Photo

Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90)

• Please log in to reply
1900 replies to this topic

Poll: Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90) (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Carmelo Anthony Be Traded This Season

1. Yes (22 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. Voted No (26 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:18 PM

I know you aren't blaming playoff failures strictly on Kobe. 

Right? 

It's a team effort I believe. Gasol has sucked ass for years now, our bench has become depleted and Kobe feels the need to go hero mode, putting up 30 shots a game to try and win. Everyone is to blame, including Kobe.

#62 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:24 PM

It's a team effort I believe. Gasol has sucked ass for years now, our bench has become depleted and Kobe feels the need to go hero mode, putting up 30 shots a game to try and win. Everyone is to blame, including Kobe.

Gasol sucking and depleted bench is connected directly to why Kobe goes into hero mode. 

There's many reasons as to why this team has faltered.  Weak bench, crap coaching, limited athleticism, lack of a team identity, etc. 

It's a team effort like you said.  Everyone needs to get on the same page and I think that will be easier this season. 

#63 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:31 PM

If Melo comes, chances at Lebron become exponentially high.

At least that's what I think.

That's what i thought of.

Pipe dream, but man... The possibility.

#64 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,336 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:38 PM

Gasol sucking and depleted bench is connected directly to why Kobe goes into hero mode. 

There's many reasons as to why this team has faltered.  Weak bench, crap coaching, limited athleticism, lack of a team identity, etc. 

It's a team effort like you said.  Everyone needs to get on the same page and I think that will be easier this season. 

many people still do not get that.  Kobe would love to be able to play just SG and not always have to be the facilitator. I feel he would avg. even higher ppg. due to being able to pick his spots

ap1.png

#65 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,346 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:48 PM

Which would be quite the magic trick with everyone on the team playing for a contract.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#66 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:55 PM

Which would be quite the magic trick with everyone on the team playing for a contract.

Always a concern but the good thing is that D'Antoni's system inflates numbers as it is so players don't need to force the issue in that department.  

Dwight Howard not being here is good for team chemistry.  For as happy of a guy he seems to be, veterans like Nash being frustrated with him speak volumes. 

I look at the roster and don't really see a player that would cause problems in terms of not being on the same page.  

#67 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:57 PM

Way to disregard everything I said! I was agreeing to what both of them said. Real intelligent  :smh:

Actually you said, if kobe was the leader we weren't getting a 6th ring. which is pretty damn stupid because if kobe had lebron, and carmello on a team that would bring rings easily... no matter who was leader.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#68 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,121 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:59 PM

Definitely not but to say he hasn't played a big part it in would be naive.  My thing with Kobe is the things they said about him being selfish and over zealous on offense are starting to hurt them now.  Before Kobe was so good he could bail the team out, now he has to scale back b/c Hero Ball Kobe is giving the team diminishing returns regardless of how good his stats look.  Pau was to blame and most definitely B Azz Bynum was too for 2012.  Kobe was hurt in 2011 for the most part but 12 he tried to beat OKC alone. 

At 35 I feel we need a different Kobe but with that different Kobe we need someone as equally or more effective on the team.  For the longest the Lakers depended on Kobe to give us 40MPG and 30/5/5 in the playoffs.  We can't honestly expect that type of statline going forward unless he has quality players and maybe another star to fall back on. 

I know you aren't blaming playoff failures strictly on Kobe. 

Right? 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#69 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 03:34 PM

Actually you said, if kobe was the leader we weren't getting a 6th ring. which is pretty damn stupid because if kobe had lebron, and carmello on a team that would bring rings easily... no matter who was leader.

If somehow we got LeBron and Melo, Kobe better be on his knees thanking the basketball gods. They would all have a voice in the team. 

#70 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 28, 2013 - 04:32 PM

oh my damn

:facepalm:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#71 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 04:43 PM

NO ONE HERE IS DROOLING OVER LEBRON. How hard is that to understand? It's called giving credit where credit is due. LeBron isn't coming for the sole reason of fans like you: Kobe diehards that refuse to believe anyone else is capable of leading this team. LeBron doesn't need Kobe: Kobe needs another star player.Fact.

I can't tell. It's the usual suspects when it comes to Lebron James.

Where has it been said that Lebron is anything less than the best player in the NBA??? That's irrelevant and I wish people like you would stop bringing it up. 

Unlike some of you, I don't give a flying [expletive] if Lebron James comes to LA or not. We're still not winning a damn thing so long as MDA is the head coach. 

Kobe Bryant has 5 championships and a myriad of other accomplishments throughout his career...why does he need Lebron James again??? Lebron has two championships...ZERO without Wade and Bosh. Another star player would help anyone (see Lebron James) but Lebron James is not the only star player in the NBA.

I hate to break it to some of you closet Heat fans (or rather fans of whatever team Lebron is on) but this is LAKERnation...Kobe Bryant has been a Laker for his entire career; Lebron James plays for another team.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#72 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,346 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 04:56 PM

Someone is going to have to lead this team other than kobe at some point. Feels like yesterday Kobe was this petulant rookie with otherworldly talent.  One of the few--very few--players to have had the career all other ballers--including those in HOF, would kill for.

Hoping that Mitch and Jim can find some way to land 2 more top 10 players in league to play together for 5-7 years when Kobe hangs em up. Not sure i want melo as one of them. Would prefer Westbrook, Love, Rondo (if he's the same player when he comes back), Lebron, Durant, and some others.

Maybe one of these thru FA and another thru trade.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#73 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,121 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:07 PM

Lol ok you win

Where has it been said that Lebron is anything less than the best player in the NBA??? That's irrelevant and I wish people like you would stop bringing it up. 

Unlike some of you, I don't give a flying [expletive] if Lebron James comes to LA or not. We're still not winning a damn thing so long as MDA is the head coach. 

Kobe Bryant has 5 championships and a myriad of other accomplishments throughout his career...why does he need Lebron James again??? Lebron has two championships...ZERO without Wade and Bosh. Another star player would help anyone (see Lebron James) but Lebron James is not the only star player in the NBA.

I hate to break it to some of you closet Heat fans (or rather fans of whatever team Lebron is on) but this is LAKERnation...Kobe Bryant has been a Laker for his entire career; Lebron James plays for another team.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#74 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:14 PM

Someone is going to have to lead this team other than kobe at some point. Feels like yesterday Kobe was this petulant rookie with otherworldly talent.  One of the few--very few--players to have had the career all other ballers--including those in HOF, would kill for.

Hoping that Mitch and Jim can find some way to land 2 more top 10 players in league to play together for 5-7 years when Kobe hangs em up. Not sure i want melo as one of them. Would prefer Westbrook, Love, Rondo (if he's the same player when he comes back), Lebron, Durant, and some others.

Maybe one of these thru FA and another thru trade.

If you want 5-7 years, I wouldn't count on LeBron and Rondo. 

#75 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:17 PM

*Sigh* There's no point arguing with you. Stick to football: it's the one thing you might be good at debating  :bleh:

#76 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:24 PM

Yes, bow out gracelessly

Pau Gasol is GONE

#77 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,346 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:29 PM

If you want 5-7 years, I wouldn't count on LeBron and Rondo. 

That's what makes the GM thing so tough. You need to think in terms of 5-10 years if youre the Lakers. Trades, FA, and maybe a lucky draft pick or 2. Meanwhile, other GM's are getting smarter with stats etc.

I remember thinking in early 2000's that sactown w a good team and new owners in Maloofs were going to be tough...and they were for 2-3 years. Then they crapped out. Same w Cuban and mavs.

Now it looks like Clips may actually be formidable for 3-5 years.

Miami and Houston seem to be destinations for the next few years as well.

No idea how next couple seasons play out, but lakers have plenty of money, good tv deal, and history. We'll be ok...if not stressed out as fans until things take shape

#78 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,175 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 07:04 PM

*Sigh* There's no point arguing with you. Stick to football: it's the one thing you might be good at debating :bleh:

Tim Tebow is a NFL quarterback.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:08 PM

^ Don't start or else we'll have to rename this thread The Tebow Drama begins.

yo.

#80 evil Monkey

evil Monkey

Rookie

• 418 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 07:45 AM

If Melo comes, chances at Lebron become exponentially high.

At least that's what I think.

LeBron is not coming here especially after that fiasco with him leaving Cleveland.

Posted Image

L.E.G.I.T.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users