Photo

Official NBA Draft Discussion (Lakers - # 7 pick)

official draft

• Please log in to reply
14522 replies to this topic

#21 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,569 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 06, 2013 - 08:40 PM

Parker looks more skilled than Wiggins in my opinion. Don't know who's better yet though. Wiggins more athletic for sure. Jabari still got springs though.

And I don't think a team with Kobe can tank. Depending on what our record is come December, maybe he can take his time coming back though and we'll see what happens...

#22 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,968 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 09:59 PM

I don't want to see Kobe kill himself for a worthless season. I rather have him just rest and have fresh years for next season. To be honest, with the Lakers roster as it is, they don't need to tank. They're just that bad. And it's good year to be bad, even if the lakers were to barely miss the playoffs we'll still have a chance at getting atleast a young decent NBA player. I can deal with not being competitive for a season for a chance at being contenders the next 5.

#23 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 06, 2013 - 10:17 PM

Embarrassing 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#24 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 137 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted November 06, 2013 - 10:30 PM

Don't need to worry about tanking. This team is going to be mediocre enough even with Kobe to probably end up in the lottery. Even if the Lakers didn't end up with Wiggins, there's a lot of good talent in this draft if LA keeps getting stomped every night.

^This. We might just end up "unintentionally" tanking. Really though, all I want to see this season is Kobe, Swaggy, and Xavier posterizing Dwight when he comes back to Staples in February.

#25 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,134 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 10:45 PM

2-3 is not a good start for wiggins,
Posted Image

#26 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 06, 2013 - 10:58 PM

I hate the fact that tanking is even an option, but that's the landscape in the nba and I think people need to look at the big picture here and since the goal should be getting championships, we should work towards that. Everyone else does it and we wont accomplish anything by playing the martyr on this one, because people won't care or remember. 

That being said, I don't think we should tank. Yet. Let's see how long Kobe takes to get back and what shape he's in when he does come back and lets see if Mitch can pull a rabbit out of his hat and lets see what our record looks like around Christmas. If we're at 16-13 and it looks like we're heading for the playoffs, I think we should make a push.

But if we're 9-20 with 2-3 bubble-teams in the west clearly playing better than us, then I think we should start looking towards the future. I'm not saying we should go in full tank mode like Phoenix and Boston, but we should start to trade those who isn't going to be part of the team following this season, we should develop some of the guys who could be part of the team (Henry, Johnson, Farmar, Hill etc.) and we should collect assets, if possible.

If we could start next season with a healthy Kobe, a top 8 draft pick and 40+ million in capspace, we could be in the finals again by 2015.

#27 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,807 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 07, 2013 - 05:11 AM

I don't understand the statement Kobe won't let us tank.  Is Kobe going to be good enough get this team to the playoffs when he comes back?  Even if he's healthy who really wants Kobe to do what he did last season just to get us to the 8th seed?  Think longevity.  The top 6 players or so in this draft are considered future all star material.  We could very well get our next franchise player in this draft. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#28 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,934 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 07, 2013 - 06:37 AM

Go read up and watch Jabari Parker, Julius Randle, Dante Exum, Aaron Gordon and the Harrison twins.  These are all guys that are said to be from day 1 starters in the NBA. 

Don't forget James Young, aka, "The Blue Mamba." 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#29 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,934 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 06:41 AM

What's "embarassing" (and a little frustrating) is how we got here. 

Got hustled by the commish on the Paul deal.  Now, we can't trade Pau to save our lives.

Got hustled by PHX on the Nash deal.  He's breaking down.

Got a broke-backed Dwight who didn't perform, then walked away for nothing.  (And now, he's healthy).

Chose Pringles > the GOAT, which helped grease the skids for Dwight's exodus and arguably, Kobe's injury. 

Embarrassing 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#30 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,878 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 07, 2013 - 06:47 AM

What's "embarassing" (and a little frustrating) is how we got here.

Got hustled by the commish on the Paul deal. Now, we can't trade Pau to save our lives.

Got hustled by PHX on the Nash deal. He's breaking down.

Got a broke-backed Dwight who didn't perform, then walked away for nothing. (And now, he's healthy).

Chose Pringles > the GOAT, which helped grease the skids for Dwight's exodus and arguably, Kobe's injury.

Got hustled.

Lets skip CP3.

We were stuck with Lamar and turned him to Nash. Both breaking down in different ways. Which was worse?

Got Hill.
Got Sessions.
He left.
We have a bunch of first rounders right now. Cheap at that.

Kobe just got old

Why do u want Dwight moving forward. Houston brought up his questionable health.

Kobe's old.
LeBron isn't.

Kobe had his turn. Like Magic, Bird, Dincan, Shaq, and MJ.
Now it's LeBron.

That's who u blame.

#31 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,807 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 06:49 AM

Yet everyone wants to believe the Lakers will just be ok.  The Lakers were ok in the past b/c they were making sound decisions.  It's not always the big moves that create success (big trade or signing) but the small things that build up over time.  Not dealing Pau when he had value, the Nash trade, Phil situation, and a few others I'd rather not speak on to prevent from being flamed

Got hustled by the commish on the Paul deal.  Now, we can't trade Pau to save our lives.

Got a broke-backed Dwight who didn't perform, then walked away for nothing.  (And now, he's healthy).

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#32 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,878 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 07, 2013 - 07:02 AM

I don't understand the statement Kobe won't let us tank. Is Kobe going to be good enough get this team to the playoffs when he comes back? Even if he's healthy who really wants Kobe to do what he did last season just to get us to the 8th seed? Think longevity. The top 6 players or so in this draft are considered future all star material. We could very well get our next franchise player in this draft.

Or we can use the cash we have and get a guy proven.

u rather have Kemba over Deron bc of potential?

#33 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2013 - 07:03 AM

Embarrassing 

Getting swept in the first round or missing the playoffs in the last week of regular season is way more embarrassing. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#34 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2013 - 07:05 AM

2-3 is not a good start for wiggins,

We will be 2-5 by Friday, don't worry. I think the Lakers are going to be the worst team on the road in the NBA .

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#35 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,968 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 07:09 AM

Laker fans have too much pride....

#36 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 07:15 AM

Pau Gasol should have been moved. If it didn't work the first time...should have kept trying. Just because you can't get the best PG in the game for a measly Pau Gasol doesn't mean you quit. 

Most of those sound like "me problems". Our front office couldn't even make sound decisions with regards to hiring a head coach...that's a me problem. We didn't get rid of Pau Gasol...that's a me problem. We lost Dwight Howard...that's a me problem. 

All this whining is embarrassing too. LA fans...whining because we don't want to sleep in the bed that we made. 

If you tank, put an *asterisk* on your "success".

Pau Gasol is GONE

#37 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 07:16 AM

Getting swept in the first round or missing the playoffs in the last week of regular season is way more embarrassing. 

Not really

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,404 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 09:10 AM

Parker looks more skilled than Wiggins in my opinion. Don't know who's better yet though. Wiggins more athletic for sure. Jabari still got springs though.

and Jabari's way further along in the mental aspect as well right now. That still remains to be seen from Wiggins.

yo.

#39 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,807 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 09:55 AM

Who are these proven guys that we can get? Not sure what Kemba has to do with anything.  The draft can be a gamble but if you have the proper coaches and scouts in place it will do wonders.  Don't see NO complaining about Anthony Davis, Indy about Paul George, Philly about MCW.  This team can no longer poach on teams in free agency.  If a player is good out the gate he's almost guaranteed to be on the squad that drafted him for 7 years.  That means all the young guys in the game right now won't be available for at least another 4 years. 

It's best that we start investing in our own and not waiting for free agency to get lucky. 

Or we can use the cash we have and get a guy proven.

u rather have Kemba over Deron bc of potential?

#40 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,934 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 10:54 AM

Never said they weren't "me" problems.  Notice that I said they were "embarrassing?"   It's embarrassing how we got here.

And as many have noted, we can easily miss the play-offs without trying to tank.   We can't play defense and Nash/Pau are guaranteed to miss time. 

Pau Gasol should have been moved. If it didn't work the first time...should have kept trying. Just because you can't get the best PG in the game for a measly Pau Gasol doesn't mean you quit. 

Most of those sound like "me problems". Our front office couldn't even make sound decisions with regards to hiring a head coach...that's a me problem. We didn't get rid of Pau Gasol...that's a me problem. We lost Dwight Howard...that's a me problem. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: official, draft

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2), Google (1)