#21 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,252 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2013 - 04:05 AM

How? It's called an opinion.

Doenst mean you cant say an opinion is a bad one... 

Laker fan for life.

#22 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted October 30, 2013 - 10:01 AM

I would put Isaiah Thomas and Stockton over him. Esp Isaiah. Not even close.

#23 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,613 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2013 - 10:58 PM

Sure is an opinion, a completely stupid one.

Iverson wouldn't be in the top 30 of all time.

What has top 30 all time got to do with it, stupid?

Pound-for-pound, he is easily among the elite considering his size (6'0'', 165pound), heart as well as virtually any metric.

#24 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,443 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted October 31, 2013 - 07:21 AM

That is flat out idiotic.

Uneducated and completely ignorant of history.

Tell us what you really think please lol. You must be a real joy to discuss basketball with, really respectful of the opinions of others.

#25 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted October 31, 2013 - 09:58 AM

this is pound for pound the dumbest quote ever from an athlete.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#26 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,547 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted October 31, 2013 - 11:28 AM

However, LeBron is building up the Sixers' home opener, versus the Heat...because that's when Allen Iverson is having his retirement ceremony.

bingo.

Iverson had his moments but isn't the best 165 pounds at 6 feet. Hes behind Isiah and John

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#27 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,613 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 01, 2013 - 12:38 AM

bingo.

Iverson had his moments but isn't the best 165 pounds at 6 feet. Hes behind Isiah and John

Well, that's up for debate. What can't be questioned is that Iverson, pound-for-pound, is among the very best.

#28 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,602 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted November 01, 2013 - 06:25 AM

Do people here know what the statement 'pound for pound' actually means, it is completely irrelevant in any other sport aside from boxing. Like it doesn't make any sense at all, even if you only qualify little guys, it literally is a weird comment.

#29 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,530 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 01, 2013 - 08:11 AM

That is flat out idiotic.

Uneducated and completely ignorant of history.

This. I grew up watching the guy and he was a great scorer but not much else. Was a volume shooter. John Stockton and Isiah Thomas were easily better players in my opinion. Also MJ came in the league at around 195 so 30 more pounds then AI and did a hell of a lot of things better and more effectively then AI, as a rookie I would take MJ over AI's best years.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, November 01, 2013 - 08:11 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#30 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 01, 2013 - 08:29 AM

This. I grew up watching the guy and he was a great scorer but not much else. Was a volume shooter. John Stockton and Isiah Thomas were easily better players in my opinion. Also MJ came in the league at around 195 so 30 more pounds then AI and did a hell of a lot of things better and more effectively then AI, as a rookie I would take MJ over AI's best years.

John Stocton a better passer and offensive scheme guy than AI.  Isiah Thomas a better dribbler and cross over than AI. AI are better scorers than both Isiah Thomas and Stockton.   Micheal Jordan a better scorer than AI, a better rebounder than AI, a better defender than AI, a better body than AI, a better mindset than AI, a better teamate than AI. The only thing AI have better than Jordan is speed.

So i dont know what this pound for pound mean but  there is a reason why AI couldn't get a job in the NBA even when he was only 35 which players like Nash can still play at a high level at 35.   People tend to forget that AI didn't retire this year.  In perspective, he actually retires 5 years ago when the NBA said he suck so he had to go over seas to play and even then the other teams wouldn't want him. So he end up being broke.

Edited by epicwolf, November 01, 2013 - 08:31 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#31 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 897 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 05, 2013 - 02:52 AM

Well...unquestionably the best "practice" player ever. :laughing:

But i'd put him up there ahead of isiah thomas. Thomas is about Kevin Johnson level imo. Another very underrated guy.

And Iverson is still among the top handful of career ave. scoring leader guys.  He was an amazing player. I just wish he would have had fewer injuries and lasted at the high level he was playing at the first 9 years of his career

Edited by kball, November 05, 2013 - 03:00 AM.

Opposing Coaches Brief Pregame Peptalk/Scouting Report:

"Now remember, go out there for opening tip, look at the guy you're matched up with, and bust out laughing!"

• 39,008 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 02:41 AM

It's crazy just how many of AI's infamous crossovers were actually travels. In today's game, especially this season with the emphasis more than ever on traveling in general as well as carrying the ball & what not, he'd be severely hampered to say the least.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users