Photo

True or False: Pacers are the best team in the NBA right now

• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

Poll: True or False: Pacers are the best team in the NBA right now (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Pacers is the best team in the NBA.

1. True (27 votes [72.97%])

Percentage of vote: 72.97%

2. False (10 votes [27.03%])

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KOBEBEAST

KOBEBEAST

LEGEND

• 131 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:kobe Bryant

Posted November 11, 2013 - 05:51 PM

I think they are.

#2 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,141 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 05:56 PM

I would like to see how they would adjust when Granger returns back from his injury. 

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,120 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 11, 2013 - 06:24 PM

False, they still have no offensive system in place and it will come back to bite them in the playoffs when your offensive system is just randomly depending on guys to iso no longer works.   They are no different than the Chicago Bulls had been and will fall short for the same reasons.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#4 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,079 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 11, 2013 - 06:25 PM

It's hard to tell right now. I think the Pacers are playing the best basketball right now. But we have the see in the future if they are the still playing the best basketball.

Also, the Spurs are just rolling right now. They are 7-1 and their only loss was at Portland in the second game of the back to back. They are also 2nd in points against only trailing the Pacers.

#5 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,507 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 06:33 PM

As of right now, yes.

Granger returning soon could make/break the team.

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, November 11, 2013 - 06:34 PM.

MMiRi9s.png

#6 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,692 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 11, 2013 - 06:41 PM

Yes, they are. 

#7 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 11, 2013 - 06:48 PM

In the NBA its all about matchups and I still don't think the Pacers could match up to some teams like the Spurs and maybe even the Clippers but its to early in the season to debate.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#8 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 11, 2013 - 07:02 PM

So far......true

7-0

#9 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 11, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Yes, they have the best defense in the league and that "failed" offense got them to within 1 game of the Finals. They're the team to beat in the East. 

#10 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 400 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 11, 2013 - 07:59 PM

True. They have a fantastic young rotation and play ferocious defense. They are my favorite to win it all.

#11 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,079 posts
  • Name:Karl

Posted November 11, 2013 - 08:02 PM

In the NBA its all about matchups and I still don't think the Pacers could match up to some teams like the Spurs and maybe even the Clippers but its to early in the season to debate.

I would say the Pacers would easily beat the Clippers. The reason for is because once the game slows down, the Clippers would struggle mightily. In addition, Hibbert and West will outmuscle Jordan and Griffin. And nobody in the Clippers lineup can guard Paul George.

The Spurs are different animal though. They have proven last year that they can hang tough with any style of basketball. In addition, Gregg Popovich can actually coach a team.

Edited by KarlCalaguas12, November 11, 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#12 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted November 11, 2013 - 08:50 PM

I would say the Pacers would easily beat the Clippers. The reason for is because once the game slows down, the Clippers would struggle mightily. In addition, Hibbert and West will outmuscle Jordan and Griffin. And nobody in the Clippers lineup can guard Paul George.

The Spurs are different animal though. They have proven last year that they can hang tough with any style of basketball. In addition, Gregg Popovich can actually coach a team.

For me, the Clippers are just weird right now, on paper they have it all and some nights they've proven to be tremendously dominant on both ends of the floor.  True, the Clippers have no one to defend George but I feel like Chris Paul is a guy thats very tough to defend no matter whom you put on him.  There both teams to watch and no doubt the Pacers are the best team in the East.  I'm just waiting for them to play the Clippers and Spurs because those will be battles.  Kawhi is someone who I think can give George a very tough time.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#13 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 472 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted November 11, 2013 - 08:56 PM

Yes. They were 1 game away from beating Miami Heat last year. This year Hibbert and George improved. They also improved their bench which seems like the biggest weakness they have last year. A bench with Scola, Watson, Mahinmi, and Stephenson or Granger( once he returns) is definitely top 10 bench in NBA right now.

#14 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 11, 2013 - 09:19 PM

True.

Defense>Offense

#15 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted November 11, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Yes they are. Assuming the Spurs don't make it out of the West, Indiana will take it all this year and end Miami's three-peat hopes (which is all that really matters anyways)

Edited by LakersChamps243, November 11, 2013 - 10:05 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#16 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,393 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 10:16 PM

True.

A lot is made about their offensive system but they have a rising star in Paul George who is averaging 25 ppg, 8 rpg, and 4 apg to start the season.  Defensively, they are among the elite and that's the most important thing come playoff time. 

They have a very good bench that they didn't have last season.  Danny Granger will be the x-factor with this team going forward, whether it be him playing for the Pacers or him being traded for another piece to the puzzle.  That backup shooting guard position is probably the weakest part of the team and that will need to be upgraded. 

This is a team that took the Heat to 7 games and are a threat to Miami's goal of a three-peat. 

• 40,400 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 11:28 PM

They're playing the best right now consistently sure along with the Spurs, but Miami just hasn't always been motivated. Guarantee if they are, they can still take just about anyone and they still have the deepest & most overall talented team. Hunger is the only question.

yo.

#18 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,480 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 11, 2013 - 11:44 PM

False, they still have no offensive system in place and it will come back to bite them in the playoffs when your offensive system is just randomly depending on guys to iso no longer works.   They are no different than the Chicago Bulls had been and will fall short for the same reasons.

Who knows what they may or may not do in the future. Right now, they're the best in the nba. By a lot.

With Granger coming back and with the development of Lance Stephenson (who just recorded his first triple-double) I think their offensive troubles will be solved and if it isn't they should be able to move Granger and/or George Hill for a better PG.

Oh, btw, defense wins championships and they lead the league in defensive efficiency by a mile.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, November 11, 2013 - 11:45 PM.

#19 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,256 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted November 11, 2013 - 11:47 PM

They are the team that can beat the heat. If granger can be a good soldier and play the 6th man role. Pacers win heat series 4 to 1... 4 to 2 TOPS.

ap1.png

• 40,400 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 11:58 PM

With Granger coming back

Granger's already getting hurt easily again. They might just ultimately end up trading his ass. If they do, hopefully they can still receive something solid enough for him.

Scola's been a good pickup though.

CJ Watson's alright.

What's the deal with Chris Copeland? Is he like semi-injured or something? Can't seem to find much playing time. He was supposed to have been a pretty decent addition for his much needed expertise 3pt shooting ability.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users