Photo

Los Angeles NBA Fan War: Myth or Reality?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Lime

Jack Lime

Rookie

• 357 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2013 - 10:29 AM

Pretty good article.

http://lastwordonspo...yth-or-reality/

VN8Tqa1.jpg

#2 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,443 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 06, 2013 - 11:09 AM

It's a myth, well atleast outside of SoCal.  The Clippers still haven't got a real bandwagon going.  OKC probably has more fans than the Clippers.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#3 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,696 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 06, 2013 - 11:55 AM

OKC has already built an incredible fan base.  

#4 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,577 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2013 - 12:29 PM

Purely myth. I have yet to see a Clipper fan here in the Philippines, and I doubt I'll ever see one in my lifetime.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#5 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2013 - 02:32 PM

I've always contended there are little to no real Clipper fans.

They are either people who don't like the Lakers for some reason or they are people who like to root for the underdog.

If you want to talk trash on the Lakers, a Laker fans' case is easily made by pointing at the 16 banners and the legacy of the team.  There is no war when one group is clearly the dominant one.

#6 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,393 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 02:43 PM

Myth.

Most of the people just flat out hate the Lakers. I've got a lot friends like that.

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, November 06, 2013 - 02:44 PM.

MMiRi9s.png

#7 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,536 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 06, 2013 - 02:44 PM

I used to go to Clippers games (pre-Chris Paul) because they sold tickets for like $7 because nobody ever went. Staples was only about 1/2 full every time. There have always been some real Clippers fans, but I'd say an easy 75% of people who say they like the Clippers now are bandwagon fans. Almost nobody like them until they were lob city, that's just a fact. I lived it, I witnessed it for multiple years. I would go to Lakers games and there was hardly an empty seat in the house, but the Clippers were practically giving tickets away to put just 8,000 people in the stands. The Lakers still sell tickets easy, because they have a real fanbase. When the Clippers suck again eventually, they'll go back to what they were. The bandwagon fans will move on to the next big thing. No matter what the state of the Lakers is, they will be LA's team. Doesn't matter if they're .500, the Lakers own LA and I think if the Clippers really wanted their own identity and a chance to not play second fiddle they would move to San Diego or Anaheim at least. 

And I don't agree with the part about Kobe, I believe the Lakers can still contend with him as part of the team. The rest of the article is pretty accurate though in my opinion. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users