o9F7jiv.png

#3 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 686 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:30 PM

Our veterans look like they're a combined 800 years old out there...Hill is our best rim protector and he's not getting enough minutes. I wish he could play all 48 lol. 

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,598 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:33 PM

This season is to develop the younger players so that we might be able to have a few guys for next season. Yet we continue to play the veterans over our young guys. Farmar got only 16 minutes even though nash and blake were playing like garbage. Hill didn't even play till the 4th. 

Pau, Blake, Nash are not our future. Hell who knows if they will even be here next year.

But hey gotta play our over payed players right?

Edited by bigfetz, November 01, 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#5 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,865 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:34 PM

It's a shame, because our veterans are supposed to be the leaders. I love our productive bench, but our leaders (coach included) need to get their act together.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#6 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,173 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:36 PM

Kobe Bryant simple as that.

#7 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:38 PM

Definitely cut back on Blake, Nash I won't completely dismiss but it just seems really unfortunate at this point, Kaman is iffy at times but serves his purpose. Still important for Gasol to get a good start because so far it seems in the 3rd quarter he runs low on gas.

Meeks is having nice spurts, I still wish MDA gave more minutes to Hill, and definitely very curious how far Henry will go. A lot if what if factors, we still have 79 games to figure out what we have by next season.

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,607 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 01, 2013 - 10:00 PM

Kobe Bryant simple as that.

bench mob lineup but with Kobe instead of Meeks?  :)

Edited by Majesty, November 01, 2013 - 10:00 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,607 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 10:06 PM

Thus far our bench looks like one of the best in the NBA.  It's better than the Spurs bench.  When can you imagine us saying that?

If X never goes down we likely blow them out the same way we blew out the Clippers cause it seems when that unit opens the floodgates on another team it POURS.   But all the energy seemed sucked out of the arena once X went down and it took about 10 mins for the game to get started again.

What I do like is our young guys, and since they have been taking the initiative it causes us to have the "young team" syndrome.

The only reason we look like a young team and make young team errors out there is because the young guys are outplaying our veterans and it isn't so much the vets setting an example as it is the vets setting the table for the young guys to then win the game.

Today was the ONLY day a member of the starting lineup actually played in the 4th quarter to close the game.

Our starters aren't finishing games, it's because our bench is that much better.

Even look at the warriors game, the best player on the Lakers that night was Jodie Meeks, a guy we bring off our bench.

Today if not for Gasol's 20 our bench outplayed every one of their starters and I'm glad our bench is finally strong but it's the wrong time for our starting lineup to cramp up on us -_-

Nash I'm not worried about, his shot's gonna fall and if he gets looks like he did tonight then it's valuable to us.  

We know what we'll get with Blake.

The only people that have really underperformed in the season thus far is Young for the last 2 games, and Williams on the offensive end.

We should beat Atlanta and our next 20 games there isn't more than a matchup better than what we got in the first 3. 

So we got middle of the pack to lower end teams over the next 20 games, if we're not over 500 after the next 12 games there's a problem.

But yeah, our youngsters are outplaying our vets by a mile right now.   They are actually the reasons we win or lose games.

I know I said that this teams success is gonna begin and end with our bench(aside from health) but even I didn't think it'd be this one-sided lol.

#10 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 443 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted November 01, 2013 - 10:13 PM

It's really simple, amnesty Steve Blake, convince Steve Nash to retire and make a trade for a young PG. Now can somebody forward this to Jim's office?

#11 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,173 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 10:26 PM

bench mob lineup but with Kobe instead of Meeks? :)

That's exactly what makes me want Kobe back so bad. Only a few steps left for him, get healthy, get ready, go out and prove em wrong.

#12 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,173 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 10:29 PM

It's really simple, amnesty Steve Blake, convince Steve Nash to retire and make a trade for a young PG. Now can somebody forward this to Jim's office?

Lol this shows how little you know. Blake can't be... forget it 😒

#13 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 858 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 01, 2013 - 10:53 PM

Trade Blake for a 2nd rounder.

Tonight, we needed Kobe. First time since he was out I really missed him.

Edited by Yellow_Evan, November 01, 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#14 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 01, 2013 - 10:56 PM

Trade Blake to the Knicks.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#15 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,356 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted November 01, 2013 - 10:58 PM

Trade Blake to the Knicks.

For what?
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#16 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,607 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 11:02 PM

For what?

For Carmelo! :D

#17 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,598 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 11:53 PM

you-are-literally-too-stupid-to-insult_1

#18 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,598 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 11:54 PM

For Carmelo! :D

And lebron even though he's not on the team but mitch can still do it because he is a magically fairy who farts pixie dust. 

#19 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,470 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted November 02, 2013 - 12:51 AM

Hill should be getting way more minutes than he does. Blake was awful tonight and Nash has been awful in the two games he played. Farmar should have got more burn tonight.

I liked what Pau did but the rest of the starters blew. Nick Young has been HORRIBLE so far

#20 Jsmoove

Jsmoove

Rookie

• 247 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 02, 2013 - 04:12 AM

I actually really like what I have seen from this team so far (apart from GSW game) the bench is really potent and can win games basically  by themselves. The starters lack energy but once Kobe is back  I think we will see them functioning at a higher level because he will make everyone better, he is the real leader of this team, he will be able to tell pau to get his 7ft ass in the paint and will bring an aggressive killer instinct to that group. Although nash was missing his shots he was being aggressive and looked like he was feeling better once he gets in a rhythm those shots will start falling.

The plays we messed up in the fourth quarter  when meeks had the ball we would make if we had Kobe and if Xavier doesn't go down we would have blown the spurs out.

All in all this is a good team and once Kobe comes back this will be a dangerous team.

P.S

Hill should get more minutes then Kaman

Edited by Jsmoove, November 02, 2013 - 04:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users