54 replies to this topic

#41 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,113 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 01, 2013 - 09:00 AM

He's going to have to keep this high production up or he's going to be out of there.  A lot of non guaranteed money on the line that they probably won't want eat if he can't keep it going.  

If he remains basically as healthy as he can be there's no doubt in my mind he'll return to form. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

• 40,431 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 06:21 PM

Andrew Bynum's been looking pretty good for a while now. I can't lie. I kinda miss him in a Laker uni. Plus, he's still a lot tougher than Pau. That's for damn sure.

yo.

#43 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,553 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 07, 2013 - 06:22 PM

Andrew Bynum's been looking pretty good for a while now. I can't lie. I kinda miss him in a Laker uni. Plus, he's still a lot tougher than Pau. That's for damn sure.

There's a reason they initially traded Pau for Chris Paul and not Bynum.   They felt Bynum had more of a future as a top guy and honestly had we gotten Chris Paul who knows what would have happened with Paul Bynum and Kobe. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#44 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,336 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted December 07, 2013 - 06:49 PM

He looks 40 lbs too heavy imo. Oliver Miller material (look him up younger forum guys)

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

• 40,431 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Heavy or not, the big man is looking good, especially offensively. Still has a great post-game and sweet touch around the rim. Makes Dwight look like a joke in that aspect.

yo.

#46 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,080 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 07, 2013 - 06:53 PM

There's a reason they initially traded Pau for Chris Paul and not Bynum.   They felt Bynum had more of a future as a top guy and honestly had we gotten Chris Paul who knows what would have happened with Paul Bynum and Kobe. 

He also have that Howard does not currently have which is the "bulldog" or "I don't give a sh@#$t" mentality. One thing about Bynum is that he plays with an edge.

#47 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 06:53 PM

He looks 40 lbs too heavy imo. Oliver Miller material (look him up younger forum guys)

yeah he's not in basketball shape. So going 18/10 while being out of shape isn't a bad thing.  It's because he actually has a post game and can score with minimal movement.   It's the basics really. 

The fact you can watch Bynum and he's probably one of the most well rounded post centers right now says a lot about where that position is headed in this league.  And Bynum only has THAT because he learned from Kareem.  

The only other centers as well rounded in the post in terms of basics is Marc and Pau Gasol.  That says a lot really about how that position is getting when you see other centers that have no idea how to seal or spin to the baseline.  

He also have that Howard does not currently have which is the "bulldog" or "I don't give a sh@#$t" mentality. One thing about Bynum is that he plays with an edge.

Well yeah, that's what Kobe liked about him, it was another guy with no filter and had a bulldog "mentality" so it was easy for him to get along with.

There's a reason Kobe got along better with Bynum than with Dwight once Bynum made his game better. 

Kobe says about Bynum to "ship him out" and Bynum uses it to become a better player and motivate himself and prove Kobe wrong. 

If Kobe said that about Dwight he'd sit in a corner and cry.  Which is funny because everyone acted like Bynum was the one with the mental issues when in reality he was just brutally honest.  The kid has no filter.  He'll say precisely what he feels when he feels it and what he thinks and not care.   

But I'll take his "immaturity" over someone like Cousins anyday. 

Edited by Majesty, December 07, 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#48 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,542 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 07, 2013 - 06:55 PM

More of the reason for keeping Bynum was to trade for Howard...

#49 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,080 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 06:56 PM

Heavy or not, the big man is looking good, especially offensively. Still has a great post-game and sweet touch around the rim. Makes Dwight look like a joke in that aspect.

When a player like Andrea Bargnani contained you to score only 5 points, then you know you have a crappy post game.

#50 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 06:57 PM

Well yeah, that's what Kobe liked about him, it was another guy with no filter and had a bulldog "mentality" so it was easy for him to get along with.

There's a reason Kobe got along better with Bynum than with Dwight once Bynum made his game better. 

Kobe says about Bynum to "ship him out" and Bynum uses it to become a better player and motivate himself and prove Kobe wrong. 

If Kobe said that about Dwight he'd sit in a corner and cry.  Which is funny because everyone acted like Bynum was the one with the mental issues when in reality he was just brutally honest.  The kid has no filter.  He'll say precisely what he feels when he feels it and what he thinks and not care.   

More of the reason for keeping Bynum was to trade for Howard...

yeah but in all honesty, if we have Chris Paul and the three of them win a title together and Dwight had went down with the back injury anyway, It's not forgone that we'd have made the trade for Dwight.   Depends on what Bynum's health would have been as to whether we'd have rode it out or not, of course if it looked like Bynum was gonna not play that year or his knees were getting worse then yeah.    The thing that screwed it up was he went and got the Kobe stuff done on his knees and then when he came to Philly they did another injection or work on his knees and it screwed up that entire process.  That likely doesn't happen with OUR staff.  But no one knows *shrugs*.

I know one thing's for sure.  Under Mitch's watch he sure as heck wouldn't have gone 'bowling' lol ;)

But before I go on about what could have been if not for the evil machine of Stern then I want Bynum to get through the rest of the season as healthy as possible for him.  

Edited by Majesty, December 07, 2013 - 06:59 PM.

• 40,431 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 06:59 PM

When a player like Andrea Bargnani contained you to score only 5 points, then you know you have a crappy post game.

Or when a defensive stopper like Pau can shut you down the way he did as well.

yo.

• 40,431 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 07:01 PM

I know one thing's for sure.  Under Mitch's watch he sure as heck wouldn't have gone 'bowling' lol ;)

Yup, he would've even potentially hired someone to personally go watch Bynum 24/7 just as James Dolan of the Knicks has someone keeping watch on Mike Woodson 24/7.

yo.

#53 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,080 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 07:02 PM

yeah he's not in basketball shape. So going 18/10 while being out of shape isn't a bad thing.  It's because he actually has a post game and can score with minimal movement.   It's the basics really. 

The fact you can watch Bynum and he's probably one of the most well rounded post centers right now says a lot about where that position is headed in this league.  And Bynum only has THAT because he learned from Kareem.  

The only other centers as well rounded in the post in terms of basics is Marc and Pau Gasol.  That says a lot really about how that position is getting when you see other centers that have no idea how to seal or spin to the baseline.  

Yep, I agree 100%

In my opinion, Cousins is just plain dumb. Bynum is actually smart because he loves and fixes computers on his downtime. The only problem with Bynum its just his ego and pride gets around his head, once in a while. But other than that, he is a very good player when he is healthy and he is focus.

#54 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 07:11 PM

Yep, I agree 100%

In my opinion, Cousins is just plain dumb. Bynum is actually smart because he loves and fixes computers on his downtime. The only problem with Bynum its just his ego and pride gets around his head, once in a while. But other than that, he is a very good player when he is healthy and he is focus.

I tell you one thing he cares more about winning than 'having fun' :P   Kobe prefers players like that.   

Sure, we get the immature moments like Bynum shooting the three on a fast break.  But as you said, it's the ego and pride in his head, in his mind he had worked on threes and had confidence in shooting them so he did.  wanted to add range to his game.   Which Kobe understood.  Like Kobe said "I'm sure they hated when he shot mid range jumpers too till they started falling."

And funny thing?  Throughout camp Mike Brown about this week said to the reporter that he feels Bynum has "legitimate three point range'   I saw that and did this  :laughing:   Well he tried to tell you....   :bleh: 

But really, his competitiveness isn't classless in the way that Cousins's is.   Cousins is just immature and stupid and calls it competitiveness, Bynum is a competitor.  There is a difference.    There's a reason Kobe and Metta liked Bynum and couldn't stand Dwight.   

Artest said when we got Nash  he said "Bynum could be the best center in basketball with a point guard like Nash, if we play together it will be B-E-A-Utiful!!" 

We got Dwight shortly after and they asked Metta what he thinks about getting Dwight and Metta went "Well...Dwight works hard you know... good defender.. um..."  and didn't really answer the question.

We should have known something was up then. 

I bet you if Nash told Bynum "roll after the screens and you'll get an alley oop" he wouldn't have said "nah!"  I mean look at how the screen and roll with him and Pau was unstoppable unless you fouled him.  Cause he was willing.  

Then look at how "unwilling" Dwight was.. and it's sad cause it COULD have been better.. but he didn't want it so yeah.  

I always did have a problem how people just threw Bynum under the bus at the prospect of getting Dwight, and I get it, I do and I agree with who was the better center.  The skills were all right.. the mentality was all wrong... 

And ultimately that was a factor over the talent.   I'd rather have a guy not as good as Dwight but willing to do whatever is necessary to win, as opposed to a guy 10 times better than Dwight that refuses to commit. 

Edited by Majesty, December 07, 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#55 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,113 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 07, 2013 - 07:52 PM

I'd still take Howard from last year over any Bynum.  Bynum was a [expletive] on defense and only played offense when he was focused which happened to be against teams we really didn't need him.  Guys only started D ridin Bynum during Dwightmare.  Im glad he's gone. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: andrew bynum, comeback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users