9 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted October 29, 2013 - 02:31 PM

If you guys are lakers fan and never heard of this radio station you probably are not lakers fans. I mean this radio station is the home for lakers radio. Anyway Magic will be in studio with max and marcelis for an hour no commercials at 4 pm PST.  Looking forward to seeing what the Magic man had to say about the lakers And probably some dodger talk too.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hands down the greatest interview I have heard in years. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

• 38,981 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 04:38 PM

^ Is it available anywhere recorded at least now? Link perhaps?

yo.

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,929 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 29, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Listened to the interview on my way to work.  Great insight by Magic and really gives you a better understanding of his problem with Jim Buss.

It should be available later this evening on their website for those who didn't listen to it.

#5 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 05:14 PM

I dont have a link but there should be a podcast of it on their espn 710 website maybe tomorrow or later on and on the tunein radio espn max and marcelus podcast for tomorrow

#6 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,646 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted October 30, 2013 - 09:43 AM

I enjoyed the interview, but I get a little tired of some gloom and doom that makes it seem like the Lakers have done nothing right in years, and have no hope for the future.

Marcellus is whining about how Miami wound up with two superstars, and how the Lakers used to be the team to do that.  Problem is:  just a year ago, we were celebrating the off-season additions of Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, to play along-side Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

We knew if Dwight left, we had no capacity to secure another star.  The plan?  2014.  Clear the books and target the top free agents.

I'm not saying this will work, but there is a plan.

Every team hits a blip now and then.  Admittedly, the Lakers could have avoided this drop had they A) hired Phil Jackson, and B) re-signed Dwight, and C) (trade Pau for a guard).

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#7 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 1,629 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 10:07 AM

I enjoyed the interview, but I get a little tired of some gloom and doom that makes it seem like the Lakers have done nothing right in years, and have no hope for the future.

Marcellus is whining about how Miami wound up with two superstars, and how the Lakers used to be the team to do that.  Problem is:  just a year ago, we were celebrating the off-season additions of Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, to play along-side Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

We knew if Dwight left, we had no capacity to secure another star.  The plan?  2014.  Clear the books and target the top free agents.

Every team hits a blip now and then.  Admittedly, the Lakers could have avoided this drop had they A) hired Phil Jackson, and B) re-signed Dwight, and C) (trade Pau for a guard).

100% agree. Found it annoying that he kept implying that Jim/Mitch don't have the next few years planned out. How would he know? He doesn't work with them.

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,929 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2013 - 10:10 AM

To be honest, Marcellus is an intelligent individual, but I pay zero attention to his opinion on basketball.  A couple years ago, he was a joy to listen to, but ever since the Clippers (his team) became good, all he does is run down the Lakers now. He doesn't do that to any other sports team on the radio, just the Lakers and it really makes him look like a homer.  He likes to run down Kobe which is weird since it's ESPN 710 home of the Lakers, but he's had zero problem defending Dwight Howard and blaming that situation on Kobe and the fans. 

#9 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 5,411 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2013 - 01:11 PM

need recap or stream?

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 38,981 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 03:53 AM

Couldn't help but chuckle a little hearing Magic talk about the Dodgers. That topic might've gone a little longer than it should've considering it's not exactly his expertise.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users