#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,683 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 05, 2013 - 04:55 PM

His old self is still an all-star.  And with a team like the Cavs and a point guard like Irving, Bynum being an all-star is all they really need to make the playoffs and rattle a few cages.

If Bynum even only can manage being a 14/8 guy this year it will help the Cavs, They look like a playoff team.

The person disappointing me there is an AB not Bynum but Bennet.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,395 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 02:46 AM

Not encouraging news this early about those sharp little knee pains, despite knowing he almost always played hurt with us anyway to some extent, but hopefully he can at least give about 10-12 & 8 or so. I think that'd be a success considering how messed up physically he is now.

yo.

• 40,395 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 02:08 PM

Andrew Bynum Has Been Thinking Retirement

Jason_Lloyd_bigger.JPG
Jason Lloyd @JasonLloydABJ

Andrew Bynum admits he considered retirement, and still thinks about it somedays. Frustrated he's not same player, dealing with knee pain

12:11 PM - 7 Nov 2013

yo.

#24 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,087 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted November 07, 2013 - 02:53 PM

Andrew Bynum Has Been Thinking Retirement

Jason_Lloyd_bigger.JPG
Jason Lloyd @JasonLloydABJ

Andrew Bynum admits he considered retirement, and still thinks about it somedays. Frustrated he's not same player, dealing with knee pain

12:11 PM - 7 Nov 2013

it's coming soon at this rate  

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#25 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 06:19 PM

For someone that "hates" basketball it sure seems to effect him not to be able to play like he used to.

#26 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 04:22 PM

"It's tough to enjoy the game because of how limited I am physically. I'm working through that. Every now and again I do [think about retirement]. … It's still career-threatening. I'm a shell of myself on the court right now. I'm just struggling mentally."

The team is being careful with him, not playing him in back-to-back games and going easy in practice. But he still says he has sharp pains at times in his knees and battles soreness after games. He's lost significant weight and has been contributing but isn't satisfied with his situation.

"I just want to be able to play without pain and find the joy again," Bynum said. "Right now I'm battling pain and it's annoying. I'm not able to do the things I'm used to doing, and it's frustrating."

http://espn.go.com/n...ondering-career

Bynum has NO filter, you won't hear "it's a process, Rome wasn't built in a day" from him.   He does WANT to be competitive, he wants to be the player he was before the knees got really bad.  Hopefully he's able to get past this and return to form even if it takes more than this year.    We'll see if he does, but it is amazing how the media WILL take and run with this.  But Bynum is just being honest about his frustrations.  Bynum has no filter, we knew this.   

One can imagine if Bynum was healthy and was still a Laker when D'antoni was coaching them last year what some of those sound bytes may have been =p

#27 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,367 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted November 08, 2013 - 09:54 PM

i feel sorry for him, because whatever he did or still do, his body is failing him, he wants to do it, but his body cant hold the pressure. thats sad.

hope he keeps battling those knees until he receives the medical no.

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#28 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,851 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 08, 2013 - 11:36 PM

"think of retirement"...

That can be a myriad of things.

the reporter could ask, do you ever try to plan for life after ball or what would you do if injuries forced you into retirement?

Any way.I like Bynum but he needs to mature a bit

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 02:55 AM

Bynum was saying he thought about retirement because of his sadness and frustrations coming back and trying to get back to form and not being what he was prior to these injuries, and that retirement is still an option if he can't return back to being the guy he was before. 

Most guys would have said 'it's a process' but Bynum is basically saying if he can't return to the form he was before, he's going to retire, as he should, if his knees can no longer do it, he shouldn't play anymore before it gets really bad, he's only 26, if his knees prevent him from returning to form and he has constant setbacks he should retire, there's no need of being unable to walk properly at 29 because you burned everything you had at 26.  Sad as it is to say :( 

So for that sake I hope he does pull through and recover well enough to play and at least be a 17/11 guy.

#30 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,248 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 09, 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hasn't looked the same
Still looks good when he is out there though

But not the all-star, possible beat center in the nba that he was a few years ago

#31 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hasn't looked the same
Still looks good when he is out there though

But not the all-star, possible beat center in the nba that he was a few years ago

I wouldn't expect him to be this early or even perhaps this year.

I think if he gets through this year at least as healthy as possible as well as a good injury free off-season it will be an accomplishment and then next year he can potentially become that guy again.

#32 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,248 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 09, 2013 - 06:36 PM

I wouldn't expect him to be this early or even perhaps this year.

I think if he gets through this year at least as healthy as possible as well as a good injury free off-season it will be an accomplishment and then next year he can potentially become that guy again.

Yea, I agree it will take time and dedication for him to come back, with him, and his dedication and drive.. Who knows.

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 06:47 PM

Needless to say, if he didn't have any dedication or drive, he wouldn't be playing basketball right now or came back from 2 knee injuries to become an all-star.

• 40,395 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm very concerned for him. He's been inserted into the starting lineup recently, but his numbers have been so low, not just offensively, but rebounding as well. He might have less lift now than even Pau and that's saying something.

yo.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 08:53 PM

I'm very concerned for him. He's been inserted into the starting lineup recently, but his numbers have been so low, not just offensively, but rebounding as well. He might have less lift now than even Pau and that's saying something.

Yep, but him making it to starting is a good sign considering a few games ago he was coming off the bench. 

• 40,395 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 08:58 PM

They are desperate to up his production and fully see what he can give and he's been underwhelming so far, but poor him, his deteriorating health has just limited him so much. He's truly a shell of himself. I hope he somehow proves me wrong and gets way better with time, but I don't see him getting back to that level he once was for a while with us.

yo.

#37 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 08:59 PM

It's gonna take him likely a year to get back, we'll see where he's at post all-star break though.   For his sake I hope he'll at least be at 13/7 guy by then

• 40,395 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 09:08 PM

For his sake I hope he'll at least be at 13/7 guy by then

Yeah, I think that should be about attainable.

yo.

#39 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,789 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 01, 2013 - 05:23 AM

Finally a great game last night. 20p,10r and 5 blocks. Maybe we'll see more of this in the future as he gets in more of a game shape.

Impossible is nothing.

#40 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,683 posts

Posted December 01, 2013 - 05:59 AM

If he remains basically as healthy as he can be there's no doubt in my mind he'll return to form. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: andrew bynum, comeback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users