Photo

Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90)

• Please log in to reply
1900 replies to this topic

Poll: Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90) (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Carmelo Anthony Be Traded This Season

1. Yes (22 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. Voted No (26 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1341 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 05, 2014 - 08:42 AM

Yes, Melo in two years won't be attractive for other players, but Love who can never make the playoffs will be super attractive to other players. Melo can easily attract other players to come play for him in two years. He is a superstar that never misses the playoffs. All his teammates, coaches only talk great thing about Melo as a player. J. R. Smith and Kenyon Martin even followed him to the Knicks. It's funny that the best player in the game LeBron would love to play with Melo,  and remember Melo in which he will be 31 the year that Love comes on the FA market will still be attractive, and when Love joins him on the Knicks in 2015 Melo should thank God that he didn't turn 32 yet because he wouldn't be still "good enough" and still "attractive" to Love or other FA.

Melo only real options have been between the Lakers & Knicks, but people kept saying that he was going to other teams. Someone even mention the Mavs. dead

Lol Jr Smith and Kenyon Martin....yea sure want guys like that on the Lakers lol.

#1342 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,504 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 05, 2014 - 10:16 AM

Had I read that deep into that post I wouldn't have responded smh

Lol Jr Smith and Kenyon Martin....yea sure want guys like that on the Lakers lol.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1343 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,106 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 05, 2014 - 10:21 AM

Found this and thought this was crazy.

http://thunderousint...tyson-chandler/
Posted Image

#1344 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,504 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 10:34 AM

Ehh...wouldn't give that much thought at all.

Found this and thought this was crazy.

http://thunderousint...tyson-chandler/

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1345 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,582 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted February 05, 2014 - 12:42 PM

Lala Explains How She Handles Carmelo’s Groupies

“They always get too close. I just think that’s how some girls can be,” LaLa explained to Bravo’s Andy Cohen. “As long as it’s respectful, I can deal with it.”

LaLa doesn’t have a problem with her NBA hubby, Carmelo Anthony, taking trips to the strip club either.

“I don’t want him to be a regular guest,” she clarified. “Guys…that’s what they do. I don’t really have a problem with it.”

“There’s a line of you going too far,” she said about women who try her. “I definitely let them know.

8f54ce1d.jpg

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2014/01/lala-explains-how-she-handles-carmelos-groupies/#l4EfcvxfHTbBCWzK.99

I never understood why so many of my friends who are women have found Melo so attractive.

#1346 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,296 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 09:19 AM

1. If Melo is a black hole on offense, he not only sucks in the ball, but the defense too. Few players attract as much defensive attention as Melo, and that obviously frees space for his floormates.

2. Most opponents guard Melo with their best wing defender. That means Melo’s teammates are guarded by relatively lesser defenders.

3. Every time the shot clock is on the verge on expiring – a common occurrence for even the best-run offenses – the Knicks try to get the ball to Melo. As they should. He’s more likely to score in those situations than any other Knick. By accepting all those necessary low-efficiency shots, Melo protects the efficiency of his teammates.

Per Synergy, Melo's passes to spot-up shooters out of double-teams have led to an 77.3% effective field-goal rate -- best in the NBA.

Anthony’s teammates shoot 47.6% (126-of-264) after receiving one of his passes, much better than their 43.4% (1,203-of-2,772) mark in other situations.

image14.png

Effective field-goal percentages compare for all 11, with Melo on (orange) and off (blue)

Everytime people call Melo a blackhole. It's CLEAR AS DAY that they never watch the Knicks. Keep reading your bleacher reports.

The year before Anthony joined the Nuggets, they ranked dead last in the N.B.A. in offensive efficiency (points scored per possession) on their way to winning just 17 games. But their offensive efficiently ranking shot up to 8th in the league in Anthony’s rookie season and has remained roughly at that level since.

These effects produce a profound increase in the efficiency of Anthony’s supporting cast when he is on the floor. In the 135 games that he played with the Nuggets, for instance, Allen Iverson’s True Shooting Percentage was 55.9 percent – much better than the 51.2 TS% that Iverson, a notoriously inefficient shooter, posted outside of Denver over the course of his career.

In fact, this is true of almost every Nugget who has played a sufficient number of minutes with Anthony. I identified 16 players who have accumulated least 2,000 minutes with the Nuggets in years when Anthony was on the team, and have also played at least 2,000 minutes in the N.B.A. without Anthony (either because they were playing for a different team or because they were on the Nuggets before Anthony’s rookie season). All but 2 of the players – Marcus Camby and Voshon Lenard – posted a higher TS% playing with Anthony than without him, and on average, he improved his teammates’ TS% by 3.8 points (to 55.0 percent from 51.2 percent).

The effect of a player who improves the rest of his team’s TS% by 3.8 points is extremely substantial: it is works out to their scoring about 5 or 5.5 additional points per game solely on the basis of this efficiency gain. That, in turn, translates into about 15 additional wins per season for an average team, according to a commonly-used formula. This is how Anthony creates most of his value — not in the shots he takes himself, but in the ones he creates for his teammates – and some of the “advanced” formulas completely miss it.

Two great articles to shoot down the haters. :clap2:

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#1347 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,296 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 09:32 AM

Had I read that deep into that post I wouldn't have responded smh

Coming from the person that wants to trade for Boozer, and completely destroy any chance at LeBron.

smh X 1,000,000,000,000

Edited by Mooninite, February 06, 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#1348 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,296 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 09:34 AM

They had plenty of options to go to any other teams when they came back from China. They followed Melo to the Knicks. No one said anything about them coming to the Lakers with Melo.

Edited by Mooninite, February 06, 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#1349 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,296 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 09:43 AM

Statements like this lead me to believe guys just watch ESPN all day. We've seen Love drop 45 and 19 in games where the team lost.  Keyword TEAM.  Melo in 2 years will be 32 years old and probably ringless.  Who is going to be available in 2 years for him?  If you have Melo you can discount any other wing like KD due to fit.  May have a crack at Marc Gasol.  Signing Melo in LA would just be a stupid idea that will leave this team in purgatory just like the Knicks are.

Don't even watch ESPN.

What does Melo age have to do with anything...Melo game is perfect for any age. I didn't know Melo was flying into the paint dunking all game, and he was going to lose all his super elite athleticism that he never even had. His game is built on strength. The Knicks have been [expletive] for years, and yes, if Melo stays on the Knicks only for the money he could end his career ringless. Don't worry Love will be joining him in the ringless club. He can't even carry his TEAM into the playoffs.

That's funny you think KD is actually going to even leave the Thunder. He is going to be a lifer in OKC. I'm still waiting for Melo to not be "good enough" to bring in any talent around. I didn't know he was going fall of the face of the earth when he turn 32. You do know the Knicks with Melo can easily go after Love. You must think he is a lock for the Lakers.

You just said a few pages back that you wouldn't even mind having Melo on the team. Now you go to not even wanting him on the team period. That makes a lot of sense. What changed your opinion in just a few pages?

Edited by Mooninite, February 06, 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#1350 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,504 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 11:15 AM

I never actually said that.  I've said numerous times before if the opportunity was there Melo being here would block that plus any other great swing man that could be available.  You can continue to ride his jock all you want.  We have 11 years of evidence that if Melo is your most effective player you aren't going to get far.  If Melo comes here he will still be ringless.  It's obvious you are just a Melo fan that can't discern facts about his game. 

Also read my full statements.  I said I wouldn't mind Melo at well below his market value.  You should go read my post history.  I've been consistent on him, paying Melo 22M+ for the next 4 years while this team is rebuilding would be a horrible idea for him and for the organization. 

Don't even watch ESPN.

What does Melo age have to do with anything...Melo game is perfect for any age. I didn't know Melo was flying into the paint dunking all game, and he was going to lose all his super elite athleticism that he never even had. His game is built on strength. The Knicks have been [expletive] for years, and yes, if Melo stays on the Knicks only for the money he could end his career ringless. Don't worry Love will be joining him in the ringless club. He can't even carry his TEAM into the playoffs.

That's funny you think KD is actually going to even leave the Thunder. He is going to be a lifer in OKC. I'm still waiting for Melo to not be "good enough" to bring in any talent around. I didn't know he was going fall of the face of the earth when he turn 32. You do know the Knicks with Melo can easily go after Love. You must think he is a lock for the Lakers.

You just said a few pages back that you wouldn't even mind having Melo on the team. Now you go to not even wanting him on the team period. That makes a lot of sense. What changed your opinion in just a few pages?

#1351 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 06, 2014 - 11:16 AM

1. If Melo is a black hole on offense, he not only sucks in the ball, but the defense too. Few players attract as much defensive attention as Melo, and that obviously frees space for his floormates.

2. Most opponents guard Melo with their best wing defender. That means Melo’s teammates are guarded by relatively lesser defenders.

3. Every time the shot clock is on the verge on expiring – a common occurrence for even the best-run offenses – the Knicks try to get the ball to Melo. As they should. He’s more likely to score in those situations than any other Knick. By accepting all those necessary low-efficiency shots, Melo protects the efficiency of his teammates.

image14.png

Effective field-goal percentages compare for all 11, with Melo on (orange) and off (blue)

Everytime people call Melo a blackhole. It's CLEAR AS DAY that they never watch the Knicks. Keep reading your bleacher reports.

Two great articles to shoot down the haters. :clap2:

His career average in the playoffs is 42% shooting. Don't want to pay max for that. Pass.

They had plenty of options to go to any other teams when they came back from China. They followed Melo to the Knicks. No one said anything about them coming to the Lakers with Melo.

Average players following Melo to the Knicks. Cool story bro. What is so special about?

Edited by LakeShow805, February 06, 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#1352 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,504 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 11:33 AM

Don't waste your time man lol

His career average in the playoffs is 42% shooting. Don't want to pay max for that. Pass.

Average players following Melo to the Knicks. Cool story bro. What is so special about?

• 40,385 posts

Posted February 07, 2014 - 12:35 AM

Report: James Dolan Asked Carmelo if Woodson Should Be Fired

pacers-knicks-basketball.jpg

Kenny Smith on Trading Chandler and Melo

Edited by    , February 07, 2014 - 02:27 PM.

yo.

#1354 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,741 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 07, 2014 - 01:45 PM

Carmen?

#1355 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,988 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted February 07, 2014 - 01:47 PM

Just hand the keys of the franchise to him already if you're giving him that kind of power....

#1356 Legendary834

Legendary834

Immortal

• 121 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 07, 2014 - 02:23 PM

So I'm guessing the next step is for Melo to have a hour long special on his decision.

• 40,385 posts

Posted February 07, 2014 - 02:26 PM

yo.

#1358 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,122 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 07, 2014 - 02:39 PM

So I'm guessing the next step is for Melo to have a hour long special on his decision.

Carmelo: "This is a very tough decision..but I think Woodson should take his talents to the Dleague, and I shall be taking mine to the Lakers, thank you."  

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1359 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,872 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted February 08, 2014 - 09:29 AM

923097_669125719796966_2050902201_n.jpg

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#1360 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,310 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted February 08, 2014 - 10:42 PM

lol...going to strip clubs........doesn't sound like he is faithful.

If he only goes to watch there is nothing wrong with that.
I do it even if my girl hates it
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)