#461 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,171 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:22 PM

Of the three people that need to step it up.  Young and Williams and Gasol in terms of effort consistently.  

Young hasn't been consistently bad, he hits hot and cold areas as is known.   The shots he's been getting is fine so they'll go down.  had a good first game and two bad ones.  Need him to score more.  He hasn't actually been searching for his shot as often and maybe has even been trying to make the extra pass a bit too much.   Not like he's firing up 20 shots a game and missing, just three tonight.   He needs to find his own shot more and be.. can't believe I'm saying this about him.. more selfish at times.

But looking at the entire pre-season and season as a whole thus far so 11 games thus far, Williams needs to step it up offensively.

He's been the one guy that has been consistently fine on the defensive end but his shot's not falling.

Yet MDA thought he would magically turn the switch in the final minutes......

You act like Farmar wasn't looking bad before he put Blake in.  he had two straight turnovers and was looking off kilter in the 4th, and they were costly so D'antoni put in a low mistake point guard.   Was pretty sure that's why he did it.

Edited by Majesty, November 01, 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#462 The Bagwan

The Bagwan

Rookie

• 33 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:22 PM

probably.   What was a letdown was really that when Young came back in to take Xavier's place he was pretty much looking dead in the water, missing assignments, couldn't hit a shot, nothing. 

The fact we had to count on a guy that is usually unreliable from three(Wesley) to sink the threes to bring us back in it is strictly because Young was so bad tonight, he hasn't played once in the 4th quarter and Hill who's played the entire 4th is on pace to have more minutes than Young whom started.

Young isn't finishing games and is the starter and the best iso scorer on the team, there's a problem there.

Gonna need Young to really step it up in the next few games. 

We aren't gonna win many games if Nick Young scores 6 points.

Xavier wasn't there to keep the momentum when he came back in and he had literally no energy and the people that scored were the people on Young's missed assignments.

Our bench is outplaying our starters easily and it isn't even close.  If not for Pau's 20 it would have been more one sided.

Young can't shoot!, he wants to be Kobe, but Kobe can shoot, he missed poit blank bunnies all night long! :turrible:

#463 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,743 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:24 PM

Game 1 was all about our bench.

That hasn't changed. So no it wasn't.  Our bench won that game and our bench has outplayed our starters for 4 games in a row now. 

I thought we played 3 games so far this season

#464 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,144 posts

Of the three people that need to step it up. Young and Williams and Gasol in terms of effort consistently.

Young hasn't been consistently bad, he hits hot and cold areas as is known. The shots he's been getting is fine so they'll go down.

But looking at the entire pre-season and season as a whole thus far so 11 games thus far, Williams needs to step it up offensively.

He's been the one guy that has been consistently fine on the defensive end but his shot's not falling.

You act like Farmar wasn't looking bad before he put Blake in. he had two straight turnovers and was looking off kilter in the 4th, and they were costly so D'antoni put in a low mistake point guard. Was pretty sure that's why he did it.

At least Farmar penetrated and found cutters. Blake didn't do [expletive] except shoot bricks.

Edited by Carlos Danger, November 01, 2013 - 09:25 PM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#465 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,211 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Nick Young's number represents the impact he has on this team.

I thought he was number 0? I would say that he's a negative impact for us right now.

#466 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,731 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

You act like Farmar wasn't looking bad before he put Blake in.  he had two straight turnovers and was looking off kilter in the 4th, and they were costly so D'antoni put in a low mistake point guard.   Was pretty sure that's why he did it.

He made 2 mistakes. That doesn't mean he should have be taken out for the rest of the game. Pretty sure blakes shooting was hurting us more than those 2 mistakes. 

#467 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,171 posts

I'm counting the last pre-season game against the Jazz lol.  

Our bench has outplayed our starters for 4 straight games in a row now :D

#468 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,171 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:25 PM

At least Farmar penetrated and found cutters. Blake did do [expletive] except shoot bricks.

Blake had 9 assists.  he was finding people too.

#469 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,211 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:27 PM

The only way we win is if we are hitting threes, yet we don't a guy that is an elite shooter in the nba to shoot those threes for us

#470 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,731 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:27 PM

Blake had 9 assists.  he was finding people too.

Farmar had 4 assists with half the time. Im sure he would have ended up with at least 7 and probably scored more points as well if he had played 32 mins. Idk why your arguing that farmar, who was obviously playing much better than blake or nash, was rightfully taken out for the rest of the game. 

#471 The Bagwan

The Bagwan

Rookie

• 33 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:28 PM

Bench yet again outscores the starters. 

True Dat! :rock:

#472 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,743 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:29 PM

I'm counting the last pre-season game against the Jazz lol.  

Our bench has outplayed our starters for 4 straight games in a row now :D

:beers2:

#473 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,211 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:31 PM

I WANT KOBE I WANT KOBE I WANT KOBE I WANT KOBE I WANT KOBE I WANT KOBE I WANT KOBE I WANT KOBE I WANT KOBE I WANT KOBE

#474 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,171 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:40 PM

Alright so 1-2 over the first 3 which are the hardest games on our schedule for the next 20.   

So what we have learned is we have one of the best benches in the league and they are outperforming our starters on a consistent basis. 

Pau was sick tonight and had no energy and our bench lost momentum once X came in and Young took his place(should have been Wes)

Wes could wind up being the guy we want him to be. 

Thus far the number of people that have performed at a high level is high, we've got one or two people that need to step it up against the elite teams.

The next 10 or so games are not against teams we SHOULD struggle with.  They are winnable games and after the next 8 games we should be over 500.  if we're not there's a problem.

Over the first 3 games we went 1-2 and one of those games we let slip away from us when one of our main bench guys went down.  

Can't have that happen.   We keep looking like a "young" team out there I swear.  I never thought I'd say that about our team but they look like a team that needs to mature more lol. 

But what I do like is that guys like Xavier and Wesley Johnson are stepping up.  Guys like Shawne Williams are doing well defensively.  Young started well but has been off for the last 2 games.

Our bench is better then San Antonio's.   That is something we have discovered.  Our bench isn't the problem and that is the most important thing we needed to find out.

Our bench is consistently good and we know what lineups work with them. 

It's our starters that seem to be having the problems. 

Nash is understandable.  Blake we don't mind his shots because they are good shots and he isn't gonna shoot 1-19 every night.

Young should be looking for his shot more and passing less(I cannot believe I am saying this about Nick Young >_> ) 
Williams needs to knock down his open threes with more consistently.

It comes down to execution and not letting momentum get away.   Because when we open the floodgates we run all over teams, even San Antonio today before X went down.  

It was a good experience against a team like San Antonio, we can hang with them.  The most important thing is that we need to find a way to not let that momentum get away from us, it reminds me of watching a young team honestly.

With our veterans like Nash and Gasol they need to set the example.

We should beat the Hawks, but we can't let that one action knock us off post if you know what I mean and Nick Young needs to have a good game before we go on the road. 

I like what I saw in these first 3 games, saw a LOT to like and saw some things we need to fix.  Learned more over the first 3 games than I expected.  I'm still gonna do the 11 REGULAR SEASON GAME wait and see before I make a breakdown. 

But thus far, our bench is the best thing about this team, Pau does need to be more aggressive when he gets the ball on the block like today and not take so many jumpers when they aren't falling, the lane is completely open and D'antoni's given him the freedom to go to work down there.  Need to see more of it.

Far as Nash goes, I like how he was moving out there today, I liked the shots he got, he is gonna make those as his legs come back. 

Most important thing about Nash is that the rest he's been getting is that the report is his health is finally coming around, and the sooner Nash is 100% the better and there's no need of pushing him too hard right now.

Love our bench. 

Williams, and Young need to step it up. 

We should beat the Hawks as thus far we look more like a top 5 team than a lower 3 team and if we look better over the course of the next 8 games I'll be much happier.

But good.  1-2 over the first 3 games and 1 that got away because Xavier Henry went down for a moment.   I'll take that, I'd prefer 2-1 but I like what I see.   Consistency has been all from our bench whether Hill is the 5, or Kaman is the 5, or whether Hill is the 4 and Gasol is the 5.  That is the most important thing I saw. 

The bothersome thing is that Nick seems to have no synergy with the bench and that HAS to change since THAT is where he is going when Kobe returns.

#475 The Bagwan

The Bagwan

Rookie

• 33 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:41 PM

We have a lousy coach, :o)  he is completely clueless, we all see what's happening, why can't he, BTW I don't blame Blake, we should use him as a three point threat, but only when he's hot, at least he can hit the rim!, Pau plays like a ballet dancer :dance: , he has weak hands, he looks akward, he doesn't jump, he can't run the floor, and I hate to say it, but he looks scared :surrender:

#476 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,171 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:55 PM

Xavier Henry thus far looking like our 6th man.

#477 Jack Lime

Jack Lime

Rookie

• 360 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:58 PM

Some tweets but they won't silence the negativity here:

Mike Trudell @LakersReporter 30m

D’Antoni said his focus is on deciding on a rotation ASAP. Wants to get Hill more minutes while still getting Kaman on the floor.

Mike Trudell @LakersReporter 30m

If he starts Kaman, LAL lose the floor spacing Williams provides. But may have to consider to get Hill enough minutes.

Mike Trudell @LakersReporter 9m

Not often you’ll see Nash/Blake combine to go 3 for 20. “Frustrating night (to do so) because it was such a winnable game,” said Nash.

VN8Tqa1.jpg

#478 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,926 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 01, 2013 - 10:05 PM

This game is 100% on D'Antoni.

Once again, no adjustments on any front and a complete lack of creative rotation when things don't work. Not to mention missing obvious rotation problems.

Don't know how much longer I can stand the idiot.

#479 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,926 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 01, 2013 - 10:07 PM

Also, Williams needs to be D-League bound.

3 games in and if I was coaching he would be the last man off the bench right now.

#480 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted November 01, 2013 - 10:10 PM

Don't worry we still have the same record as the Heat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users