^ Why are you still talking?

#22 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,147 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 12:49 AM

Just saw your warning west coast in another thread

Deleted my post

Edited by last stand 2.0, November 06, 2013 - 01:02 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 06, 2013 - 03:11 PM

^ Why are you still talking?

I'm not talking, I'm typing. There's a difference  :laughing:

#24 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2013 - 08:15 PM

^ Classic strawman ladies and gentleman.

#25 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 11:36 AM

I'm not sure you understand what a straw man (two words by the way) argument is. You didn't make a claim therefore I didn't commit a fallacy. You should have said" You should stop talking" but you didn't. Thanks for playing this game. Now let's get back to this topic  :clap2:

#26 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,907 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 07, 2013 - 11:42 AM

Lmao do you even know what a straw man is? Be honest dog?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#27 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 02:27 PM

Sorry double post.

Edited by Paris, November 07, 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#28 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm not sure you understand what a straw man (two words by the way) argument is. You didn't make a claim therefore I didn't commit a fallacy. You should have said" You should stop talking" but you didn't. Thanks for playing this game. Now let's get back to this topic  :clap2:

Lmao do you even know what a straw man is? Be honest dog?

Before I destroy your logic, are you guys brothers or something?

Moving on, this is a thread about Dwight Howard. You( and Jody Smokes) always walk into every Howard thread and say " Lol, who carez, Dwight is gone, get over it" or " Oh look another Dwight Howard thread, LULZ Nobodiez Carez anymore", yet you consistently post in Dwight Howard thread after Dwight Howard thread.

Logic?

So here we are, in another DH thread and long behold, Harry Styles is posting in it, again continuing his same tired old worn out shtick. Maybe I should have explained what I was really trying to ask you completely since it seems I'm arguing with a child, but better late than never I guess.

If you find this thread pointless, (as you do all DH threads after his departure) why do you for some reason feel the need to continue to tell people who simply do not care in the slightest. We've heard it over and over, we get. K.

Oh and Jody Smokes,

Straw man: A common type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. The misrepresentation can be intentional or accidental. It is possible to unintentionally misrepresent an opponent's argument by failing to understand it in the first place and honestly communicating what one (wrongly) thinks is the actual argument. This can lead to opposition believing the creation of a straw man argument to be intended, when it may or may not be.

To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position. This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged, emotional issues. In those cases the false victory is often loudly or conspicuously celebrated.

That's the definition from Wikipedia. Sound's like what he did to me. The guy clearly has a problem dicussing Dwight, So I asked him why he was still talking ( should have made it more clear for him I guess) but he went with a smart comment instead of actually answering the question.

I fully expect you or him to do the exact same thing here, No biggie tho, I understand what type of poster's you are. Instead of refuting points and having debates, you guys like to attack people's intellect and correct people's spelling over the internet. I'm sure you might find a few in there somewhere, because I'm not perfect, nor do I spell check to post on a forum, so have at it.

Edited by Paris, November 07, 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#29 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 03:05 PM

Before I destroy your logic, are you guys brothers or something?

Moving on, this is a thread about Dwight Howard. You( and Jody Smokes) always walk into every Howard thread and say " Lol, who carez, Dwight is gone, get over it" or " Oh look another Dwight Howard thread, LULZ Nobodiez Carez anymore", yet you consistently post in Dwight Howard thread after Dwight Howard thread.

Logic?

So here we are, in another DH thread and long behold, Harry Styles is posting in it, again continuing his same tired old worn out shtick. Maybe I should have explained what I was really trying to ask you completely since it seems I'm arguing with a child, but better late than never I guess.

If you find this thread pointless, (as you do all DH threads after his departure) why do you for some reason feel the need to continue to tell people who simply do not care in the slightest. We've heard it over and over, we get. K.

Oh and Jody Smokes,

Straw man: A common type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. The misrepresentation can be intentional or accidental. It is possible to unintentionally misrepresent an opponent's argument by failing to understand it in the first place and honestly communicating what one (wrongly) thinks is the actual argument. This can lead to opposition believing the creation of a straw man argument to be intended, when it may or may not be.

To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position. This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged, emotional issues. In those cases the false victory is often loudly or conspicuously celebrated.

That's the definition from Wikipedia. Sound's like what he did to me. The guy clearly has a problem dicussing Dwight, So I asked him why he was still talking ( should have made it more clear for him I guess) but he went with a smart comment instead of actually answering the question.

I fully expect you or him to do the exact same thing here, No biggie tho, I understand what type of poster's you are. Instead of refuting points and having debates, you guys like to attack people's intellect and correct people's spelling over the internet. I'm sure you might find a few in there somewhere, because I'm not perfect, nor do I spell check to post on a forum, so have at it.

1)I can only speak for myself, but I don't come into every thread about Dwight complaining. One of my posts was a reference to West Coast locking a thread(deservedly so) about the Lakers being over. 2) If you passed 9th grade English, you would know what a "straw man" argument is. I don't need Wikipedia(which sucks by the way. No reputable person uses that as a source) and 3) I'm am infinitely positive that I'm older than you. I've been around the game a lot longer than you have and this handling of the Dwight situation is petty. He left. Get over it. He doesn't play for the Lakers and there's no point in discussing him. The bigger question is why do you care what I do? You didn't mention anything about Dwight in this thread. What have you contributed? Asking this is pretty redundant I suppose seeing as I doubt you care so good day to you, sir. 

#30 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 03:49 PM

You just responded exactly like I said you would. :laughing:

Edited by Paris, November 07, 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#31 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2013 - 07:21 PM

burn

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users