Photo

Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90)

• Please log in to reply
1900 replies to this topic

Poll: Melo would prefer Lakers over Houston but Lakers not interested (pg 90) (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Carmelo Anthony Be Traded This Season

1. Yes (22 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. Voted No (26 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 471 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted September 27, 2013 - 05:40 PM

If Melo comes, chances at Lebron become exponentially high.

At least that's what I think.

Would Melo really want to be the 3rd option in this team though?

You have LeBron at 1st, Kobe 2nd, and 3rd Melo. I think its either LeBron or Melo.

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,043 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 27, 2013 - 05:48 PM

I actually think the Knicks want melo to leave

yeah signing Bargnani would have done it to me too ...

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#23 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 27, 2013 - 05:54 PM

Melo, LeBron, and Kobe would almost be an automatic championship. That's better than the Miami Big 3.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,043 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Melo, LeBron, and Kobe would almost be an automatic championship. That's better than the Miami Big 3.

that's better than ANY big three aside from Jordan, Pippen, Rodman imo.  

You basically have 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA along with 2 of the 3 best scorers in the NBA, spearheaded by the best shooting point guard in NBA history playing off ball.

That team comes close to beating the Bulls record.

AND if they held on to Jordan Hill, Farmar, Nick Young, Wesley Johnson(should he pan out)

then that's a real contender for one of the greatest teams of all time imo.  If the Lakers pull that off for Kobe's final 2 years he will end his career with 7 rings.   No doubt in my mind.

#25 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 863 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 06:29 PM

that's better than ANY big three aside from Jordan, Pippen, Rodman imo.  

You basically have 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA along with 2 of the 3 best scorers in the NBA, spearheaded by the best shooting point guard in NBA history playing off ball.

That team comes close to beating the Bulls record.

AND if they held on to Jordan Hill, Farmar, Nick Young, Wesley Johnson(should he pan out)

then that's a real contender for one of the greatest teams of all time imo.  If the Lakers pull that off for Kobe's final 2 years he will end his career with 7 rings.   No doubt in my mind.

Best offensive team of all time probs. Defensive would not matter. I have a feeling it will happen, but it's not realistic.

#26 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,140 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 27, 2013 - 06:33 PM

^ keep these thoughts to your fantasy league. Hard enough comparing actual teams from different eras. These arent the olympics. Plus, am i the only one who likes to see great players play on OTHER teams? Theyre certainly the games i look forward to watching most...even if they're not always the the ones that end up most thrilling.

I wish every team had 2 great players that way id look forward to all the teams and not just 8-9

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#27 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 863 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 06:49 PM

^ keep these thoughts to your fantasy league. Hard enough comparing actual teams from different eras. These arent the olympics. Plus, am i the only one who likes to see great players play on OTHER teams? Theyre certainly the games i look forward to watching most...even if they're not always the the ones that end up most thrilling.

I wish every team had 2 great players that way id look forward to all the teams and not just 8-9

I like it when star power is balanced (like it was in the 2000's), but I'd rather see winning than balance of star power.

Edited by Yellow_Evan, September 27, 2013 - 06:50 PM.

• 40,400 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 07:08 PM

I actually think the Knicks want melo to leave

They just probably know realistically he's not likely to come back and are already getting out ahead of the situation and trying to save themselves from all the potential drama & potential shock.

It's sorta like a relationship. When or if someone knows they're going to be dumped or left for another, sometimes the signs are already there beforehand and instead of going against the odds and almost blindly believing the opposite other isn't going to leave them for another or dump then (in denial), they prepare themselves for the worst ahead of time and are real with themselves. It also saves one from the shock & even more severe hurt of the incoming event minimizing damage.

yo.

#29 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 27, 2013 - 08:43 PM

At this point Melo is the only real option we have to get in free agency next year

#30 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,043 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 10:14 PM

Chicago Bulls.

They had Jordan, Pippen and Rodman(who is arguably the best defender of all time).  
The Bulls had a superteam to end all superteams and only Stockton and Malone were gonna challenge that, anyone else was gonna come in second.  Pippen was so good he almost took the Bulls to the finals by himself without Jordan.  So yeah...

I'm not against a superteam on my end long as they play together and I wouldn't hate the league any more or less if  Kobe, Melo and LeBron were on the same team.

#31 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 28, 2013 - 02:39 AM

LeBron would never leave Wade unless he goes back to Cleveland to play with Kyrie

#32 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,249 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 28, 2013 - 05:55 AM

Lebron strikes me as a guy who only loyalties are too rings not players. I can picture him leaving Mia

ap1.png

#33 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:34 AM

LeBron would never leave Wade unless he goes back to Cleveland to play with Kyrie

lol wade is done.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#34 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,752 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 28, 2013 - 07:01 AM

I disagree but he isn't an elite player for 48 min anymore.  He'd still be the 2nd best player on this healthy Laker team.  Regardless, the big 3 era isn't really done.  Not sure why guys think they would just fall off a cliff.  They still are probably the hardest trio to deal with in the game and as long as Lebron is with them they will present a huge problem against any defensive scheme. 

lol wade is done.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#35 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,140 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 28, 2013 - 07:01 AM

lol wade is done.

Not so sure on this. Wasn't he top 10-12 in scoring? Too lazy to look up. look for LeBron to figure out a way to keep Wade's numbers relatively high with less effort imo.

Probable allstar this season, but no longer a top 5 player id agree.

Still was one of my favorite players to watch over the last decade (along w Lebron, Kobe, Nash)

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#36 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,752 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 07:13 AM

We can speculate all day about Lebron leaving or going but him leaving and going to a better situation is too contingent on 2-3 other things happening in the new place.  At least in Miami he knows Pat Riley will do whats good for the team, he's won his rings with those guys and vets will continue to take paycuts to play with that team to keep them contenders. 

A Cleveland situation is contingent on what the current team is doing and how guys like Dion Waiters, Thompson and Bennett develop. 

A Laker situation is real tricky.  First off I think guys really underestimate the power of influence and popularity when it comes to Kobe.  For a player to come to LA he automatically has to be the 2nd fav guy.  Lebron is the best and most popular player in the NBA right now.  This is Kobe's team.  I don't see Lebron setting foot in LA unless Kobe retires and for good reason. 

Whose gonna be the leader?  Can Kobe seriously co lead with a guy that at this point actually is better than him and more capable of winning games than him as competitive as he is?  If Lebron was ringless I could see this all day, but after a b2b win its like Phil asking Coach Pop to come be his assistant.  No way that dynamic works but not in the way Kobe/D12 didnt work but for other leadership reasons. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#37 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,249 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 07:40 AM

We can speculate all day about Lebron leaving or going but him leaving and going to a better situation is too contingent on 2-3 other things happening in the new place.  At least in Miami he knows Pat Riley will do whats good for the team, he's won his rings with those guys and vets will continue to take paycuts to play with that team to keep them contenders. 

A Cleveland situation is contingent on what the current team is doing and how guys like Dion Waiters, Thompson and Bennett develop. 

A Laker situation is real tricky.  First off I think guys really underestimate the power of influence and popularity when it comes to Kobe.  For a player to come to LA he automatically has to be the 2nd fav guy.  Lebron is the best and most popular player in the NBA right now.  This is Kobe's team.  I don't see Lebron setting foot in LA unless Kobe retires and for good reason. 

Whose gonna be the leader?  Can Kobe seriously co lead with a guy that at this point actually is better than him and more capable of winning games than him as competitive as he is?  If Lebron was ringless I could see this all day, but after a b2b win its like Phil asking Coach Pop to come be his assistant.  No way that dynamic works but not in the way Kobe/D12 didnt work but for other leadership reasons. 

I think if lebron were to come here, he would come here with the utmost respect this being Kobe's team, and would co-lead this team with kobe. Win rings. Kobe retires, kobe hands over the keys.

ap1.png

#38 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,483 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 07:47 AM

I think if lebron were to come here, he would come here with the utmost respect this being Kobe's team, and would co-lead this team with kobe. Win rings. Kobe retires, kobe hands over the keys.

If LeBron miraculously comes here then LeBron will be the leader of this team..... 

Some of you guys need to accept that Kobe is getting older and even though he's still absolutely incredible for his age he is not the best in the world anymore.

As for Melo, he's better than nothing. Like most, I don't believe he's the answer to a team but I do see him as a huge piece to a contender and I would definitely not be whining if we signed him next summer.....

#39 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,249 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 07:50 AM

If LeBron miraculously comes here then LeBron will be the leader of this team..... 

Some of you guys need to accept that Kobe is getting older and even though he's still absolutely incredible for his age he is not the best in the world anymore.

As for Melo, he's better than nothing. Like most, I don't believe he's the answer to a team but I do see him as a huge piece to a contender and I would definitely not be whining if we signed him next summer.....

Lebron being here wouldn't change leadership. There can and should be more than one leader in a lockerroom. Kobe will always be a leader on this team. He put in the years and blood for this franchise, lebron is only going to add to that. I see Lebron challenging Kobe in a more healthy way compared to Dwight. Dwight is a dumbass.

ap1.png

#40 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,752 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 07:51 AM

I strongly disagree.  It's like me moving back into my parent's house after being out and having established my own family.  I'm not moving back home waiting on my father to give me the deed to the house.  I'd rather he give it to me and leave and get another.  Lebron isn't D12 and he isn't Melo.  He doesn't need to bow to Kobe to wait for the team to be his.  He's done enough to be considered an all time great at this point.  Not to mention if Kobe comes back healthy he's talking about playing another 3 years or so. 

Edited by Jody Smokes, September 28, 2013 - 07:52 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)