Photo

Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90)

• Please log in to reply
1900 replies to this topic

Poll: Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90) (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Carmelo Anthony Be Traded This Season

1. Yes (22 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. Voted No (26 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1361 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted February 09, 2014 - 02:09 AM

I can't really think of any instances in NBA history where an owner has asked a player about coaching management and had the situation got better. Woodson wasn't really the problem for the Knicks last year, it's been their poorly constructed and injury ridden lineup. This year is no different, J.R. is drowned in knee problems and they're asking Amare to be a top scoring option.

Melo ain't staying. I still don't really want him here, but I probably won't complain much if it means MDA being gone and a new star in LA. Melo will definitely not play for MDA, and our management knows that. Still, I'd rather wait for Love or anyone else in 2015.

#1362 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,795 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 09, 2014 - 10:44 AM

Melo may stay, we really don't know.  The last thing anyone needs to think that just leaving NY guarantees him a better situation in regards to contending.  Every option available right now is a rebuilding one.  So he has the option to leave and rebuild with lesser money and a front office that probably won't bend and break for him or he can stay in NY and hope the team makes a splash in 2015. 

Lakers and Mavs are the only 2 teams with the space to sign him outright.  Bulls, Celtics and Rockets all have pieces and enough space to make a sign and trade if the Knicks feel they cannot retain him.  If he had any real sense he'd try to make his way to Boston.  He'd already have Rondo in the fold which is the perfect PG for him, great front office and probably enough cap room left to add solid pieces to that duo. 

I can't really think of any instances in NBA history where an owner has asked a player about coaching management and had the situation got better. Woodson wasn't really the problem for the Knicks last year, it's been their poorly constructed and injury ridden lineup. This year is no different, J.R. is drowned in knee problems and they're asking Amare to be a top scoring option.

Melo ain't staying. I still don't really want him here, but I probably won't complain much if it means MDA being gone and a new star in LA. Melo will definitely not play for MDA, and our management knows that. Still, I'd rather wait for Love or anyone else in 2015.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1363 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,519 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 02:29 PM

His career average in the playoffs is 42% shooting. Don't want to pay max for that. Pass.

Average players following Melo to the Knicks. Cool story bro. What is so special about?

What's Love playoffs shooting % looking like? I'm about to have 6 full glorious years of information that having Love as your main guy will lead you nowhere. Let alone take your team to the playoffs.

NBA Exec: “Felton is the worst starting point guard in the NBA,” one NBA executive, whose team recently played the Knicks, told SNY.tv. “I’d take 10 college point guards and about 30 NBA backups over him right now.”

Oh, wow. Melo has the worst PG in the league. Surprising.

There he goes mentioning the Mavs again. Like they even have a 1% chance at getting Melo. I'm surprised you would even mention them considering that Dirk is 35 and he is no longer "good enough" to get anybody to join him. Because all the best players fall off the NBA map after they turn 32. Damn, how is Dirk doing it? I'll send Dirk the memo. If he went there it must be for Monta Ellis.

Celtics biggest FA in recent years is Sam Cassell. Nobody wants to play in Boston, unless they are forced to go there in a trade. They only have a "great front office" because they fleeced that dope GM Billy King who also took on the that horrible contract on Joe Johnson, and helped the Atlanta Hawks rebuild. Great at helping other teams rebuild, that Billy King is.

Lakers are getting Love & Durant, if we don't sign Melo. Keep telling people that so they will think Lakers are even more delusional than they already are. It's also clear that some people have clearly moved on from bringing Kobe a 6th ring. They want to send him out a loser, and not even give him a chance at competing.

All these Love stans should go watch the Timberwolves if they LOVE him so much.

*Jody has a strange fascination with mentioning jocks & dicks in his posting. I suggest other men that aren't into that stuff stay away from him if he ever approaches you. He sounds kind of fruity...not that there's anything wrong with that*

Edited by Mooninite, February 09, 2014 - 02:32 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#1364 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,499 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 09, 2014 - 02:42 PM

You love Melo. We get it.

#1365 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,894 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 09, 2014 - 04:30 PM

What's Love playoffs shooting % looking like? I'm about to have 6 full glorious years of information that having Love as your main guy will lead you nowhere. Let alone take your team to the playoffs.

NBA Exec: “Felton is the worst starting point guard in the NBA,” one NBA executive, whose team recently played the Knicks, told SNY.tv. “I’d take 10 college point guards and about 30 NBA backups over him right now.”

There he goes mentioning the Mavs again. Like they even have a 1% chance at getting Melo. I'm surprised you would even mention them considering that Dirk is 35 and he is no longer "good enough" to get anybody to join him. Because all the best players fall off the NBA map after they turn 32. Damn, how is Dirk doing it? I'll send Dirk the memo. If he went there it must be for Monta Ellis.

Celtics biggest FA in recent years is Sam Cassell. Nobody wants to play in Boston, unless they are forced to go there in a trade. They only have a "great front office" because they fleeced that dope GM Billy King who also took on the that horrible contract on Joe Johnson, and helped the Atlanta Hawks rebuild. Great at helping other teams rebuild, that Billy King is.

Lakers are getting Love & Durant, if we don't sign Melo. Keep telling people that so they will think Lakers are even more delusional than they already are. It's also clear that some people have clearly moved on from bringing Kobe a 6th ring. They want to send him out a loser, and not even give him a chance at competing.

*Jody has a strange fascination with mentioning jocks & dicks in his posting. I suggest other men that aren't into that stuff stay away from him if he ever approaches you. He sounds kind of fruity...not that there's anything wrong with that*

I don't want Love as the main option either so i dont get what you are saying. But Id rather have Love than Melo.

Love: 25/13/4 on 45% shooting

Melo: 27/8/3 on 45% shooting

FYi, Durant murked Melo and the Knicks. Melo isn't on Durant's level.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#1366 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,795 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 09:55 AM

It's weird that people think you hate on Melo b/c you don't consider him on the level of the elite players.  There is nothing wrong with being a 2nd tier star.  Which is what he is.  Problem is the media wants him to be among the level of his peers like Lebron, Kobe and KD and he isn't and never will be.  He's a Paul Pierce prime tier guy and there is nothing bad about that. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1367 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,795 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 09:57 AM

I ignored about 80 percent of your post.  If you are so sure the Lakers will get Love and Durant if they dont get Melo wouldn't it make the most sense to skip Melo if you think you can get an elite player and a 2nd tier star that will be younger instead?  No?

• 40,603 posts

Posted February 11, 2014 - 02:31 AM

Kenny, Chuck and Shaq discuss the possibility of Melo going to the Bulls.

yo.

• 40,603 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 05:24 PM

Melo's College Coach Legend Jim Boeheim Thinks Carmelo Should Leave Knicks

yo.

#1370 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,457 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted February 14, 2014 - 11:13 AM

LINK

Melo on Sportscenter: "I want to win a championship. If I have to become a free agent in order to do that, then that's what I have to do.

LINK

Melo also intimated that money wouldn't be the most important factor: "I've made plenty of money, enough that I could retire right now..."

Posted Image

#1371 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,459 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 14, 2014 - 11:19 AM

Now I think I want Melo

Hope he takes a little less even 5 years 75 million
Or 4 years 60 or whatever

Considering Marshall, Kobe, Wes, Kelly, best available defensive bigs and Nick and Farmar are here.
And our draft pick or whatever star a lottery player could land us.

#1372 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,457 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 11:35 AM

LINK

Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony said "he knows for a fact that I'm not being traded" by the trade deadline.

Posted Image

#1373 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,457 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 11:38 AM

LINK

At media day, Carmelo Anthony told reporters that he knows for a fact that he's not being dealt prior to the Feb. 20 trade deadline.

Posted Image

#1374 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,457 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 11:47 AM

LINK

Melo said he would take less to stay in New York for cap.

Posted Image

#1375 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,457 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 11:52 AM

LINK

Melo says he still wants to retire a Knick and his first priority is to stay.

Posted Image

#1376 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,795 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 12:10 PM

I don't care where he goes just not in a Lakers uni lol

#1377 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,082 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 12:22 PM

The Knicks are such a mess. Even if Melo stays they're in a lot of trouble next season.

Look: http://hoopshype.com...es/new_york.htm

Nearly every terrible contract they have is untradable except maybe Tyson Chandler since he actually brings value to a team and it expires anyways. 

#1378 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,043 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 12:23 PM

If we get Wiggins or Parker i wouldn't want Melo ...

#1379 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,457 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 12:28 PM

The Knicks are such a mess. Even if Melo stays they're in a lot of trouble next season.

Look: http://hoopshype.com...es/new_york.htm

Nearly every terrible contract they have is untradable except maybe Tyson Chandler since he actually brings value to a team and it expires anyways. 

All expiring contracts.  You can perhaps trade Amar'e for some pieces to a team let's just throw one out in the Bucks take some pieces so they can tank again and rebuild through the free agency and draft now cause Amar'e would be on the team as an expiring contract to give the Bucks cap room.  Same can go for Bargani if a team that plans on tanking and wants more cap space and wants to cut loose some good players because there plan is rebuilding it can work.  It be very difficult but it could work.  [expletive] it worked even us the Los Angeles Lakers in trading Kwame Brown an expiring contract for Pau Gasol so you never know.

Edited by magicbalala245, February 14, 2014 - 12:34 PM.

Posted Image

#1380 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,967 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 14, 2014 - 03:34 PM

This to me says it all 

Melo on Sportscenter: "I want to win a championship. If I have to become a free agent in order to do that, then that's what I have to do.

Melo also intimated that money wouldn't be the most important factor: "I've made plenty of money, enough that I could retire right now..."

That means despite him saying that he would like to retire a Knick as his FIRST option he's realistic and he WOULD indeed take a pay cut to be on a contender. 

He's gone.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users