Photo

Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90)

• Please log in to reply
1900 replies to this topic

Poll: Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90) (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Carmelo Anthony Be Traded This Season

1. Yes (22 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. Voted No (26 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1321 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,196 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 29, 2014 - 04:12 PM

Carmelo just said that Chicago isn't even on his mind as a destination.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#1322 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,458 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted January 29, 2014 - 11:29 PM

Carmelo just said that Chicago isn't even on his mind as a destination.

You got a link?

Posted Image

#1323 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,866 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 29, 2014 - 11:48 PM

I have a huge problem with this mentality of a 11 year vet.  If you think that what it takes for an 11 year vet thats been celebrated as a star player since day one to play defense I don't know what to tell you.  Also what will it take to fix Kobe's horrific defense?  The whole he can "do it if he wants to" is BS.  If he could he should if he isnt and can then thats not a player you want if you plan on playing for championships.

Many people don't realise that Melo is actualy not that bad on defense, when he wants to be. He is lazy though in NY.

But do you think that on a team full of young guys playing with a chip on their shoulder, and Kobe running things, that he would still play half-assed on Defense? He wouldn't he would give it his all.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1324 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,866 posts

Posted January 29, 2014 - 11:50 PM

Signing Kevin Love doesn't mean you have to win now.  He's still much younger than Melo and you can put future pieces with him going forward.  Melo at the age of 30 you are locked in at least til Kobe's contract is up plus even then you lock yourself out of the scoring wing market.  Melo isn't good enough to where in 2 years he's the attractive piece to entice guys to come win a ring. 

If the Lakers believe some way or the other they can build a contender next year, then i don't see why Melo can't be a priority over Love.

But having both Melo and Kobe means that you need a good defensive team, same goes to Love even though he's younger than Anthony. Its a matter of how you value next year.

Been months now, but Kobe's new contract makes it harder for team to bounce back.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1325 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,196 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 12:04 AM

You got a link?

Has Carmelo Anthony been thinking about joining Bulls? ‘Not at all’

http://www.suntimes....not-at-all.html

Edited by Majesty, January 30, 2014 - 12:04 AM.

#1326 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,866 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 12:06 AM

Kind of one of those situations where what was he supposed to say?

Has Carmelo Anthony been thinking about joining Bulls? ‘Not at all’

http://www.suntimes....not-at-all.html

#1327 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 30, 2014 - 10:32 AM

Kind of one of those situations where what was he supposed to say?

I would say the same thing but when asked about the Lakers a while back, he said he doesn't know yet but would have to think about (something along the lines of that).

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#1328 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,458 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 02:09 PM

This is an ESPN Insider article but nonetheless here is the only short excerpt from his article related to Carmelo

It's not unanimous, but most executives I spoke with think Chicago will go after Carmelo Anthony in free agency. Some are completely convinced of it.

If the Bulls amnesty Carlos Boozer, and trade Taj Gibson, they'll have the room to offer Melo the max. One executive said the Bulls' decision on whether to chase Melo will be based on how soon they think they can bring Euro sensation Nikola Mirotic to the States and how good they believe he'll be once he gets here.

"Do they think Mirotic is worth a $5 million to $6 million contract, or do they go after Melo?'' one GM said. "Mirotic is an above-average NBA starter right now. But at the end of the day, I think they'll go after Melo."

Read More

Edited by magicbalala245, January 30, 2014 - 02:11 PM.

Posted Image

#1329 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,196 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 10:44 PM

Why does Broussard start every statement he makes with some form of "Now I can't say this for sure...but" 

• 40,604 posts

Posted January 31, 2014 - 01:38 AM

Lala Explains How She Handles Carmelo’s Groupies

“They always get too close. I just think that’s how some girls can be,” LaLa explained to Bravo’s Andy Cohen. “As long as it’s respectful, I can deal with it.”

LaLa doesn’t have a problem with her NBA hubby, Carmelo Anthony, taking trips to the strip club either.

“I don’t want him to be a regular guest,” she clarified. “Guys…that’s what they do. I don’t really have a problem with it.”

“There’s a line of you going too far,” she said about women who try her. “I definitely let them know.

8f54ce1d.jpg

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2014/01/lala-explains-how-she-handles-carmelos-groupies/#l4EfcvxfHTbBCWzK.99

yo.

#1331 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,196 posts

Posted January 31, 2014 - 02:21 AM

Sounds like they trust each other.  that's a great sign. 

#1332 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,275 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 31, 2014 - 03:32 AM

Sounds like they trust each other. that's a great sign.

What the hell? Are you a marriage counselor or something?

#1333 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,866 posts

Posted January 31, 2014 - 05:42 AM

"Such and such team is targeting so and so".  Means nothing.  Every team looking to get better is going explore a star player for their team.   Melo has options this much we do know.  Honestly his best option is NY.  They will have cap in 2015 and he can get paid and maybe see if they can grab a few decent guys.  

#1334 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 31, 2014 - 09:00 AM

lol...going to strip clubs........doesn't sound like he is faithful.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#1335 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,458 posts

Posted January 31, 2014 - 02:29 PM

How ironic would it be. Bulls trying to get Carmelo need to dump Boozer via amnesty and trade Gibson and reportedly Lakers are one of the 3 teams interested in Taj Gibson lol

Edited by magicbalala245, January 31, 2014 - 10:42 PM.

Posted Image

#1336 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 31, 2014 - 06:02 PM

^^^ I saw the rumors as well, but if we are trying to cut salary Idk why we would do that unless we are unloading pau somehow.

I can see the bulls have a plan to get Melo, still dont think they have a chance. For the simple fact him going there doesn't put a team together that can contend for a title with the heat and pacers in the east.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, January 31, 2014 - 06:03 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#1337 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,866 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 08:30 AM

Only way they can get Melo is amnestying Boozer and using the picks they have to trade away Gibson while not taking much of any salary back at all.  Then you are left with a blackhole at the PF.  They are probably going to sign Nikola Mirotic from Spain but not sure how much a rebounder he is.  Noah, Mirotic, Melo, Butler, Rose?  Noah might get overworked and no bench depth. 

^^^ I saw the rumors as well, but if we are trying to cut salary Idk why we would do that unless we are unloading pau somehow.

I can see the bulls have a plan to get Melo, still dont think they have a chance. For the simple fact him going there doesn't put a team together that can contend for a title with the heat and pacers in the east.

#1338 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 01, 2014 - 09:13 AM

Only way they can get Melo is amnestying Boozer and using the picks they have to trade away Gibson while not taking much of any salary back at all.  Then you are left with a blackhole at the PF.  They are probably going to sign Nikola Mirotic from Spain but not sure how much a rebounder he is.  Noah, Mirotic, Melo, Butler, Rose?  Noah might get overworked and no bench depth. 

My point exactly. Why go to a team that is destined to be knocked out in the second round of the east playoffs? Just doesn't make sense since they wont be a complete team that can compete with the pacers and heat.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#1339 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,558 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 10:53 PM

Yes, Melo in two years won't be attractive for other players, but Love who can never make the playoffs will be super attractive to other players. Melo can easily attract other players to come play for him in two years. He is a superstar that never misses the playoffs. All his teammates, coaches only talk great thing about Melo as a player. J. R. Smith and Kenyon Martin even followed him to the Knicks. It's funny that the best player in the game LeBron would love to play with Melo,  and remember Melo in which he will be 31 the year that Love comes on the FA market will still be attractive, and when Love joins him on the Knicks in 2015 Melo should thank God that he didn't turn 32 yet because he wouldn't be still "good enough" and still "attractive" to Love or other FA.

Melo only real options have been between the Lakers & Knicks, but people kept saying that he was going to other teams. Someone even mention the Mavs. dead

Edited by Mooninite, February 04, 2014 - 10:54 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#1340 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,866 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 06:13 AM

Statements like this lead me to believe guys just watch ESPN all day. We've seen Love drop 45 and 19 in games where the team lost.  Keyword TEAM.  Melo in 2 years will be 32 years old and probably ringless.  Who is going to be available in 2 years for him?  If you have Melo you can discount any other wing like KD due to fit.  May have a crack at Marc Gasol.  Signing Melo in LA would just be a stupid idea that will leave this team in purgatory just like the Knicks are.

Yes, Melo in two years won't be attractive for other players, but Love who can never make the playoffs will be super attractive to other players. Melo can easily attract other players to come play for him in two years. He is a superstar that never misses the playoffs. All his teammates, coaches only talk great thing about Melo as a player. J. R. Smith and Kenyon Martin even followed him to the Knicks. It's funny that the best player in the game LeBron would love to play with Melo,  and remember Melo in which he will be 31 the year that Love comes on the FA market will still be attractive, and when Love joins him on the Knicks in 2015 Melo should thank God that he didn't turn 32 yet because he wouldn't be still "good enough" and still "attractive" to Love or other FA.

Melo only real options have been between the Lakers & Knicks, but people kept saying that he was going to other teams. Someone even mention the Mavs. dead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users