Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,996 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 06, 2013 - 01:37 AM

I thought Chris was a Kings fan...

1. No he's not a elite player- elite players get- Buckets-assist -rebounds 10 pts- 8 Rebs- no offensive boards- you are not a elite big man!

Once it became clear that Kobe Bryant would potentially miss considerable time with the Achilles injury, the attention was directed toward Steve Nash and Pau Gasol to shoulder the load for the Los Angeles Lakers heading into the 2013-14 NBA season.

Both veterans had been the undisputed leaders for their former teams, Memphis Grizzlies and Phoenix Suns, and were more than capable of shouldering the load at one point in their careers, but now that no longer seems to be the case.

During the loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday, current NBA analyst and former face of the Sacramento Kings franchise, Chris Webber, blasted Gasol for not being the elite player of old.

With only 10 points and eight rebounds in an ugly loss to the Mavs, Gasol failed to show up in Dallas and Webber had no problem calling him out via Twitter:

Read More Here:  http://www.lakersnat...ite/2013/11/06/

Got to admit, I myself was disappointed in Gasol only putting 6 points on the board when he had Dejuan Blair (6'7) guarding him most of the night and never trying to front the post till we were already down 29 to get his points.. But I didn't expect Webber(who picked us to beat Dallas) to lash out like that at him directly.

Edited by Majesty, November 06, 2013 - 02:19 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,459 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2013 - 01:40 AM

Uhh..duh?
iyjywo.jpg

#3 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 813 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 06, 2013 - 02:14 AM

I'm DONE defending pau after all these years, specially always giving him the benefit of the doubt

but damn man every game he pisses me off

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,423 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 06, 2013 - 04:30 AM

CWebb TIME OUT (with no TO's left)

If game recognize game and CWebb was never actually elite himself why is he speaking.

#5 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 06, 2013 - 04:45 AM

Hate when ex-nba players try to make themselves relevant by attacking current players - even if they're right.

Pau elite? Not so much anymore, but with the right PF (like Anthony Davis or KG), he could be very good.

#6 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,729 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 06, 2013 - 05:19 AM

Well Pau's never been an elite player to begin with.  He's a great player with a great skillset but elite is cream of the crop.  Prime Kobe, Lebron, prime Dwade or prime Duncan.  Those are elite players.  Pau has never been in that circle of players. 

Hate when ex-nba players try to make themselves relevant by attacking current players - even if they're right.

Pau elite? Not so much anymore, but with the right PF (like Anthony Davis or KG), he could be very good.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#7 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,729 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 05:31 AM

Pau has posted up 30 times in 4 games and is shooting 37% from the post.  I'm not ready to write him off just yet but 37% in 4 games when he hasn't faced a dominant post D threat yet isn't very promising. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 06, 2013 - 05:46 AM

People have different definitions of the term elite. I personally think Pau was pretty damn close to elite the first few season he was in LA with his combination of size and skill.

I'm not ready to write him off yet either - he is still putting up a solid 15 and 10 with 3.5 apg and a block and he's added a 3pt-shot to his game and is currently both taking and hitting them.

My problem with Pau is that he needs a certain type of player at the 4 to be successful. Either someone who is an elite defender, like Anthony Davis or KG, or a hustle/rebound-guy, like Anderson Varejao or Jordan Hill. Unfortunately we have a coach who doesn't think rebounding, hustle and defense is worth having in our frontcourt.

#9 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 06:54 AM

In title years Pau was a Top 10 player. He really elevated his play after 2008 humiliation. But after that, he looked like he didn't care enough and produced excuses for his lack of focus, intensity etc.

Honestly I'm still a bit disappointed. For all his comeback talks in preseason, I haven't seen a proper performance from him. It could be due to absence of Kobe but Pau played good games before when Kobe was out. It is time for him to step up, not just for Lakers but also if he wants another big paycheck.

#10 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,205 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2013 - 06:58 AM

takes one to know one.

#11 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,729 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 07:25 AM

People have different definitions of the term elite. I personally think Pau was pretty damn close to elite the first few season he was in LA with his combination of size and skill.

I'm not ready to write him off yet either - he is still putting up a solid 15 and 10 with 3.5 apg and a block and he's added a 3pt-shot to his game and is currently both taking and hitting them.

My problem with Pau is that he needs a certain type of player at the 4 to be successful. Either someone who is an elite defender, like Anthony Davis or KG, or a hustle/rebound-guy, like Anderson Varejao or Jordan Hill. Unfortunately we have a coach who doesn't think rebounding, hustle and defense is worth having in our frontcourt.

Don't put the blame on MDA.  He's using the cards he was dealt.  How can you say he doesn't care about those things when we don't have the players that can do those things.  Hill is the only real hustler rebounder we have.  He isn't very good in long stretches either. 

#12 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted November 06, 2013 - 07:34 AM

While it goes without saying at this point, I don't think Webber should get on his high horses and begin targeting easy to critique players like Gasol, and yet is unconditionally praiseful of players like Howard, faith in players like Stoudemire, I remember him calling Dirk a weak leader and so on. He is just a mediocre analyst and was an average NBA player, never liked he guy.

#13 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2013 - 07:36 AM

Sorry Chris Webber, Windu beat you to this like 2 years ago.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#14 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 06, 2013 - 07:40 AM

Sorry Chris Webber, Windu beat you to this like 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Pau Gasol is GONE

#15 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2013 - 07:45 AM

3 years ago

Sorry, I stand corrected.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#16 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,235 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2013 - 07:50 AM

I take a bad knees C.Webb over Pau right now. At least I know C.Webb has that dog in him. Sheesh
Posted Image

#17 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 06, 2013 - 08:09 AM

I love pau but to be honest he wont ever be the same trade him now while we can. Im sure Kobe has figured out pau id crap now too

#18 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,383 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2013 - 08:13 AM

Career:

Webber - 20/10 w/ zero titles

Gasol - 18/9 w/ two titles

Gasol hasn't been elite for the last few seasons but at least he has something to show for it when he was an elite player.

Oh and both have averaged same amount of offensive boards per game over their career.

#19 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted November 06, 2013 - 08:27 AM

^

That is what I was noticing too, his 20/10 seasons, both are 2.65 offensive boards average. Plus Webber had some mediocre final season in Philly and Detroit.

#20 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 06, 2013 - 08:28 AM

Webber > Gasol

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users