Photo

Am I the only person who is outraged after the Golden State game?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,117 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted October 31, 2013 - 05:31 AM

I understand that the lakers are not a good team. I also understand that we came off of an emotional win. I also understand it is a back to back game. I also understand that the Warriors have studs and we don't. I never expect the lakers to win last night but it just pisses me off that we got blowned out. I mean 31 point lost? It could've been a 40 point lost if it wasn't for them giving up in the 4th. Am I the only person who is upset about this?  Its ok to lose. In fact, I dont mind if they lose 30 straight but atleast make it respectable.  Who cares of Nash didn't play. He wasn't really a factor anyway. I didn't see heart yesterday at all. It seems to me like the fans doesn't care about this blowout have no issues with it.  Its fine to not expect a win against a good team but its another to accept a blowout like this.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,393 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted October 31, 2013 - 05:42 AM

I don't think you're the only disappointed Lakers fan. #'s are on your side so there must be another out there somewhere.

#3 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,109 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 05:53 AM

Warriors just played better in their season debut in front of their fans. Just like we did in 1st game.

#4 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,117 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 05:53 AM

Well I know lakers fans are not happy with the results but it seems to me from the posts on the gameday thread that the fans expected a huge blowout like that.  I mean its not a 20 point blowout we talking about. Its a 31 point blowout and like i said Warriors let off the gas a little or else we be losing by 40.   I mean that is unexceptable if you an NBA team even if you're the bobcats.  Atleast lose with some heart.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#5 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,117 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 05:56 AM

Warriors just played better in their season debut in front of their fans. Just like we did in 1st game.

this is exactly what im talking about here.  Its like "yea whatever they are a better team anyway."    I am old enough to experienced the dark days of the lakers.  In 94 when Worthy retired I was watching the Tony Smith and Sedal threat era. This is even before the Van Excel era.  Even that team shows more heart.  Even the Kwame Brown team shows more.   I guess the only good thing coming out of this is the more games like this that the lakers have the more chances MDA will be fired.

#6 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 31, 2013 - 06:32 AM

in the effort is all you could really be outraged about.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#7 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,066 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 31, 2013 - 06:38 AM

I don't understand your frustrations.

On the one hand, there are 82 games in a basketball season...why are people freaking out???

Now, on the other hand, loses don't shock me...not anymore lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#8 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 952 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 31, 2013 - 06:58 AM

Just enjoy this season guys. Celebrate the wins, accept the losses. Stop being so stressed about a team with little championship aspirations. Enjoy the ride!

#9 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 31, 2013 - 07:05 AM

This.  The positives I'm looking for in this season are seeing if the young rejects actually turn into respectable players, Henry and Johnson in particular.  The guys that ball out win or lose should be brought back for the future. 

Just enjoy this season guys. Celebrate the wins, accept the losses. Stop being so stressed about a team with little championship aspirations. Enjoy the ride!

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#10 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted October 31, 2013 - 07:31 AM

just another page out of dantonis defensive book mixed with horrible execution.

hey at least were .500, we could have easily been 0-2

Edited by RayRay, October 31, 2013 - 07:33 AM.

only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#11 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,393 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted October 31, 2013 - 07:32 AM

I agree 100%. However you point out a problem.
Thats our fan bases main malfunction. They cant believe that the Lakers goal this season is not to win a Chip.

All the consecutive years of saying "anything less than a Chip is a failure" twisted their minds and became the only reality they knew. They never considered that eventually we'd have to struggle with the reality of rebuilding....so we could say it again some day.

#12 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,435 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 07:33 AM

Yeah definitely not going to be stressed out this season over losses. 

Look who our starting line up was vs Golden State who is a contender for a championship this season.....

Like MrRJ said, just relax and enjoy the highs. 

Edited by JGuez, October 31, 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#13 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,849 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 31, 2013 - 07:46 AM

This season is a story and unlike last year i will have a good ending either way.

Cap space---

But I keep telling people that Mitch is smart . Xavier,Nick Young,Kaman,and whomever can ALL be traded for the right price and as D'Antoni system inflates the value of these young exciting cheap expiring contracts in the year of the TANK, we can get a disgruntled veteran on a bad team that is going no where fast. 

#14 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 31, 2013 - 08:08 AM

Have any suggestions on a what he could have done differently with what he has?

just another page out of dantonis defensive book mixed with horrible execution.

hey at least were .500, we could have easily been 0-2

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#15 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,753 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted October 31, 2013 - 08:10 AM

It's one game, period.  No reason to get too high after the Clippers game or too low after this one.  I dont mind that Nash is sitting.  i want to see Farmar play and earn a longer term contract.  Same for Johnson, Henry etc.  Earn that contract for next year, when Kobe will be back and in form for a full season, hopefully we have some FA help and a real coach.

#16 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,578 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted October 31, 2013 - 08:39 AM

not outraged...disappointed it go so bad, but didn't expect to beat them in their home opener on a 2nd night of our back to back and we're on the road...

don't think anyone had us winning either of those games, but glad we got the win against the clippers

Posted Image

#17 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Not mad at about the loss. Not mad about the margin of loss.  Although I am mad at the fact we gave up 125 points.  

But as I've said, opening week is not an indicator of how teams will be.  It will not be until the 10th-15th game that we see where each team is.  The excitement for home openers is there for each team.  Yesterday's game versus the Warriors wasn't just another game. Warriors home opener, which happens to be in one of the loudest arenas, with the arguably the best fans in the NBA, against a team that showed lots of promise and have a lot of fire power.  We had little chance to win that game.

I really hope fans realize we will have games like this throughout the season with the offensive system we run.  Lots of threes and long jumpshots, umptempo basketball which will look ugly and out of wack when shots aren't falling.  This is where D'Antoni has to improve as a coach. You can go uptempo against teams that run a slower offensive system, but against teams like the Warriors, you need to have your team slow it down because if shots aren't falling in the uptempo offensive, you can go down double digits in a matter of two minutes. 

#18 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 519 posts
  • Name:Blax
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Threatt, Rodman

Posted October 31, 2013 - 09:12 AM

One song comes to mind after watching this game..."Ooh you make my high come down, you make my high come all the way down" (name that song). 

#19 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,919 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted October 31, 2013 - 09:14 AM

And if you don't believe in the power of the home opener, look no further than last night's Philly-Miami game.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#20 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 686 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted October 31, 2013 - 10:05 AM

The only outrage I felt was from the seeming lack of effort. No one was on the same page, and the Warriors exploited the hell out of it. But still, it's pretty hard get angry at this rag-tag Laker team. No Kobe, all these 1 year contract guys, and I'm just happy we won the opener the way we did. 

I don't think Friday should be as bad, especially with a day off and going back home. Granted, it is SAS, but they should put up a fight after getting drubbed last night. 

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)