#101 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,130 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 09, 2013 - 06:01 PM

Pau hasn't been the same since the trade was vetoed.

2011 playoffs he was pretty bad too, but not this bad 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#102 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,141 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 09, 2013 - 06:31 PM

2011 playoffs he was pretty bad too, but not this bad 

yeah and that season he was still a 17/11 guy

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#103 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 10, 2013 - 07:08 AM

Sooooooo   Webber was an Elite player at Pau's age? I believe Webber was over paid for years before he retired. I didn't see him giving any money back when his knee's went. I didn't see him retire early so the team wouldn't suffer due to his big ass contract. At Pau's age Webber was probably 19/9 and wasn't sharing minutes or having to deal with any of the BS Pau had to. I'm sure if Pau plays 38 minutes per game he'd be 19/9 also. IMO Pau still does not look 100%. I think Pau's biggest issues are his health and he's too much of a nice guy

#104 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 07:24 AM

So Pau wasn't a beast in his prime?? Webber had maybe 6 GREAT seasons. You need to check Pau's Memphis stats before you check the box that says this is so lopsided in Webbers favor. Webber over his career played with way better players than Pau. As a matter of fact, Webbers Sacramento days had more All Stars on their teams than Pau played with his whole career. Let's see Webber average 25ppg playing with Kobe...  Yeah Right

Webber could have won a title if it wasn't for the Lakers and refs and didn't really play with another superstar as himself. Webber is 10x better than Pau would ever be. Webber was a beast in his prime and was an elite player.

Edited by lakersince75, November 10, 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#105 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 07:44 AM

David Lee and Zach Randolph post up the same stats (maybe better) as Pau's when he was in Memphis. They are nothing special.

Pau owes his reputation in NBA to Lakers and mainly Kobe/Phil. In Europe he is certainly a legend, much more than Dirk.

#106 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,348 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted November 10, 2013 - 10:23 AM

So Pau wasn't a beast in his prime?? Webber had maybe 6 GREAT seasons. You need to check Pau's Memphis stats before you check the box that says this is so lopsided in Webbers favor. Webber over his career played with way better players than Pau. As a matter of fact, Webbers Sacramento days had more All Stars on their teams than Pau played with his whole career. Let's see Webber average 25ppg playing with Kobe...  Yeah Right

Go back and read the posts I'm not going to say it again. Pau was a beast in his prime but Webber was 10x better player than Pau. if you can't tell who is a first tier player from a second tier player than something is wrong with you. It is a lopsided in Webber's favor because he is much better player. It's that simple. May be you need to start watching the games and hop off Pau's nut sack. Pau played with less all stars true.. which makes him the man in Memphis, the go to guy  and yet he still looked like a second option player, never average over 20, only took 13 shots a game and never got them no where. i know a lot of players in the NBA that did what Pau did. Webber played with average players and actually made these guys better and they wasn't really all stars more like really good roleplayers. (only two players that were all stars more than just once were Webber and Stojakovic) He was the best player on that team, the go to guy, and got Kings further to the playoffs and nearly took them to the NBA Championship and would have won it if it wasn't for Big Shot Rob and the refs. He was a MVP candidate. He is a better player than Pau. It is that simple. I'm pretty sure he could average 25ppg playing with Kobe and probably won more than just 2 titles with him.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, November 10, 2013 - 11:21 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#107 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,919 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 10, 2013 - 12:50 PM

Gasol has been an elite player at a time in his career. Is he currently? The stats speak for themselves, but sometimes the numbers alone do not do it justice. I find it interesting to look at visual representations, so let us examine some.

CD5gqkz.jpg

There is a lot more than one graph can reveal, so I will break it up into multiple charts. Offense, Defense, and Other.

Offense

zpkJkF3.jpg

pe9zRB4.jpg

5eDMTMo.jpg

yIs4kYd.jpg

Defense

3fB0ynJ.jpg

MsoRCMx.jpg

Vkt2mnz.jpg

Other

GPtXdU3.jpg

HJN2v6S.jpg

It should also be noted that Pau Gasol is a 2x NBA champion and a 4x NBA All-Star.

With all of this stated, it appears that Gasol's offensive game has been on a decline as of late. Since 2011, we see Pau's scoring and FG% declining. Additionally, his offensive rebounding has been declining since 2010, but has remained pretty general over the span of his entire career. Gasol's assists have remained somewhat neutral during his Laker career.

Remember game 6 of 2008? Coincidentally, Pau Gasol's defense was declining. Look at his blocks and steals for 2007-2008. He came back and worked hard in 2009 and 2010, obviously reflected in the defensive statistics. Right now, we are seeing a similar trend to 2007-2008. Gasol's blocks and steals are starting to decline, and sadly, we are seeing Gasol approach lower amounts of minutes played, comparable to the 2003-2004 period.

It should be noted that the current 2014 plots should be taken with a grain of salt, as we've only played a few games and a lot could change due to various unknown factors. If we wanted to, we could apply an LSLR to the dataset and make statistical predictions as to how Gasol will play this 2014 season. I am not interested in doing this right now but will definitely follow up with it later, unless somebody beats me to it.

Here is the excel sheet with all of the data if anyone is interested in manipulating the data throughout the year: https://mega.co.nz/#...yHlgRHXuVWiZrf8

Conclusion: Gasol has been an elite player and has been a major contributing factor toward some of the Lakers' success. Gasol also compliments Kobe Bryant well. With all of this stated, it appears that Gasol is on an overall general decline.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#108 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 10, 2013 - 12:58 PM

Webber was only a elite injury. Injured 33% of his career. He was and always will be a waste of money. Im surprised he hasn't got a commentator injury and went on short term disability or workers comp.

Edited by LakersGAFan, November 10, 2013 - 12:59 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#109 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 06:34 PM

UUUUUUUUUUUUh  Mike Bibby?? Dude please don't test me regarding NBA history. If you read your own post you said Pau averaged 18 or 19 points on 13 shots. Now he's a center which means in most cases the ball needs to be thrown into the center. Which means if Magic Johnson or John Stockton played with Memphis back then instead of some scrubs, Pau get 20 shots. Duh! 25 points per game. As far as that 10X better thing, you really have no idea. The funny thing is I'm not a Pau Fan. I thought he should have been traded after the second championship when his stock was high.

Go back and read the posts I'm not going to say it again. Pau was a beast in his prime but Webber was 10x better player than Pau. if you can't tell who is a first tier player from a second tier player than something is wrong with you. It is a lopsided in Webber's favor because he is much better player. It's that simple. May be you need to start watching the games and hop off Pau's nut sack. Pau played with less all stars true.. which makes him the man in Memphis, the go to guy  and yet he still looked like a second option player, never average over 20, only took 13 shots a game and never got them no where. i know a lot of players in the NBA that did what Pau did. Webber played with average players and actually made these guys better and they wasn't really all stars more like really good roleplayers. (only two players that were all stars more than just once were Webber and Stojakovic) He was the best player on that team, the go to guy, and got Kings further to the playoffs and nearly took them to the NBA Championship and would have won it if it wasn't for Big Shot Rob and the refs. He was a MVP candidate. He is a better player than Pau. It is that simple. I'm pretty sure he could average 25ppg playing with Kobe and probably won more than just 2 titles with him.

#110 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,348 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 08:45 PM

uuuuuuuuuhhhhh Mike Bibby wasn't an all star lmao. Mike was a good player tho. I can tell you don't know what you're talking bout. Magic and Stockon doesn't have nothing to do with Pau so that is irrelevant. Pau was the go to guy and never took more than 13 shots. I don't wanna hear know if he took 20 shots he would.. he didn't. I don't give a flying [expletive] if you is or not a Pau fan fact still remains that CWebb is 10x better than Pau.

UUUUUUUUUUUUh  Mike Bibby?? Dude please don't test me regarding NBA history. If you read your own post you said Pau averaged 18 or 19 points on 13 shots. Now he's a center which means in most cases the ball needs to be thrown into the center. Which means if Magic Johnson or John Stockton played with Memphis back then instead of some scrubs, Pau get 20 shots. Duh! 25 points per game. As far as that 10X better thing, you really have no idea. The funny thing is I'm not a Pau Fan. I thought he should have been traded after the second championship when his stock was high.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, November 11, 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#111 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,141 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 11, 2013 - 09:32 PM

from Pau

"Unfortunately, I had to go through two weeks of this respiratory infection that has been killing me. But now I feel better. I finally feel like I’m over it. I was able to push myself better, and I felt better (Sunday). So I look forward to continuing to build on that and get closer to that hundred percent." - Pau Gasol

We'll see Pau...  You got a rematch with Anthony Davis up next, let's see how much of it was upper respiratory and how much of it is just reality.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#112 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 12, 2013 - 07:02 AM

Apologist for PAu = you do realize he does 13 & 7 in first 2 quarters of a gm & then finishes that gm with a stat line of 16 & 9 = Pau just being lazy period no butts about it.

Sooooooo   Webber was an Elite player at Pau's age? I believe Webber was over paid for years before he retired. I didn't see him giving any money back when his knee's went. I didn't see him retire early so the team wouldn't suffer due to his big ass contract. At Pau's age Webber was probably 19/9 and wasn't sharing minutes or having to deal with any of the BS Pau had to. I'm sure if Pau plays 38 minutes per game he'd be 19/9 also. IMO Pau still does not look 100%. I think Pau's biggest issues are his health and he's too much of a nice guy

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#113 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 04:36 AM

I use to think this guy was bright but I should have listened to the majority of you guys on this site. Okay I'm done with the guy that thinks a non finalist is 10X better than Pau in his prime. Also done with someone who doesn't realize how GREAT Mike Bibby was in his prime. And done with someone who only GOOGLES for his opinions and really doesn't know basketball history. How can a person make a statement (Pau took 13 shots per game) and then says that doesn't make a difference. This is a funny dude or chick. Not sure which, I wouldn't want to appear sexist

uuuuuuuuuhhhhh Mike Bibby wasn't an all star lmao. Mike was a good player tho. I can tell you don't know what you're talking bout. Magic and Stockon doesn't have nothing to do with Pau so that is irrelevant. Pau was the go to guy and never took more than 13 shots. I don't wanna hear know if he took 20 shots he would.. he didn't. I don't give a flying [expletive] if you is or not a Pau fan fact still remains that CWebb is 10x better than Pau.

#114 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 04:46 AM

You may be right. I don't see the effort. I also don't see this being the right system for any TRUE Big Man either. If you were hearing constant trade rumors, had no chance at a ring and were in your last year of a contract, and had the name Gasol would go at it like a mad man?? This is a business. I agree Pau looks bad. I just don't believe he's healthy. I also don't know if he can get healthy. Like I said 2 years ago. He and Metta should have been traded. I believe we will trade him now but we won't get as much

Apologist for PAu = you do realize he does 13 & 7 in first 2 quarters of a gm & then finishes that gm with a stat line of 16 & 9 = Pau just being lazy period no butts about it.

#115 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 13, 2013 - 05:54 AM

I'm asking the mods for a favor. Please lock this thread so I don't have to see the name Chris Webber in Lakers talk any more. That is all.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#116 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,348 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Lmao i don't care if u thought I was bright I can tell you aren't at all. Mostly everyone on this topic agreed. I never said Mike Bibby wasn't great I said he wasn't an All Star and you have no prove that he was. Without Chris Webber Kings wouldn't have been recognized and just like without Chris Webber Fab Five don't go to 2 straight NCAA Championships. He was the heart and soul of both. Google?? wtf it's funny because all of this is coming straight from the head. U sir don't know [expletive] about basketball history. I never said Pau doesn't make a difference I said he is a second option player and a second tier player.  Shaq was a elite player who played with another elite player Kobe who took just as the same shots as him. Two alpha dogs. His touches didn't change even when he was with ORL. Shaq always been elite, Kobe always been elite, CWebb always been elite and a alpha dog. They all could carry a team Pau couldn't. All three was a MVP candidates (Kobe and Shaq won) Pau was never one.  A prime Pau is not better than prime Chris Webber. They weren't on the same level.  It's the dumbest [expletive] I ever heard. Chris Webber damn near does everything better than Pau Skillwise including passion and heart. People must be forgetting what he was like back in the day. You must have never watched a prime Webber before. You would know this if you knew ya history like you claim you do. This is too easy! I'm a man by the way.

I use to think this guy was bright but I should have listened to the majority of you guys on this site. Okay I'm done with the guy that thinks a non finalist is 10X better than Pau in his prime. Also done with someone who doesn't realize how GREAT Mike Bibby was in his prime. And done with someone who only GOOGLES for his opinions and really doesn't know basketball history. How can a person make a statement (Pau took 13 shots per game) and then says that doesn't make a difference. This is a funny dude or chick. Not sure which, I wouldn't want to appear sexist

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, November 13, 2013 - 02:39 PM.

• 40,400 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 05:55 PM

I'm a man by the way.

You're 40?

yo.

#118 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,348 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 06:15 PM

You're 40?

no 20

#119 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts

Posted November 14, 2013 - 02:50 AM

Yeah that makes sense. No, you said Mike Bibby was just GOOD like was Ramon Sessions or something. Dude read your own post.  Mike Bibby was an 18 and 5 point guard with SAC who never made an all star team. UUUU Kobe, Nash, and 1 or 2 others were busy occupying those spots. Hmmmm wonder why Bibby didn't make it over Kobe ??? Duuuuuuhhh..When webber left Bibby avergaed over 20 ppg.  And I guess being that Webber is TEN TIMES better he would have scored 270 points against Denver last night. By the way what was Webber doing at this point in his career. Thats right he was busy being traded to 2 or 3 different teams because he sucked just like Pau.. Pau was elite in his day. He's not elite now. And how many ELITE 32 or 33 year olds do you recall?? I'll let you GOOGLE that one young man. And by the way; this is the Chris Webber who not only won an NCAA championship but was banned from Michigan and the rest of the team barely speaks to him because of his ELITE character right??. (MAN) And by the way what help did Pau have in Memphis. None!! just like Webber had in Washington at the beginning of his career. Where did Chris lead Washington?? That's right they traded him and he didn't want to leave nor go to SAC. If I'm mot mistaken Chis was only scraping 20 and 10 with his years in Washington and didn't blow up intl he had the help of Bibby, Stojakovic, Divac (Hall of Fame Candidate) Gerald Wallace and a young Bobby Jackson.in SAC. He also had a young Hedo on his team. Cmon man, do you really want to ride this train?? 10X Really??? Dude I'm not sure if anyone was 10x Better than Pau in his prime 10X??!!! Do you know what 10X is??? Either way when Pau goes to the Hall of Fame I guess you and Webber can hold up signs saying I'm 10X better than a Hall of Famer with two rings an we have zero combined. I also guess Pau wasn't ELITE enough to be the main difference for the Lakers going from crap to 3 straight championship appearances. Excuse me Nation you guys know I never get into these long ones but "He Gonna Learn Today" No drawers!!!   :laughing:

Lmao i don't care if u thought I was bright I can tell you aren't at all. Mostly everyone on this topic agreed. I never said Mike Bibby wasn't great I said he wasn't an All Star and you have no prove that he was. Without Chris Webber Kings wouldn't have been recognized and just like without Chris Webber Fab Five don't go to 2 straight NCAA Championships. He was the heart and soul of both. Google?? wtf it's funny because all of this is coming straight from the head. U sir don't know [expletive] about basketball history. I never said Pau doesn't make a difference I said he is a second option player and a second tier player.  Shaq was a elite player who played with another elite player Kobe who took just as the same shots as him. Two alpha dogs. His touches didn't change even when he was with ORL. Shaq always been elite, Kobe always been elite, CWebb always been elite and a alpha dog. They all could carry a team Pau couldn't. All three was a MVP candidates (Kobe and Shaq won) Pau was never one.  A prime Pau is not better than prime Chris Webber. They weren't on the same level.  It's the dumbest [expletive] I ever heard. Chris Webber damn near does everything better than Pau Skillwise including passion and heart. People must be forgetting what he was like back in the day. You must have never watched a prime Webber before. You would know this if you knew ya history like you claim you do. This is too easy! I'm a man by the way.

Edited by lakersince75, November 14, 2013 - 03:15 AM.

#120 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 14, 2013 - 07:46 AM

the HOF is a joke

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users