#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,014 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 29, 2013 - 02:03 PM

Jeremy Lin Benched in Favor of Patrick Beverley for Rockets Opening Night Lineup

jeremylin_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=7

While he remains one of the more widely known players in the league, Jeremy Lin will begin the 2013-14 NBA regular season coming off the bench for the Houston Rockets.

Earlier today, teammate Chandler Parsons revealed that he, Dwight Howard, James Harden, Omer Asik and Patrick Beverley would be the starters for Houston's season-opener against the Charlotte Bobcats, per the Houston Chronicle's Jonathan Feigen.

@Jonathan_Feigen

Same starters, Chandler Parsons said. That would be Dwight, Omer, Parsons, Harden, Beverley. Go nuts.

Head coach Kevin McHale has been grappling with the decision of whether to start Lin or Beverley at point guard for some time now.

"I have two starting point guards," he previously said, according to the Chronicle's Jenny Dial Creech.

Howard will be starting at power forward alongside Asik at center—putting Houston's past floor-spacing dynamic to bed—and Harden is famed for attacking the hole with his patented dribble-drives.

Thoughts?

Sounds like Houston has a 25 million dollar bench player now....

And what do you think of Howard at Power Forward?  

Edited by Majesty, October 29, 2013 - 02:11 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,377 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 02:07 PM

I can't see any way how the Rockets don't absolutely blow out the Bobcats. I would genuinely be surprised if they didn't.

As far as Beverley starting over Lin, that's only gonna' make that lineup even more incredibly tough defensively. I mean my goodness. Asik, Dwight, Parsons (a solid defender as well), Harden (probably the weakest of the five, but makes up for it with his superb offense), & Beverley? Damn man, I mean damn.

And what do you think of Howard at Power Forward?  

Don't really see an issue there. Saw some preseason games with him there and he didn't look too bad.

yo.

#3 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 29, 2013 - 02:21 PM

jeremy got robbed D:

#4 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 29, 2013 - 02:41 PM

The Rockets should have learned from the Lakers that Dwight does not work well with another big in the paint.

This is part of the learning process that may keep the Rockets from the top seed in the West.

Bad decision.

• 40,377 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 04:30 PM

^ Perhaps, but there's a few differences here. Asik can actually play defense unlike Pau & offensively, Asik is nowhere near the player Pau is, thus there won't be as much pressure to feed Asik as well to keep him "involved" & "happy".

yo.

#6 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 29, 2013 - 04:31 PM

Still, Dwight does not work well in the paint with another big.

It's only being done to appease Asik. They will be forced into a decision about him soon enough.

#7 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 04:33 PM

Lol Howard at PF. Do the rockets think Howard has a jumper or passing ability. Howard should be the center with one of their athletic shooting PFs starting
Posted Image

• 40,377 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 04:35 PM

^ It may have just been preseason, but nonetheless, it didn't look too bad at all there the few times it was displayed. Dwight's got the mobility to keep up with most 4s anyway.

yo.

#9 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,356 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 29, 2013 - 04:47 PM

Interesting.

#10 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted October 29, 2013 - 06:07 PM

Donatas should be starting at PF. And Lin won't be happy about being benched, but Beverley deserves the shine

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,337 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 29, 2013 - 11:00 PM

Beverly starting next to Harden is a smart move. Harden can handle the ball and Lin coming off the bench will have a bit more space to create. Last season there was a lot of overlap between the two.

Howard at PF I don't like. They really need to move Asik and I think it's a matter of time before they do.

• 40,377 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 02:24 AM

Hasn't looked too bad so far and the most surprising thing of all to me has been how well both Dwight & Asik have been shooting their free throws. I don't expect that to hold up forever, but if they can keep that up to a relatively successful rate, that could be scary for the rest of the league.

yo.

#13 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,337 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 06:48 AM

Hasn't looked too bad so far and the most surprising thing of all to me has been how well both Dwight & Asik have been shooting their free throws. I don't expect that to hold up forever, but if they can keep that up to a relatively successful rate, that could be scary for the rest of the league.

I think it's a matter of time before Dwight start missing his FTs and I think Asik is half-way out the door in Houston. There too much overlap between the two and it creates spacing problems on the offensive end when they're both playing.

#14 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,462 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 07, 2013 - 11:57 AM

I've been saying it forever.  They are going to trade Asik for a good return.  Maybe a good PF that can space the floor or a pick but he's not staying there long term.  Don't think any team wants Lin though.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

• 40,377 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 12:00 PM

Don't think any team wants Lin though.

Probably not, but fortunately for Houston at least so far, Lin's been playing pretty well. His jumper's been much improved.

yo.

#16 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,337 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 05:02 AM

I've been saying it forever.  They are going to trade Asik for a good return.  Maybe a good PF that can space the floor or a pick but he's not staying there long term.  Don't think any team wants Lin though.

The thing with Lin is that he is a pretty good fit in Houston if he comes off the bench and since they have a lot of cheap ass roleplayers, Lin wont take them into the luxury tax. And, he's a fan favorite, which also has value.

I think Asik is gone though and I expect a Ryan Anderson trade to go down at any second. It makes too much sense for both parties.

#17 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,014 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 08, 2013 - 05:06 AM

Isn't Anderson injured?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,377 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 02:41 PM

^ Yes, but isn't expected to miss much time.

Ryan Anderson of New Orleans Pelicans out with toe injury - ESPN

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users