe WILL turn him into an All Star it would have been an over-reaction...

You take things too bluntly. Anyways, this is not a Kobe thread. If you want to debate with me about Kobe Bryant, feel free to private message me.

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,994 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:39 PM

LMFAO, that wasn't an overreaction? Sorry but Kobe isn't a god. He can't make solid players all stars. I don't think any player. He's a good player but that's all I ever see him being. 

You realize he's a 16/12 guy easily right? 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#9 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,499 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:40 PM

Hill won't get more than $8 million, I'm pretty sure. That's nearly trippled what he makes now. That's a drastic increase GM's will have a hard time getting to when it's all said and done.

#10 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,564 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:40 PM

Just like Earl Grant...

Dude was garbage before than had a breakout year and Cleveland decided to throw money his way.  Now he's just mediocre again.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#11 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,564 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hill won't get more than $8 million, I'm pretty sure. That's nearly trippled what he makes now. That's a drastic increase GM's will have a hard time getting to when it's all said and done.

I can see him getting 10+ because next year's free agent class lacks valuable Centers and Power Forwards outside of Bosh and Gortat.  The rest such as Monroe and stuff are restricted.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#12 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,801 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:42 PM

You can't have your cake and eat it too.  I want to resign Hill as well but guys would rather throw Melo 23M a year next year.  Not giving us much room to have depth.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#13 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,515 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:43 PM

They over paid for Asik... they over paid for Javale Mcgee... They over paid for Brandon Haywood...

#14 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:44 PM

Whatever. I'm just going to enjoy watching him play for us. I just hope management makes a smart move at the trade deadline.

#15 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,499 posts
  • Name:Matt

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:45 PM

Whatever. I'm just going to enjoy watching him play for us. I just hope management makes a smart move at the trade deadline.

If it's available. Otherwise, Hill is a perfect piece to have moving forward.

#16 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:46 PM

You can't have your cake and eat it too. I want to resign Hill as well but guys would rather throw Melo 23M a year next year. Not giving us much room to have depth.

Didn't you just say earlier today that hill isn't going to get paid that much? I said he'd get an expensive contract. Funny how some opinions change after a few hours.

#17 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,515 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:47 PM

Just like Earl Grant...

Dude was garbage before than had a breakout year and Cleveland decided to throw money his way.  Now he's just mediocre again.

I agree. You have a point.

But the thing about Hill, is that he's been giving us hustle, rebounding, and defense ever since he got here - 2 years ago.

His offensive game has surprised everyone.

And Btw, it was Earl Clark, not Earl Grant.

Edited by Jackson, November 17, 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#18 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,986 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:48 PM

We do have his bird rights, so we can go into the lux tax to keep him and we should obviously do that. His cap hold is 6.6 million so he wont make it that difficult to sign FAs.

I'm not sure if we can give him an extension during the season? Does anyone know? If we can we should try.

The problem is that Hill never really got paid in his career and is probably going to be seeking the best possible deal and some teams could overpay. 

Another option is to trade him. If you know  that you're not going to be able to offer him the same as other teams will, i think you should look at possible trades. The value of Hill at this point (as well as Blake, Meeks, Johnson, Henry, Farmar) is at an all time high. 

#19 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:51 PM

His offensive game has surprised everyone.

Not me. He's been doing the same thing since he got here. Just finally getting the chance to stuff that stat sheet. He has a nice go-to spin jump hook and can hit most of his shots within the free throw line. Nothing fancy, just a very hard worker and has so much talent at rebound positioning.

#20 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,515 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 10:01 PM

The season has a long way to go. Plus we have three months left until the trade deadline. Hopefully he continues to improve and makes his presence felt and we win more games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users