Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#22 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted November 01, 2013 - 06:02 PM

The whole album is available through iTunes Radio now.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#23 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 802 posts
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:54 PM

The more I listen to it the more I love it. Only song I skip is "brainless". "Bad Guy" is bonkers. Really love the heartfelt "headlights".

#24 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,565 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 01, 2013 - 09:57 PM

AOTY easily

#25 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,855 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted November 02, 2013 - 01:15 PM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#26 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,565 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 03, 2013 - 10:49 AM

Em needs to announce some tour dates in America. I have to see him live before it's all over.

He's touring in Australia with Kendrick and J.Cole. I don't understand why he refuses to bring a show like that to America. 

Imagine Kendrick and Eminem at the Staples Center. That'd probably be the greatest non-Laker event to ever happen at Staples lol

#27 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,777 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2013 - 01:04 PM

01 Bad Guy -- 3.5/5.0 , Evolving style similar to Rap God, which makes some parts of the song better than others

02 Parking Lot Skit -- N/A

03 Rhyme or Reason -- 3.0/5.0 , Was not the best lyrically, but told a story and was cleverly morbid over a "happy feeling" styled chorus

04 So Much Better -- 2.5/5.0 , The content of the song could have been so much better

05 Survival -- 3.5/5.0 , Lyrics held up and it made me laugh once, good overall production, just not a fan of letting the beat and chorus dominate the song, they must add to the song, not dominate it

06 Legacy -- 4.5/5.0 , A song that a lot of people can relate to, with the potential to be motivational and inspirational. Em went with the underwater approach and made it work.

07 [expletive] -- 4.0/5.0 , great flow that not many rappers can pull off. 1st verse > 3rd verse > 2nd verse > beat > chorus

08 Bezerk -- 3.0/5.0 , great with the syllables, most of my critique is similar to Survival. The overall production was decent and is probably good for a workout playlist or something, but again, I'm interested in lyrics lyrics lyrics bars bars bars, not the beat/chorus dictating the song.

09 Rap God -- 4.5/5.0 , evolving flow, amazing syllable work + wordplay, funny, controversial.

10 Brainless -- 4.0/5.0 , Eminem did it right with the sample+beat+storyline. Listen carefully and you get engaged pretty quick.

11 Stronger Than I Was -- 3.0/5.0 , "Hailie" style song which a lot of people could probably relate to. Good to listen to a few times, but I wouldn't be interested in throwing it in a playlist. As Eminem self-proclaims, he "can't sing."

12 The Monster -- 3.0/5.0 , Eminem actually does a good job conveying a message through his lyrics if you listen, but I am definitely not feeling the chorus or beat. Not my style at all, I skip over the chorus.

13 So Far -- 3.0/5.0 , I would describe this song as the summation of various samples. Because of this, at points there is a feeling of nostalgia. Other than that, I don't see anything too special in this track.

14 Love Game -- 3.5/5.0 , the sample feels classy, with comedic lyrics and a chorus I can work with.

15 Headlights -- 4.5/5.0 , another song that a lot of people can relate to. Em gets personal in this song and offers a message of forgiveness.

16 Evil Twin -- 3.5/5.0 , "cuz we are the same, [expletive]." I can hear the "new Em" and his evil twin "Slim Shady" in this song. It doesn't stick out as a top track, but it does make me wonder if Eminem is going to do The Slim Shady LP 2.

Average Rating: 3.53/5.0

01 Baby -- 4.5/5.0 , Slim Shady mode engaged. The flow and lyrics dominate the song, fitting the beat perfectly. Very skillful.

02 Desperation -- 4.0/5.0 , another great utilization of word play and syllables.

03 Groundhog Day -- 4.5/5.0 , there really isn't much to say, amazing flow and lyrics.

04 Beautiful Pain -- 4.0/5.0 , similar to "Love the Way You Lie" kind of style. Emotional feel and good lyrics.

05 Wicked Ways -- 4.0/5.0 , crazy word play, interesting how Eminem edited himself, good production.

I am really impressed with the Deluxe bonus tracks.

Average Rating: 4.2/5.0

Overall, this album did a lot better than Recovery and is reminiscent of the classic Slim in a lot of ways. While the album in entirety might not please everyone, I think there are a lot of tracks that people are overlooking. If every song on the album kept up with the Deluxe tracks, you would see the potential for this album to beat the original MMLP. Unfortunately, there are more than one "throw away" tracks on the album which keep it from competing at that level.

If I could separate the tracks into three tiers, you would see:

Spotlight Tracks

• Legacy
  • Rap God
  • Brainless
  • Headlights
  • Baby
  • Desperation
  • Groundhog Day
  • Beautiful Pain
  • Wicked Ways

Average Tracks

• Bad Guy
  • Survival
  • Rhyme or Reason
  • So Far
  • Love Game
  • Evil Twin

Throwaway Tracks

• Stronger Than I Was
  • So Much Better
  • Bezerk
  • The Monster

Comparisons:

Bad Guy, 4:09-5:09, 100% classic Slim Shady

Legacy, piano-style reminiscence, may remind some of Mockingbird

[expletive], the "new-gen" version of "Just Don't Give a [expletive]"

Stronger Than I Was, basically a new "Hailie's Song"

Headlights, a collision of Kanye West's "Hey Mama" meets "When I'm Gone" + "Difficult"

And every single Deluxe bonus track was what some people might call "the old Slim." With that stated,

MMLP2 Average Rating: ~ 3.9/5.0 B-

There are some songs that I would give a 5.0 and others lower ratings because it connects more or less personally; I'd give the MMLP2 average rating a +- margin of .3 . For example, I thought it was cool that Eminem pretty much disowned Cleaning Out My Closet in the song Headlights. It shows a lot in how he has changed throughout the years but can still rip the mic.

Edited by -Wade-, November 03, 2013 - 06:29 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#28 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted November 03, 2013 - 01:46 PM

The Zombies sample was surprising

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#29 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'd agree with B-. Definitely not album of the year but it was good. It has eminem moments both great and bad and if you've been a eminem fan from the beginning you know exactly what that means
Posted Image

#30 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,855 posts

Posted November 04, 2013 - 12:27 PM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#31 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 05, 2013 - 11:03 AM

Accents = bad

Raw dope lyrics/ dark humor= GOAT

#32 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 05, 2013 - 12:14 PM

anY4Vjo_700b_v1.jpg

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#33 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,855 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 06:06 PM

#34 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,238 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2013 - 09:05 AM

Projected to do 700k-1m in first week sales.

That would make it the highest-selling Rap album of the year.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#35 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,855 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 07:08 AM

He's a better MC now than MMLP1

#36 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 09:27 AM

Not a chance man ..

Message From Pac

#37 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,777 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 09, 2013 - 09:36 AM

I actually think this album has a shot for album of the year. After examining the album for a few days, I have upgraded the ratings of a few songs. I really hope Headlights or Beautiful Pain blows up, they have the potential to. All of the bonus tracks are straight fire and there are other unmentioned gems on the LP.

Edited by -Wade-, November 09, 2013 - 09:36 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#38 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,832 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 10:42 AM

To me, Bad Guy was the best song on the album. I don't really think headlights was all that, other than how emotional it was.

#39 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 802 posts
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 10, 2013 - 12:01 AM

Agree. And he's said the same thing.

#40 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 02:09 AM

My problem with his album is that it has no replay value (except maybe for Rap God and Berzerk). Saying a 100 words a second with a funny accent might make him a better MC, but I prefer the older "worst" Eminem that actually made good intransitive music ..

Edited by Saber, November 10, 2013 - 02:10 AM.

Message From Pac

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users