3-WYSHES

Rookie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name:Ryan White
  • Fan Since:Showtime Era
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted February 26, 2009 - 11:34 AM

I think it will be great to talk about the future of Lakers Head Coach. Thinking possitive we have to expect that we will win the Championship this season and will give Phil his 10th ring and sealing the deal as far as most ring by a coach. He has said that he will coach 2 more seasons so if we win this year he will be back for our title defense. But u have to assume that that win or loose he will give it up after the 2010 season having beat out Red in coaching titles and fullfilled his contract to our organization. I mean i know his health has been back and fourth over the years with different problems. We should disscuss who would we like to replace him and probably coach Kobe's remaining years as a Laker and keep us a Championship conteder as Kobe ages and passes the torch to our young man Mr. Bynum for him to lead us to glory.

Edited by 3-WYSHES, February 26, 2009 - 01:05 PM.

#22 G-Small

G-Small

Lakers World Order

• 441 posts
  • Name:G-Small
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Nickey Maxwell VanExel III

Posted February 26, 2009 - 01:56 PM

I think it will be great to talk about the future of Lakers Head Coach. Thinking possitive we have to expect that we will win the Championship this season and will give Phil his 10th ring and sealing the deal as far as most ring by a coach. He has said that he will coach 2 more seasons so if we win this year he will be back for our title defense. But u have to assume that that win or loose he will give it up after the 2010 season having beat out Red in coaching titles and fullfilled his contract to our organization. I mean i know his health has been back and fourth over the years with different problems. We should disscuss who would we like to replace him and probably coach Kobe's remaining years as a Laker and keep us a Championship conteder as Kobe ages and passes the torch to our young man Mr. Bynum for him to lead us to glory.

I think this is a great topic idea.

Since I'm hear though let's discuss...

I think there are a wealth of future Lakers coaches:

The easiet choice would be Kurt Rambis, who has become Phil Jackson, and Phil is playing Tex Winter!
Kurt's been an assistant for years and knows the system well.

Of course there is Byron Scott, but Dr. Buss is a loyalty guy, and I honestly think Rambis would get the first offer.

Don't sleep on Brian Shaw either.

There is an outside chance of Michael Cooper who had sucess in the WNBA, and was almost the Nuggets coach had they not picked George Karl.

My personal pick would be B-Scott. He took the Nets to the Finals TWICE.

Edited by G-Small, February 26, 2009 - 01:57 PM.

#23 3-WYSHES

3-WYSHES

Rookie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name:Ryan White
  • Fan Since:Showtime Era
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted February 27, 2009 - 11:07 AM

Ahh yes G now we thinkin on the same page. Keeping it in house. I was shocked a few years back when they Rudy T took over as Head coach it just came out of Left field and ended how i thought it would end in mess. This time it needs to be thought out very carefully and i hope it is something that is in Dr. Buss and Mitch's mind now. I do like Rambis or maybee even Shaw as a frontman just because they are on our bench now. Byron Scott has mentioned that he would love to coach the Lakers which was kinda strange coming from him as they was making a push into the playoffs last year but i guess the truth is the truth.

#24 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted February 27, 2009 - 12:52 PM

I want Byron Scott or Brian Shaw to be the head coach, after Phil retires. I don't want Rambis as our head coach because he already had his chance to coach the Lakers and he didn't do a good job.

Why should he take over when he's in charge of our defense and our defense sucks?

#25 G-Small

G-Small

Lakers World Order

• 441 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 01:15 PM

I want Byron Scott or Brian Shaw to be the head coach, after Phil retires. I don't want Rambis as our head coach because he already had his chance to coach the Lakers and he didn't do a good job.

Why should he take over when he's in charge of our defense and our defense sucks?

His schemes don't suck, the commitment to it by our Hermosa Beach mentality players do.

Remember how good we looked defensively at the beggining of the season running Kurt's strong side zonde D?

Then the players just started kicking back and there you go.

At the end of the day though I would want Byron over Rambis too :yes:

It would be nice for an INGLEWOOD guy to come back and coach the Lakers!

Edited by G-Small, February 27, 2009 - 01:15 PM.

#26 EchoZulu

EchoZulu

EazyRidin'

• 98 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Chuck Nevitt

Posted February 28, 2009 - 02:09 AM

You know what....

I think you guys should make it possible for us to be able to listen to the podcast live with the implementation of live call ins by us fans...similar to LakerLine. I know I'd participate.

I don't know how much resources you'd have to shell out, but by making it live, I think, would generate a little more buzz...and make it a whole lot more fun...for ALL of us.

#27 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted February 28, 2009 - 12:20 PM

It would be nice for an INGLEWOOD guy to come back and coach the Lakers!

Like me? :lol:

I think the Live thing would be a hassle to set up, but if we do it before-hand, or send in questions, it would be cool

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#28 G-Small

G-Small

Lakers World Order

• 441 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 01:18 PM

You know what....

I think you guys should make it possible for us to be able to listen to the podcast live with the implementation of live call ins by us fans...similar to LakerLine. I know I'd participate.

I don't know how much resources you'd have to shell out, but by making it live, I think, would generate a little more buzz...and make it a whole lot more fun...for ALL of us.

This is GREAT idea!!

I'm going to speak with the powers that be...

Like me? :lol:

I think the Live thing would be a hassle to set up, but if we do it before-hand, or send in questions, it would be cool

You from the Wood? What part?

#29 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted March 02, 2009 - 02:09 PM

You know what....

you guys should check out talkshoe.com

it has everything you'd need to make it live and take calls. blogtalkradio is another.

#30 EchoZulu

EchoZulu

EazyRidin'

• 98 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Chuck Nevitt

Posted March 02, 2009 - 05:39 PM

This is GREAT idea!!

I'm going to speak with the powers that be...

:mitch:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users