Photo

Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90)

• Please log in to reply
1900 replies to this topic

Poll: Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90) (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Carmelo Anthony Be Traded This Season

1. Yes (22 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. Voted No (26 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1761 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,393 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted March 26, 2014 - 04:03 PM

Melo isn't worthed the max
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#1762 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,377 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 27, 2014 - 01:47 PM

I’m troubled by Melo’s reaction to this drubbing. I suspect he’s already checked out of NY #HereHeComesThibs

BjocuklCEAA7qoI.png

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1763 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,377 posts

Posted March 28, 2014 - 09:10 PM

1. Carmelo Anthony has played 40 minutes and is in with 6 min. left in the 4th quarter of a game where Knicks are down 30 to the Suns #Coaching

Edited by Majesty, March 28, 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#1764 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,377 posts

Posted March 29, 2014 - 07:17 PM

Atlanta lost tonight.  This means had the Knicks won their game last night they'd be the 8th seed right now. Hah. 

#1765 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,837 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 29, 2014 - 07:30 PM

Still don't see Melo going to bulls, star player who can't stay healthy and their second best player is a super active 5 which isn't bad, but how did having an active 5 in NY help him?

In houston don't see that working out, both melo and harden dominate the ball. On top of this would only be a matter of time until dwight complains about touches. Also what money do they have to give him anyway?

Melo still has no clear place to go. There is no golden team for him. There is no situation for him to walk into and become a contender. His choice really is gonna come down to preference imo not the team that is obviously the best place to go win, because the teams on the table right now there isn't a clear cut winner there.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#1766 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,401 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:33 AM

Melo is perfect for the Bulls.

#1767 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,009 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted March 30, 2014 - 09:41 AM

Don't even have to look at it as what is best for Melo, but rather it would benefit and give longevity to Rose's career if they add Melo.

#1768 dakidblu

dakidblu

Rookie

• 324 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Fisher Lamar

Posted March 30, 2014 - 07:44 PM

If houston is gonnna try to clear space for melo then they are probably gonna make a run at bron too. Going from wade and bosh to harden and dwight doesn't sound bad lol. Would be really bad for us thought.

#1769 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,377 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:20 PM

If houston is gonnna try to clear space for melo then they are probably gonna make a run at bron too. Going from wade and bosh to harden and dwight doesn't sound bad lol. Would be really bad for us thought.

Honestly Houston would be smart to just play out next year and make a run at Love in 2015. 

#1770 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,009 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:23 PM

Honestly Houston would be smart to just play out next year and make a run at Love in 2015. 

I can see Noah and Love coexisting, but I can't see the same scenario with Howard or Love. Can the case be made?

#1771 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,377 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:50 PM

I can see Noah and Love coexisting, but I can't see the same scenario with Howard or Love. Can the case be made?

Dwight would make up for Love's defensive issues, Love is also a stretch 4 and wouldn't get in the way of what Harden or such wanted to do.  He'd pretty much fit in the way a Ryan Anderson would fit in except with the ability, rebounding, hustle along with his scoring.  

Harden, Kevin Love, Dwight Howard fit almost perfectly with each other.   He'd fit them better than Carmelo I'll say that much.  Wouldn't be surprised if this "Houston for Melo" is a smokescreen and they really wind up offering them Lin and Asik as they head for full rebuild mode. 

#1772 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,907 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 31, 2014 - 07:42 AM

I seriously doubt Lebron wants that. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1773 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,488 posts

Posted April 01, 2014 - 01:04 AM

Damn, that team would be difficult to stop.

I dont think Lebron would do that, though. It would be too much of a slap in the face of both Miami as well as Wade and Bosh - just replacing them with Harden and Dwight. That said, i'm not sure he's staying in Miami either.

#1774 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,907 posts

Posted April 01, 2014 - 09:16 AM

Lebron has like 30 options.  Nothing is going to move via free agency until his decision is made.  I honestly don't see him leaving Miami.  They have the ability to retool around him.  Miami mainly just need to update their role players.  Ray Allen, Battier and Haslem can be upgraded.   Ben Gordon, Matrix, Granger, Fransisco Garcia, Brandon Rush and a few big men out there that can be had for the MMLE and vet minimums.  Miami's real issue isn't Wade's health it's that their support is starting to look their age. 

Damn, that team would be difficult to stop.

I dont think Lebron would do that, though. It would be too much of a slap in the face of both Miami as well as Wade and Bosh - just replacing them with Harden and Dwight. That said, i'm not sure he's staying in Miami either.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1775 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,488 posts

Posted April 01, 2014 - 11:32 AM

Lebron has like 30 options.  Nothing is going to move via free agency until his decision is made.  I honestly don't see him leaving Miami.  They have the ability to retool around him.  Miami mainly just need to update their role players.  Ray Allen, Battier and Haslem can be upgraded.   Ben Gordon, Matrix, Granger, Fransisco Garcia, Brandon Rush and a few big men out there that can be had for the MMLE and vet minimums.  Miami's real issue isn't Wade's health it's that their support is starting to look their age. 

I dont know, man. They're in a pretty tough spot. Going into next season Bosh, Wade and Lebron takes up a combined 61 million. Then there's guaranteed deals to Haslem, Anderson and Cole, which takes them to the luxury tax threshold at about 70 million.

Battier is gone and i'm not sure if Allen, Chalmers, Beasley and Oden are coming back either at the price the Heat are willing to pay. And those guys you mention - maybe they get Granger since he's probably pissed off at the Pacers, but other than that, i'm not sure who they'd be able to get. They have to work hard just to put a team on the floor that can match this year's team. 

I think they'll keep the roster intact if they win. If not, i think everything is up in the air. 

#1776 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,907 posts

Posted April 01, 2014 - 12:26 PM

Who knows, maybe the other 2 opt out for lesser yearly but good long term deals.  I know Lebron isn't taking any shorts.  He is a big enough star that he has unlimited options on the market though.  I'd still resign if I were him.  Not really anywhere he can go that is going to just win overnight. Talent wise outside of going to Houston or Chicago there really isn't a team out there that is going to give him the talent AND experience to contend.  I just don't see him "joining" up anymore. 

I dont know, man. They're in a pretty tough spot. Going into next season Bosh, Wade and Lebron takes up a combined 61 million. Then there's guaranteed deals to Haslem, Anderson and Cole, which takes them to the luxury tax threshold at about 70 million.

Battier is gone and i'm not sure if Allen, Chalmers, Beasley and Oden are coming back either at the price the Heat are willing to pay. And those guys you mention - maybe they get Granger since he's probably pissed off at the Pacers, but other than that, i'm not sure who they'd be able to get. They have to work hard just to put a team on the floor that can match this year's team. 

I think they'll keep the roster intact if they win. If not, i think everything is up in the air. 

#1777 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,339 posts

Posted April 01, 2014 - 09:17 PM

LeBron can go to plenty of teams and contend instantly.

Suns=Contending

Pelicans=Contending

Lakers=Contending

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#1778 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,377 posts

Posted April 02, 2014 - 04:51 PM

BkMxt3gCEAAqvz6.jpg

#1779 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,393 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted April 02, 2014 - 04:58 PM

Its obvious lebron would be a laker...
I pray for melo to the bulls, so he wont be a Laker
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#1780 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,706 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 02, 2014 - 08:05 PM

Miami = contending

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users