BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,737 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 14, 2013 - 07:55 AM

Webber was a bit better in my opinion.

Memphis had a make up similar to those Kings

With Eddie Jones, Damon Stodamire, Posey, Battier, Mike Miller.

Pau aint Webber. But comparable.
Duncan
KG
Dirk
Webber
Pau

#122 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 14, 2013 - 08:21 AM

Really depends on the big & his skills if he can fit this system. A big that doesnt need plays ran for him that just does #s off of his energy & relentlessness can work for this current style of O ala Jordan, JaVale, & Tyson. The more skilled type bigs have to be hybrid players that can create for themselves off the dribble & shoot mid range that could flourish in this system ala Aldridge, Love, Lee, Millsap, Bosh, Taj & prototypical big that could work Lopez & D12 (if he gave full effort)

You may be right. I don't see the effort. I also don't see this being the right system for any TRUE Big Man either. If you were hearing constant trade rumors, had no chance at a ring and were in your last year of a contract, and had the name Gasol would go at it like a mad man?? This is a business. I agree Pau looks bad. I just don't believe he's healthy. I also don't know if he can get healthy. Like I said 2 years ago. He and Metta should have been traded. I believe we will trade him now but we won't get as much

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#123 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,737 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 14, 2013 - 08:35 AM

Why do fans question EFFORT. There is no way for u to tell if Pau is sick( like Lakers claimed(. If he's old and or hurt and if he is not playing with as much energy as he needs.

I personally think Pau looks very bad when not healthy. Last year he was horrible until he got healthy then he was great.

Hopefully Pau plays his best ball after the ASB.

#124 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 14, 2013 - 08:39 AM

Why do fans question EFFORT. There is no way for u to tell if Pau is sick( like Lakers claimed(. If he's old and or hurt and if he is not playing with as much energy as he needs.

I personally think Pau looks very bad when not healthy. Last year he was horrible until he got healthy then he was great.

Hopefully Pau plays his best ball after the ASB.

lol he never looked great last year.

#125 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,272 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted November 14, 2013 - 09:50 AM

Read your post and then read mine. You said that Webber played with all stars and I said he really didn't. That team was good but they complemented each other and was a nasty team together. Bibby wouldn't have been recognized if he didn't get traded to SAC and played with Webber. Mike Bibby wasn't a 18 5 point guard with SAC while Webber was there, and even if he did still doesn't make him an all star player. The only reason he got over 18 points that 2003-04 and 2004-05 season because Webber had the injury and played only 23 games that 2003-04 season so Bibby had to step up and take care most of the scoring load. I thought Bibby was and only an allstar in 2005 but there were already too many allstars at that time but that was only one year and I don't consider a all star player an all star for just one year play. And the Kings wasn't good when Webber left. Of course his stats went up and he looked like one. He had to do more. Good player, clutch but not an all star player.

2001-02 13 PPG 5 AST

2002-03 15 PPG 5 AST

2003-04 18 PPG 5 AST

2004-05 19 PPG 6 AST

No the reason Webber got traded because his mobility,athleticism, agility, were never the same after the microfracture surgery yet he still went on to average good numbers. You know why he was banned from Michigan and no it is the other way around Webber barley spoke to fab five. He has his personal reasons for why he separated himself from them. That same Washington team that he lead to the playoffs for the first time in nine years. Ok. He established himself as a great PF in the game when he was with the Bullets. Hell Bibby didn't come to the Kings until 2001 they were already a good team before that and he was already putting up similar numbers when he wasn't with J Will, Bibby, Stojakovic, Divac., D. Christie, B. Jackson, young Wallace (who barely played) and Hedo didn't come until 2000 but Hedo was ok at that time and still was young too nd not the Hedo that we know now. Pau still played with Kobe another elite player, one of the greatest of all time by the way to get those 2 championships and that hall of fame is because international factor and Kobe. Pau didn't start being called a great pf and one of the best until he got to the Lakers. Webber always been great and the best player on his team. High school, college, and the pros.  I will admit not 10x but its not even close prime webber is better than prime gasol. "He Gonna Learn Today" Uhhh No The [expletive] I'm Not! :laughing:

Yeah that makes sense. No, you said Mike Bibby was just GOOD like was Ramon Sessions or something. Dude read your own post.  Mike Bibby was an 18 and 5 point guard with SAC who never made an all star team. UUUU Kobe, Nash, and 1 or 2 others were busy occupying those spots. Hmmmm wonder why Bibby didn't make it over Kobe ??? Duuuuuuhhh..When webber left Bibby avergaed over 20 ppg.  And I guess being that Webber is TEN TIMES better he would have scored 270 points against Denver last night. By the way what was Webber doing at this point in his career. Thats right he was busy being traded to 2 or 3 different teams because he sucked just like Pau.. Pau was elite in his day. He's not elite now. And how many ELITE 32 or 33 year olds do you recall?? I'll let you GOOGLE that one young man. And by the way; this is the Chris Webber who not only won an NCAA championship but was banned from Michigan and the rest of the team barely speaks to him because of his ELITE character right??. (MAN) And by the way what help did Pau have in Memphis. None!! just like Webber had in Washington at the beginning of his career. Where did Chris lead Washington?? That's right they traded him and he didn't want to leave nor go to SAC. If I'm mot mistaken Chis was only scraping 20 and 10 with his years in Washington and didn't blow up intl he had the help of Bibby, Stojakovic, Divac (Hall of Fame Candidate) Gerald Wallace and a young Bobby Jackson.in SAC. He also had a young Hedo on his team. Cmon man, do you really want to ride this train?? 10X Really??? Dude I'm not sure if anyone was 10x Better than Pau in his prime 10X??!!! Do you know what 10X is??? Either way when Pau goes to the Hall of Fame I guess you and Webber can hold up signs saying I'm 10X better than a Hall of Famer with two rings an we have zero combined. I also guess Pau wasn't ELITE enough to be the main difference for the Lakers going from crap to 3 straight championship appearances. Excuse me Nation you guys know I never get into these long ones but "He Gonna Learn Today" No drawers!!!   :laughing:

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, November 15, 2013 - 01:18 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#126 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,940 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 14, 2013 - 09:51 AM

Chris webber couldn't even remember if he has a timeout or not!!!

#127 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,097 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 14, 2013 - 02:20 PM

Chris webber couldn't even remember if he has a timeout or not!!!

And Pau used a pump fake against Ricky Rubio and still got blocked by him. 

So what?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#128 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 16, 2013 - 03:30 AM

#1 Bibby made them a great team and 2 Webber was traded in his prime from Washington. Good Lord!! I'm just happy your Googling supported everything I posted from memory. But you rally need to think. If Webber is there taking more shots, of course a TRUE point guard isn't going to average as many points. And by the way, Pau was considered great when he left Memphis which is why the league was in an uproar regarding what we gave up for him, it was also why the organization kept him and why Kobe didn't want to let him go. Webber by the way didn't separate himself. He lied to try to separate himself from what he was receiving just like Jalen and the rest. I believe you younguns call it snitching. So Don't even try it. How many all star games did Webber make it to VS Pau?? Like I said  Webber was definately better than Pau but that gap is small and lord forbid if you inject character into the equation. No All Stars?? One or two of them may make the Hall Of Fame. Are you serious?? They don't have to be All Stars that year?? Cmon MAN

Read your post and then read mine. You said that Webber played with all stars and I said he really didn't. That team was good but they complemented each other and was a nasty team together. Bibby wouldn't have been recognized if he didn't get traded to SAC and played with Webber. Mike Bibby wasn't a 18 5 point guard with SAC while Webber was there, and even if he did still doesn't make him an all star player. The only reason he got over 18 points that 2003-04 and 2004-05 season because Webber had the injury and played only 23 games that 2003-04 season so Bibby had to step up and take care most of the scoring load. I thought Bibby was and only an allstar in 2005 but there were already too many allstars at that time but that was only one year and I don't consider a all star player an all star for just one year play. And the Kings wasn't good when Webber left. Of course his stats went up and he looked like one. He had to do more. Good player, clutch but not an all star player.

2001-02 13 PPG 5 AST

2002-03 15 PPG 5 AST

2003-04 18 PPG 5 AST

2004-05 19 PPG 6 AST

No the reason Webber got traded because his mobility,athleticism, agility, were never the same after the microfracture surgery yet he still went on to average good numbers. You know why he was banned from Michigan and no it is the other way around Webber barley spoke to fab five. He has his personal reasons for why he separated himself from them. That same Washington team that he lead to the playoffs for the first time in nine years. Ok. He established himself as a great PF in the game when he was with the Bullets. Hell Bibby didn't come to the Kings until 2001 they were already a good team before that and he was already putting up similar numbers when he wasn't with J Will, Bibby, Stojakovic, Divac., D. Christie, B. Jackson, young Wallace (who barely played) and Hedo didn't come until 2000 but Hedo was ok at that time and still was young too nd not the Hedo that we know now. Pau still played with Kobe another elite player, one of the greatest of all time by the way to get those 2 championships and that hall of fame is because international factor and Kobe. Pau didn't start being called a great pf and one of the best until he got to the Lakers. Webber always been great and the best player on his team. High school, college, and the pros.  I will admit not 10x but its not even close prime webber is better than prime gasol. "He Gonna Learn Today" Uhhh No The [expletive] I'm Not! :laughing:

#129 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,272 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted November 16, 2013 - 11:55 AM

Of course Bibby made them a great team no one said he didn't.  When Webber established himself has one of the best PF in the game he was 24 when he got traded from Washington, dude was still young that is not prime years. What are you even talking about lol. You need to think.  Webber wasn't there taking more shots he was injured so Bibby had to take a lot more shots to get those points because their best player wasn't playing. Oh ok so he isn't going to average many points because he was a true point guard and Webber was taking all the shots but he was a 18 6 guard when he was in SAC. lol your something else. Pau was not consider one of the best PF in the game when he got traded to the Lakers don't give me that bull. Webber didn't need any more shame so he lied. He was the only member of the Fab Five to get caught taking money from Martin. Was he the only one who actually did? of course not, hell Jalen even said that he took money too but he didn't lie like Webber did. Webber was the dude that took all the blame and Michigan banned only him. Michigan deleted Webber's records from its record book. Basically erased him from history and that is hurtful for all the things he and his teammates have done for that school. So Webber had separated himself from Michigan as much as Michigan has separated itself from him.  He was the dude that took down Michigan, brought down those banners and called the timeout. And that shamed him and he felt embarrassed and hurt. It was a lot to take so he wanted to separated himself from everything. You acting like basketball players aren't allowed to mess up. 5x all star to pau's 4 all star that doesn't mean that Webber was slightly better than pau tho. You really thought I meant he 10x better of course not lol but imo Webber and it's not close. I'm done posting in this topic.

#1 Bibby made them a great team and 2 Webber was traded in his prime from Washington. Good Lord!! I'm just happy your Googling supported everything I posted from memory. But you rally need to think. If Webber is there taking more shots, of course a TRUE point guard isn't going to average as many points. And by the way, Pau was considered great when he left Memphis which is why the league was in an uproar regarding what we gave up for him, it was also why the organization kept him and why Kobe didn't want to let him go. Webber by the way didn't separate himself. He lied to try to separate himself from what he was receiving just like Jalen and the rest. I believe you younguns call it snitching. So Don't even try it. How many all star games did Webber make it to VS Pau?? Like I said  Webber was definately better than Pau but that gap is small and lord forbid if you inject character into the equation. No All Stars?? One or two of them may make the Hall Of Fame. Are you serious?? They don't have to be All Stars that year?? Cmon MAN

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, November 16, 2013 - 12:44 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users