Photo

Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90)

• Please log in to reply
1900 replies to this topic

Poll: Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90) (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Carmelo Anthony Be Traded This Season

1. Yes (22 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. Voted No (26 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,490 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 07:57 AM

Lebron being here wouldn't change leadership. There can and should be more than one leader in a lockerroom. Kobe will always be a leader on this team. He put in the years and blood for this franchise, lebron is only going to add to that. I see Lebron challenging Kobe in a more healthy way compared to Dwight. Dwight is a dumbass.

Just like people thought the Heat would still be Wade's team. It's not anymore. 

Kobe will be a leader in a lot of sense of the word but he certainly would not be THE leader. You're being delusional.

#42 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,778 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 28, 2013 - 08:08 AM

Dwight isn't as good as Lebron.  Lebron has also is where Kobe was in lets say 2009.  He's won, he's in his prime.  He doesn't need any guidance or any of that.  It's obvious you don't respect the level he's reached as a player today or historically.  At this point Kobe and Lakers need Lebron much more than he needs them.

Lebron being here wouldn't change leadership. There can and should be more than one leader in a lockerroom. Kobe will always be a leader on this team. He put in the years and blood for this franchise, lebron is only going to add to that. I see Lebron challenging Kobe in a more healthy way compared to Dwight. Dwight is a dumbass.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#43 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 28, 2013 - 08:55 AM

Ugh disgusting.

You don't just come into a franchise like the LA Lakers and automatically become "the leader". What you've accomplished at other stops is irrelevant once you arrive in LA. You have to put in work here first before you can claim leadership. 

Kobe Bryant has brought 5 ADDITIONAL championships to this franchise. How many has Lebron James contributed to the purple and gold?

Kobe Bryant doesn't need anything nor anyone...his legacy is cemented. Likewise, the LA Lakers don't need Lebron James as our legacy is cemented as well. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#44 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,778 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:01 AM

Get out of your feelings.  In terms of winning in the next year or 2 or possibly next 3-4 Kobe is in much more need of a player like Lebron than he is of Kobe.  Thats all Im saying.  You must have misunderstood my statement.  Also what a player has done in the past has very little to do what he can and will bring in the future.  If MJ had went to the Lakers in 93 and Magic was still playing you honestly think he would feel the need to bow to Magic?  If so, this is the very reason why I feel Lebron avoids the Lakers as long as Kobe is king here. 

Ugh disgusting.

You don't just come into a franchise like the LA Lakers and automatically become "the leader". What you've accomplished at other stops is irrelevant once you arrive in LA. You have to put in work here first before you can claim leadership. 

Kobe Bryant has brought 5 ADDITIONAL championships to this franchise. How many has Lebron James contributed to the purple and gold?

Kobe Bryant doesn't need anything nor anyone...his legacy is cemented. Likewise, the LA Lakers don't need Lebron James as our legacy is cemented as well. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#45 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 137 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:08 AM

Speaking of Rondo, where is he going to land this year? It's pretty obvious that the Celtics are going to trade him...

#46 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:12 AM

Get out of your feelings.  In terms of winning in the next year or 2 or possibly next 3-4 Kobe is in much more need of a player like Lebron than he is of Kobe.  Thats all Im saying.  You must have misunderstood my statement.  Also what a player has done in the past has very little to do what he can and will bring in the future.  If MJ had went to the Lakers in 93 and Magic was still playing you honestly think he would feel the need to bow to Magic?  If so, this is the very reason why I feel Lebron avoids the Lakers as long as Kobe is king here. 

Take Lebron's dick outta ya mouth. Dude was talking about leadership and you start going off about Lebron's level as a player and all that other bull[expletive]. 

There is no player "like" Lebron but that doesn't mean LA NOR Kobe "needs" him to win championships. There is no need either way...different players, different times, different teams, different paths. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#47 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,255 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:13 AM

Just like people thought the Heat would still be Wade's team. It's not anymore. 

Kobe will be a leader in a lot of sense of the word but he certainly would not be THE leader. You're being delusional.

the only one that is delusional is you and the people who agree with you. Wade is not kobe. Lebron wouldn't be THE leader if he came to LA for a year while kobe being on the team. He may be the best player on the team, but not THE leader.

ap1.png

#48 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,255 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:15 AM

Take Lebron's dick outta ya mouth. Dude was talking about leadership and you start going off about Lebron's level as a player and all that other bull[expletive]. 

There is no player "like" Lebron but that doesn't mean LA NOR Kobe "needs" him to win championships. There is no need either way...different players, different times, different teams, different paths. 

Seriously, he slurps up Lebron so badly it's nauseating. This is Kobe's playground that he's helped continue into greatness.

I'll also add, i never mentioned Kobe would need to guide Lebron. He is a champion he doesn't need guidance, Dwight isn't a champion and doesn't have the mentality of leading a championship squad.

Edited by RobBlake, September 28, 2013 - 09:20 AM.

ap1.png

#49 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:31 AM

I'm in between the two extremes, I think Kobe and Lebron would be co-leaders if they came together. Don't know what that has to do with Melo though. BTW, Kobe would still be the leader of the Lakers if Melo joined. Kobe/Melo would have a short window to win IMO, Melo will be 30 in 2014. That's at most 2-3 years to win. I think if Kobe/Melo were the core, we'd have issues on defensive. We'd probs be title contenders if we got a good defensive presence in the middle though. 

#50 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 10:30 AM

Well, it's decided. As long as Kobe feels the need to be "the leader", he ain't getting that 6th ring. You people are some childish ass kids. "Slurping up LeBron"?

#51 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 10:50 AM

he'll average 18 next year. wade is not the elite player he is anymore. he is probably above average.

lol harry styles coming to save jody smokes ass cause no one here agrees with him again.  :laughing:

anyways, this is kobe's city till he retires. if you argue that you can't be a laker fan. he brought us so much. we can give him nothing but respect

Edited by Ham, September 28, 2013 - 10:53 AM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#52 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:07 AM

Well, it's decided. As long as Kobe feels the need to be "the leader", he ain't getting that 6th ring. You people are some childish ass kids. "Slurping up LeBron"?

Right on cue.

Stuck on semantics. Being the best player on the team doesn't make you a leader. Kobe Bryant is what he is: He has been LEADING this team for many years...leading this franchise for many years. As long as Kobe Bryant wears the purple and gold, he will be a TEAM LEADER.

Some of you spend so much time drooling over Lebron while sending Kobe off to social security. Despite the fact that he is STILL a top player; and don't give me that [expletive] about Kobe is coming off an achilles injury. Until proven otherwise, Kobe mutha[expletive]in Bryant has earned the benefit of the doubt. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#53 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:10 AM

Some of you spend so much time drooling over Lebron while sending Kobe off to social security. Despite the fact that he is STILL a top player; and don't give me that [expletive] about Kobe is coming off an achilles injury. Until proven otherwise, Kobe mutha[expletive]in Bryant has earned the benefit of the doubt. 

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#54 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,387 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:20 AM

Enough with the personal attacks.

#55 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,778 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:27 AM

I never said he wouldnt be.  If you would read and get out of your feelings for Bean you would understand that thats the reason why I feel Lebron wouldn't come to LA and for good reason.  Lebron isn't leaving Miami to be Kobe's son until he decides to hang up his sneaks.  That simple.

Right on cue.

Stuck on semantics. Being the best player on the team doesn't make you a leader. Kobe Bryant is what he is: He has been LEADING this team for many years...leading this franchise for many years. As long as Kobe Bryant wears the purple and gold, he will be a TEAM LEADER.

#56 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,778 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:30 AM

A top player that has led us to the 2nd round 2 years str8 only to get blasted when we had plenty of talent, preferably someone better than him or equal.  So either he's getting worse (which is normal for a player well into his 30s) or the team needs more talent overall (which it currently does not considering the western conference).  We will just let you blame it on all Pau tho...

#57 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,387 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:44 AM

I know you aren't blaming playoff failures strictly on Kobe. 

Right? 

#58 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,159 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:06 PM

What was the topic again?

If Melo is signed here next year, lets say to replace pau, not sure we still wouldn't need some more spare parts to be significantly better than this year.

The FO has its work cut out for it as next years squad may be 50-75% changed again.

And who's to say Melo wouldn't prefer Houston now. I might if i was him.

This all brings up a really important point. How lucky were we to have Kobe and Shaq together for 8 years! When you've been through some tough years it makes the great years all the sweeter. And they don't last.

I look at the league like this. and always will.

Handful of teams that could win it all

16 teams that make playoffs. some w a losing record maybe.

*14 teams that will never matter.

*Glad im not a fan of those teams.

Edited by kball, September 28, 2013 - 12:07 PM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#59 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:12 PM

he'll average 18 next year. wade is not the elite player he is anymore. he is probably above average.

lol harry styles coming to save jody smokes ass cause no one here agrees with him again.  :laughing:

anyways, this is kobe's city till he retires. if you argue that you can't be a laker fan. he brought us so much. we can give him nothing but respect

Way to disregard everything I said! I was agreeing to what both of them said. Real intelligent  :smh:

Edited by Harry Styles, September 28, 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#60 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:16 PM

Right on cue.

NO ONE HERE IS DROOLING OVER LEBRON. How hard is that to understand? It's called giving credit where credit is due. LeBron isn't coming for the sole reason of fans like you: Kobe diehards that refuse to believe anyone else is capable of leading this team. LeBron doesn't need Kobe: Kobe needs another star player.Fact.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users