Photo

Toronto Raptors Interested In Steve Nash?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,477 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 06, 2013 - 05:58 PM

"Getting his legs back" lmao.  He's had all off season to do that.  It's only going to get worse as the season gets going.  Majesty just let it go man.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#62 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,083 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 06, 2013 - 06:10 PM

"Getting his legs back" lmao.  He's had all off season to do that. 

Um, no he didn't.  He literally stayed away from basketball like activities just so that he'd be ready.

Getting your legs back in an NBA game is different.   

How did Nash have all off-season to get in NBA shape?  He's been using it to recover and get himself right while recovering from the injury.

Sorry to say, but that doesn't make any sense for those of us that actually followed Nash's off-season.   Would you say that about Rose who is shooting 20% that he had all off-season to get his legs back? 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#63 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,477 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 06, 2013 - 06:19 PM

Rose is 25 and just need a few games to get right.  Nash looks terrible and will never be good again.  Bad comparison.

Edited by Jody Smokes, November 06, 2013 - 06:32 PM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#64 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 06, 2013 - 06:33 PM

Um, no he didn't.  He literally stayed away from basketball like activities just so that he'd be ready.

Getting your legs back in an NBA game is different.   

How did Nash have all off-season to get in NBA shape?  He's been using it to recover and get himself right while recovering from the injury.

Sorry to say, but that doesn't make any sense for those of us that actually followed Nash's off-season.   Would you say that about Rose who is shooting 20% that he had all off-season to get his legs back? 

Rose is 23 and Nash is 39.......not comparable 

#65 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,083 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 08:08 PM

Rose is 23 and Nash is 39.......not comparable 

Rose is 23 and shooting 20% from the field and he has more right to slow start to get his legs back than Nash at 39 does?

I don't get your logic :)

#66 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 08:37 PM

Rose is 23 and shooting 20% from the field and he has more right to slow start to get his legs back than Nash at 39 does?

I don't get your logic :)

He didn't play in a nba game for a while....theres going to be rust for most players. But Nash will constantly get injured more frequently because he is 39 compared to Rose.

#67 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,083 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 08:45 PM

He didn't play in a nba game for a while....theres going to be rust for most players. But Nash will constantly get injured more frequently because he is 39 compared to Rose.

Rose was practicing healthy from January of last year and throughout the entire off-season working on basketball related training.

Nash was never healthy last year after the two games and was less than 100% most of it, till he couldn't play anymore due to the injuries, spent the entire off-season away from basketball and rehabbing himself back up.    

So again, I don't see the logic.    Wouldn't Rose then by association, being younger and doing basketball related activities since January of this year for the past 10 months have a shorter span to get his legs back then Nash who was 39, spent the entire off-season rehabbing and is now getting back into the swing of things?

Like I said, we'll see how Nash is by Christmas.

#68 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,028 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted November 07, 2013 - 07:13 AM

Rondo is not 23 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#69 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 899 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 07:48 AM

Wow. Nash has shot 50/40/90 (or close) pretty much his whole career. He has a slow start and you people trash talk his shot? Give the guy a break

You could say he's slow. He lost a step. He sucks on defense, and pretty much anything else. But don't talk about his shot after 4 games.

Edited by LakersFanatic, November 07, 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#70 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 08:06 AM

Rose was practicing healthy from January of last year and throughout the entire off-season working on basketball related training.

Nash was never healthy last year after the two games and was less than 100% most of it, till he couldn't play anymore due to the injuries, spent the entire off-season away from basketball and rehabbing himself back up.    

So again, I don't see the logic.    Wouldn't Rose then by association, being younger and doing basketball related activities since January of this year for the past 10 months have a shorter span to get his legs back then Nash who was 39, spent the entire off-season rehabbing and is now getting back into the swing of things?

Like I said, we'll see how Nash is by Christmas.

practice does not equal actual nba games. Big difference between the two.

Edited by LakeShow805, November 07, 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#71 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,305 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2013 - 08:44 AM

Nash won't be a consistent 12/10 guy anymore. He's too old and too injury prone this late in his career. Every article I read has to do with Nash battling his neck, quad, hamstring, back, leg, etc injuries. 

It's not about "Nash getting his legs back." It's the injury issues. I've dealt with nerve pain to the point where I couldn't walk. Jumping was completely out of the question. With Nash's quad, hamstring, back, leg injuries, it impacts his ability to properly jump. 

I see this as Nash's last year. 

That's not to stay Nash won't have occasional 18/8 or so games. He may, but he'll probably sit out the next game and not play so well the next few games. 

We won't get far with Nash as our starting PG in a PG-driven league, especially in a stacked West. If we make the playoffs, we'll need Nash to play elite if we intend to get far. And Nash won't be able to.

At this point, it's best for Nash to come off the bench trying to get the bench involved or just being a spot-up shooter, whichever he feels the best at. I'll still wait until January to see how he does, but I just don't think he has it in him anymore.

• 40,383 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Lmao. I'm sorry, but some of the back & forth between Majesty & some of you guys on Nash has me laughing out loud here. You know I got love for ya' Maj (no Hibbert), but sometimes it does feel like you just go a little too far with the extreme optimism. It's all good though. Keep doing you. It's nice to have variety.

Selling tickets.

I was coming in here to say that. Combine this with comfortably tanking for an up & coming national hero in Wiggins and things start to make a lot more potential sense.

yo.

#73 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,083 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 12:32 PM

Lmao. I'm sorry, but some of the back & forth between Majesty & some of you guys on Nash has me laughing out loud here. You know I got love for ya' Maj (no Hibbert), but sometimes it does feel like you just go a little too far with the extreme optimism. It's all good though. Keep doing you. It's nice to have variety.

I was coming in here to say that. Combine this with comfortably tanking for an up & coming national hero in Wiggins and things start to make a lot more potential sense.

I'm watching Nash for his health to start to get better and how he gets to his spots and as his legs come back and he stays healthy out there the shot will start falling.  The exact same way I watched Metta when his health was improving and ignored his shots not falling.  But when I said he was about to breakout at the end of that season I was laughed at because of how bad he was up to that point, and then he did,  so it's nothing new ;)

#74 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 07, 2013 - 12:35 PM

Package Nash & Pau for Derozan, Amir, Lowry, & Novak

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#75 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,305 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2013 - 01:07 PM

I'm watching Nash for his health to start to get better and how he gets to his spots and as his legs come back and he stays healthy out there the shot will start falling.  The exact same way I watched Metta when his health was improving and ignored his shots not falling.  But when I said he was about to breakout at the end of that season I was laughed at because of how bad he was up to that point, and then he did,  so it's nothing new ;)

As stated in my post above, I don't think it's about Nash's "legs coming back." These injuries may have affected him in the wrong direction, and that includes his jump shot. 

#76 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 08, 2013 - 09:34 AM

Trade em

#77 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Tokyo Ghoul

• 8,415 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 09:49 AM

Are the Lakers still able to steal Bargnani?

MMiRi9s.png

#78 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 08, 2013 - 01:07 PM

Its a buisness and nash is done

#79 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,083 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 02:40 PM

Last night Nash moved well, hit a big three at a crucial point, he started hot but then his legs went as expected, got a little of it back, and set the screen necessary for Blake to hit the game winner, Beverley the 'next gary payton' couldn't do a thing with him, and Nash got fouled on a few attempts(no calls)  and most importantly, Nash finished the game in the 4th.

Slowly but surely Nash is coming back, he just has to remain healthy.

• 40,383 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 03:28 PM

Slowly but surely Nash is coming back, he just has to remain healthy.

He just has to remain healthy? But he's not even healthy right now.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users